Tottenham Thread

chonabot

t's not that i was massively against his signing, it's probably just how it's come first. if you'd asked me if we could sign one player this summer, what position would it be? my answer would've been a striker. if you'd said how about two signings, i'd've said a striker and a wide forward. three signings? a striker, a wide forward and a playmaker/creative midfielder. a fourth? probably another forward of some sort. fifth .. perhaps a left back, although personaly i'm a fan of both bae and rose but i'm not sure avb is particularly enamoured with them. my main basis of arguement against signing paulinho is that a box to box midfielder would've been way down on my list of priorities and considering we shelled out £17m for him(and we've spent an average of £1.53m net per year for the previous five years) i was and still am struggling to comprehend that we'll be spending much more.

This fella has it spot on in my eyes thumbsup.gif

We were after Moutinho, a playmaker / creative player so he buys Paulinho a completely different sort of player, is this Plan B or is it a case of he's good value and world class so we'll have him and we all know who would be thinking that way !

t's not that i was massively against his signing, it's probably just how it's come first. if you'd asked me if we could sign one player this summer, what position would it be? my answer would've been a striker. if you'd said how about two signings, i'd've said a striker and a wide forward. three signings? a striker, a wide forward and a playmaker/creative midfielder. a fourth? probably another forward of some sort. fifth .. perhaps a left back, although personaly i'm a fan of both bae and rose but i'm not sure avb is particularly enamoured with them. my main basis of arguement against signing paulinho is that a box to box midfielder would've been way down on my list of priorities and considering we shelled out £17m for him(and we've spent an average of £1.53m net per year for the previous five years) i was and still am struggling to comprehend that we'll be spending much more.

The sun reckons Tottenham are to offer Aston Villa the choice of Benoit Assou-Ekotto, 29, Scott Parker, 32, Jake Livermore, 23, or Tom Huddlestone, 26, along with £20m in exchange for their 22-year-old Belgium international striker Christian Benteke. I suppose it all depends on how much Villa fancy/need any of their cast off's. Would be better to go with a 25 Mil cash bid and try to recoup the money back, by selling the players to other clubs, which I'm sure they will be able to. Pissing around doesn't get you anywhere.

Sorry to say, but it is incorrect what you are saying.

Spurs value Benteke at 20 million, which means they are offering 15 million plus one of the players. No way are either Parker or Livermore worth 5 million. So its a non starter in my opinion. Besides Villa have said they want 25 mill hard cash.

The sun reckons Tottenham are to offer Aston Villa the choice of Benoit Assou-Ekotto, 29, Scott Parker, 32, Jake Livermore, 23, or Tom Huddlestone, 26, along with £20m in exchange for their 22-year-old Belgium international striker Christian Benteke. I suppose it all depends on how much Villa fancy/need any of their cast off's. Would be better to go with a 25 Mil cash bid and try to recoup the money back, by selling the players to other clubs, which I'm sure they will be able to. Pissing around doesn't get you anywhere.

Spurs value Benteke at 20 million, which means they are offering 15 million plus one of the players. No way are either Parker or Livermore worth 5 million. So its a non starter in my opinion. Besides Villa have said they want 25 mill hard cash.

A. Ups ain't saying anything he is quoting from The Sun !

B. He has named 4 players and your saying it won't happen then name 2 who ain't worth 5m facepalm.gif

C.You say "its a non-starter" wow well done, don't think you have to be a brain surgeon to work that one out clap2.gif

• Like 1

My first wife was a bit like you rijit.

My first wife was a bit like you rijit.

that really sounds like the sort lame ignorant comment some dumb arsed redneck from the 70's would come out with, get a f--cin grip!!! and you 2 smokie,, w00t.gif

twice biggrin.png

If a post makes me laugh it gets a like. Simple as rij! rolleyes.gif

yeah ,I know even snide remarks are worth a smile and a like sometimes , huh !

• Like 1

B. He has named 4 players and your saying it won't happen then name 2 who ain't worth 5m facepalm.gif

C.You say "its a non-starter" wow well done, don't think you have to be a brain surgeon to work that one out clap2.gif

OK, I will say it S-L-O-W-L-Y for the daft lad at the back of the class.

A) Ups misquoted. The Sun did not say 20 million plus a player. They said 20 mill INCLUDING the player.

B)4Players. Only Huddlestone is worth 5mill, and he is off to Sunderland. Parker is worth 3 tops, as is EKottou. Your young lad Livermore aint worth 5 either.

C)So you agree with me!! Cheers.tongue.png

B. He has named 4 players and your saying it won't happen then name 2 who ain't worth 5m :facepalm:

C.You say "its a non-starter" wow well done, don't think you have to be a brain surgeon to work that one out :clap2:

A) Ups misquoted. The Sun did not say 20 million plus a player. They said 20 mill INCLUDING the player.

B)4Players. Only Huddlestone is worth 5mill, and he is off to Sunderland. Parker is worth 3 tops, as is EKottou. Your young lad Livermore aint worth 5 either.

C)So you agree with me!! Cheers.:P

I don't read the sun if i want a comic i dig a valiant out !!!, but in fairness to o's the bbc did surmise it in their excellent daily gossip page as being 20 plus player/s

Tottenham are to offer Aston Villa the choice of Benoit Assou-Ekotto, 29, Scott Parker, 32, Jake Livermore, 23, or Tom Huddlestone, 26, along with £20m in exchange for their 22-year-old Belgium international striker Christian Benteke.

Full story: The Sun

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Ups took these words from BBC and cut+pasted exactly. If the actual article is different, I don't know, because I couldn't get into The Sun website, so I beg your forgiveness. Personally, I said they should offer 25Mil and recoup the money by selling players, which they will be able to..... geez it's not that time of the month again is it?

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

I don't read the sun if i want a comic i dig a valiant out !!!, but in fairness to o's the bbc did surmise it in their excellent daily gossip page as being 20 plus player/s

I always preferred the Eagle. tongue.png

Or one off the top shelf.....biggrin.png

This fella has it spot on in my eyes :thumbsup:

Yes he's spot on bar the last line i hope. Its now or never for Uncle Joe. Everyone can see the potential. If we are to mix it with the other four we MUST buy some more quality, especially upfront. Invest in the squad or please sell us to a buyer with ambition.

Ain't that the truth.

Chelsea were nothing until Mr Bates sold.

Big c is right.

Big c is right.

Still are nothing.  Just a russian oligarchs plaything

The second division will beckon them in a few years time.

Abramovich is better than some others. May even be a little bit misunderstood. Difficult when you really do have shed loads of money.

Love him or hate him, Mourhino is genuine footie.

Yes....the Torres deal was a cracker.

Abramovich is better than some others. May even be a little bit misunderstood. Difficult when you really do have shed loads of money.

Yes....the Torres deal was a cracker.

Yep. With hindsight turned out a disaster. At the time 50 mil looked ott.

Maybe Shankly was right:

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters.

Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

On me head Smokie.

Shed loads of money and won't buy a razor, tut tut. biggrin.png

• Like 1

peace rij.

Rijit was Right about Rooney.

Last argument I got into cost me 1.5mil.

we're still missing the point, rooney could well leave , the chavs come and wave 50 large and who knows,.the discussion or disagreement call it what you will, came about when i said moyes wouldn't want him to go, to which you promptly responded BOLOXS, so when moyes came out that he wanted rooney to stay I must admit to rather gracelessly reminding you..of your,,, cal it what you likepost-4641-1156694572.gif post-4641-1156694572.gif post-4641-1156694572.gif post-4641-1156694572.gif but true true true rooney may leave....

Big c is right.

Big c is right.

Still are nothing. Just a russian oligarchs plaything

And yet, since the Premier league started the Tatties have only beaten Chelsea 3 times out of 42.

Oh, and 11 of those years were pre-Roman.

Any of you Spuds want a bet on your muppets v Chelsea this year? I'll take bets on league position or games if you like.......

• Like 1

peace rij.

Rijit was Right about Rooney.

Last argument I got into cost me 1.5mil.

we're still missing the point, rooney could well leave , the chavs come and wave 50 large and who knows,.the discussion or disagreement call it what you will, came about when i said moyes wouldn't want him to go, to which you promptly responded BOLOXS, so when moyes came out that he wanted rooney to stay I must admit to rather gracelessly reminding you..of your,,, cal it what you like:header: :header: :header: :header: but true true true rooney may leave....

You are 100 percent right and I am wrong.

Sorry again.

I thought Moysey could pull another quality striker from another club and would therefore not be worried about Rooney going.

Looks like I was wrong on that one too.

Big c is right.

Big c is right.

Still are nothing. Just a russian oligarchs plaything

And yet, since the Premier league started the Tatties have only beaten Chelsea 3 times out of 42.

Oh, and 11 of those years were pre-Roman.

Any of you Spuds want a bet on your muppets v Chelsea this year? I'll take bets on league position or games if you like.......

Steady.

• Like 1

Yes he's spot on bar the last line i hope. Its now or never for Uncle Joe. Everyone can see the potential. If we are to mix it with the other four we MUST buy some more quality, especially upfront. Invest in the squad or please sell us to a buyer with ambition.

Ain't that the truth.

and pop in the 17 mil that were proposing to lob out on 2 17 year olds thumbsup.gif makes the last couple of lines even more scary!!!!!!!

• Like 1

How old was Rooney when he left Everton for £30m?

I dunno. but his Barnet is looking dodgy.

also he's a scouser. you know how I feel about east Europeans.

Where are you now Luka?

Class player. not sure what scrotum face felt though.