Tottenham Thread

chonabot

In comparison if you look at the way AVB has our team playing I say the future is very good indeed for us.

This style of football is exciting, challenging for the players, oh and as Bayern are showing....with the class up feont it brings trophies.

Two more signings Daniel.....

• Like 1

So, another mouthy Spurs supporter to tolerate.Posted Image

Ian-please contact Smokie for the skinny as to what is, and what is not, tolerated from your gabby camp.Posted Image

Back in yer box jellybean.....Ian has got his anawer from our esteemed mod.

Go and buy some silly money players will ya?

You lot are a major disappointment this window.

Two bob club. :D

So, another mouthy Spurs supporter to tolerate.tongue.png

Ian-please contact Smokie for the skinny as to what is, and what is not, tolerated from your gabby camp.whistling.gif

Two bob club. biggrin.png

Jesus, I've been renamed Jellybean. Seems to be fated by the gods.facepalm.gif

Do not fret Smokie. I'm sure the big City boys will be splurging any second now.clap2.gif

• Like 1

Dunno why ... But back when I was a nipper Alan Gilzean was my fav player along with Pat Jennings of course

greaves for me mate, with jennings a close second pushing Cyril Knowles into third smile.png

Blanchflower, Norman and Mackay, were the perfect half back line.

Edited by uptheos

A bit of something about Villa for Spurs supporters to chew on. Gotta say I agree.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tottenham/id/972?cc=4716

I think 50/50 we get him....and I hope we do.

The real terget however is Benteke. wink.png

I dont think you will get Benteke. Not in this window anyway.

First of all Villa dont want to sell him, which means that it will take 25-30 million to get him.

Do you think Daniel will pay that for someone who has had only 1 (albeit excellent) season playing in the Premiership. I dont think so. And for once I would agree with him. I would like to see Benteke one more season, score 20 plus goals. Then it would be worth 25 million plus.

Dunno why ... But back when I was a nipper Alan Gilzean was my fav player along with Pat Jennings of course

greaves for me mate, with jennings a close second pushing Cyril Knowles into third smile.png

Blanchflower, Norman and Mackay, were the perfect half back line.

wouldnt argue with that up's but Never saw the blanc, b4 my time and , i was always disappointed that Norman retired early 28? and i never saw him, mackay was agiing, by the time i saw him, slow but imperious a real quality act still. and hard, <deleted> the only one to come ANYWHERE near him, in those days every team had its hard men, imo was hunter but as a footballer he weren't on the same planet as mackay. That photo of him grabbing ginger minger by the collar LOL and chopper harris didnt mix it with him thats 4 sure. w00t.gif

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Looks like Villa has signed for Atletico Madrid.

Less than 4.5 Million, which seems rather cheap to me!!

Link please.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=villa+joins+atletico+madrid&oq=villa+joins+athhletico+madrid&aqs=chrome.1.57j0.20865j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I guess he didn't fancy the chilly winter weather....who can blame him?

He is not the player he was, not after his broken leg. 31, not getting any younger. 4.5 was cheap, but I dont think you have missed too much.

Looks like Villa has signed for Atletico Madrid.

Less than 4.5 Million, which seems rather cheap to me!!

Link please.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=villa+joins+atletico+madrid&oq=villa+joins+athhletico+madrid&aqs=chrome.1.57j0.20865j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I guess he didn't fancy the chilly winter weather....who can blame him?

yeah looking at his record never playing outside spain, dont suppose at the end ish of his career he'd be ever likely to change unless the money was seriously silly and i'm sort of glad to say we didnt bite, not that i would have minded terribly having him 4 a season or 2.

He must be at least half the player he was...otherwise why sell?

Especially at such a low price.

In Daniel we trust.....sometimes! tongue.png

Situation was similar to Tevez.. 1 year left on his contract, getting huge wages. It was their last chance to cash out on him as well as taking a big chunk off the wage bill.

So, another mouthy Spurs supporter to tolerate.Posted Image

Ian-please contact Smokie for the skinny as to what is, and what is not, tolerated from your gabby camp.Posted Image

Two bob club. Posted Image

Jesus, I've been renamed Jellybean.Posted Image

You don, t want to know the names they have renamed me with over the years :D

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A bit of something about Villa for Spurs supporters to chew on. Gotta say I agree.

First of all Villa dont want to sell him, which means that it will take 25-30 million to get him.

Do you think Daniel will pay that for someone who has had only 1 (albeit excellent) season playing in the Premiership. I dont think so. And for once I would agree with him. I would like to see Benteke one more season, score 20 plus goals. Then it would be worth 25 million plus.

I agree with you to a point Jack as i'd like to see him for one more season but we are in a position whereby we have to take a punt now because if he has another successful season we'll have absolutely no chance of buying him. Only yourselves, Chelsea Utd and the big three in europe will be able to afford him.

I say go for it now and pay the 25m.

Villa was too old, too expensive and only coming in as a second string anyway, but we still need another back up striker on the assumption Adebayor is off to Turkey. The back up striker needs sorting but get Benteke first must be the priority

The real terget however is Benteke. ;)

Well according to this Benteke just submitted a transfer request and Villa indicated they will let him go.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/08/christian-benteke-transfer-request-aston-villa?

Well according to this Benteke just submitted a transfer request and Villa indicated they will let him go.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/08/christian-benteke-transfer-request-aston-villa?

Lets hope Chelsea and City don't decide to buy him so that we can't have him. Money talks.

I agree with you to a point Jack as i'd like to see him for one more season but we are in a position whereby we have to take a punt now because if he has another successful season we'll have absolutely no chance of buying him. Only yourselves, Chelsea Utd and the big three in europe will be able to afford him.

I say go for it now and pay the 25m.

Villa was too old, too expensive and only coming in as a second string anyway, but we still need another back up striker on the assumption Adebayor is off to Turkey. The back up striker needs sorting but get Benteke first must be the priority

I agree.

But my point is that will Daniel take the chance.

He is relatively unproven. I just dont see Daniel risking 25 mill.

I understand the predicament you are in, and it would make sense to take that shot, but I just dont see it in Daniels genes to happily pay 25 mill. I can see him trying to negotiate a lower price and whilst he is at it, another team will come in and pay the asking price and Benteke will say 'They wanted me more"

So who are you selling Smokie? I think is was you (but could have been another tatty) that said you expect a £5m net spend this window. Or is this a case of being happy to be wrong? :-)

benteke @25 is not good value ,gomez just left Munich 4 17. Remi's figures are Almost as good as bentekes .both are a risk but at under 10 remi would be worth a punt,@25 benteke is not .

Edited by rijit

So who are you selling Smokie? I think is was you (but could have been another tatty) that said you expect a £5m net spend this window. Or is this a case of being happy to be wrong? :-)

I expect Hudd and Adebayor to be sold.

Looks like I am still going to proved wrong.....and I am delighted by that. smile.png