Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Sherwood has confirmed that Lamela will not be going out on loan. He apparently has a thigh strain which is keeping him on the sidelines and is, as we've been saying being held back to help him acclimatize to the league, the country, learn the language et al.

Seems like Spurs have known what they were doing with him all along and its about time a statement of sorts was made to stop the media rumor mill.

Must have got a thigh strain getting up off the bench too fast, poor sod. I hope they've provided him with a nice Teddy Bear to comfort him during his hardships here............He's half a season to acclimatise! WHL, House (home), Driving,Tower of London, Big Ben, Madame Taussauds, pissup at top clubs what else does he need to acclimatise> Language......"over here, pass, shoot, wanke_r"........what else does he need?......Pathetic!!!

Didn't hear none of this <deleted> about Gareth Bale, he just thought he was at RM to score goals.

Gareth took about three seasons to acclimatize at Spurs!! He was hopeless spending more time fiddling with his hair than listening to team talks by all accounts. Lamela took six months to settle in at Roma and was fantastic from that point on.

Lamela was bought on the basis it would probably take time and thats whats happened. Lets hope he only tales six months (rather than Gareth's three seasons) to mature into one day a world class player. He certainly needs to strengthen up to deal with the phsycalities of the premier league aswell

Good goal by Erkison

Lamela is not the same as Bale, who was 18 years old when Spurs signed him.

Lamela will be 22 in March and is a full Argentian international.

I've probably seen almost as much of Lamela playing for Spurs as you have and he will not become a world class player over here, his confidence has gone and the PL is definitely not for him. He will go back to Italy or to Spain at a substantial financial loss to Spurs.......you can save my words.

And from what I'm seeing so far today Soldadud won't be far behind.biggrin.png

PS I didn't even realise til now that he'd been subbed, that's how insignificant he is.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Sherwood has confirmed that Lamela will not be going out on loan. He apparently has a thigh strain which is keeping him on the sidelines and is, as we've been saying being held back to help him acclimatize to the league, the country, learn the language et al.

Seems like Spurs have known what they were doing with him all along and its about time a statement of sorts was made to stop the media rumor mill.

Must have got a thigh strain getting up off the bench too fast, poor sod. I hope they've provided him with a nice Teddy Bear to comfort him during his hardships here............He's half a season to acclimatise! WHL, House (home), Driving,Tower of London, Big Ben, Madame Taussauds, pissup at top clubs what else does he need to acclimatise> Language......"over here, pass, shoot, wanke_r"........what else does he need?......Pathetic!!!

Didn't hear none of this <deleted> about Gareth Bale, he just thought he was at RM to score goals.

Gareth took about three seasons to acclimatize at Spurs!! He was hopeless spending more time fiddling with his hair than listening to team talks by all accounts. Lamela took six months to settle in at Roma and was fantastic from that point on.

Lamela was bought on the basis it would probably take time and thats whats happened. Lets hope he only tales six months (rather than Gareth's three seasons) to mature into one day a world class player. He certainly needs to strengthen up to deal with the phsycalities of the premier league aswell

Good goal by Erkison

I've probably seen almost as much of Lamela playing for Spurs as you have and he will not become a world class player over here, his confidence has gone and the PL is definitely not for him. He will go back to Italy or to Spain at a substantial financial loss to Spurs.......you can save my words.

PS I didn't even realise til now that he'd been subbed, that's how insignificant he is.

Agreed about Lamela. Talented kid but I don't think he has the stomach for the EPL. Seems to be more than a little fragile in body and mind.

Agreed about Lamela. Talented kid but I don't think he has the stomach for the EPL. Seems to be more than a little fragile in body and mind.

Will be one of those players who spends a lot of time on the bench, if not a thigh strain, very cold feet. biggrin.png

Terrible first half.....got better though didn't it? biggrin.png

Buy a striker Daniel!

I watched the game and thought you were poor in the first half, very poor. I thought Palace could of been two goals to the good.

But give Sherwood credit, whatever he said at half time worked and you were much better in the 2nd half. Defoe looked sharp and Bentaleb looks like he could be a right player. All that money spent and Sherwood is putting faith in the young boy and by the looks of things so far rightly so. Good to see in my opinion.

YB

Good goal by Erkison

Lamela obsessed!!

I thought we were dreadful in the first half. I also think the result is tough on Palace.

I also don't particularly like Sherwoods tactics, whatever they are and i'm really not looking forward to playing City who will rip his 4-4-2 to shreds.

Nice goal by Defoe btw....

I thought we were dreadful in the first half. I also think the result is tough on Palace.

I also don't particularly like Sherwoods tactics, whatever they are and i'm really not looking forward to playing City who will rip his 4-4-2 to shreds.

Have you got City next away Carms?

Game after next I believe.

No mate. Swansea away first then City at the Lane. I personally feel that the first half display was the worst performance i've seen all season. Palace deserved at least a point, were largely better organized and Spurs were utterly clueless.

Why is it that a team that supposedly chasing a top four place is in need of a half time bollocking because they are playing so poorly and seemingly without the desire to win?

Good goal by Erkison

Lamela obsessed!!

Not at all Carmine, I just recall how excited you were that Spurs signed him and how you were so glad they got him rather than Willian, (who is playing well at Chelsea). I believe Lamela must be talented in order to be recognised by Argentina at full level, but be fair he's don'e absolutely nothing since joining Spurs in the summer window and the way things are going he will continue to do nothing and will not go to Brazil (unfortunately for the lad). Who knows he could have had his head fcuked up by AVB. It's not obsession any more that you're totally obsessed with defending him and thinking he will be a world class player at Spurs. We both have our opinion based on what we've seen, I say he will be off before too long as I don't think he can handle the PL and hopefully he will resurrect the talent he has and you say he will become a world class player at WHL. It's just two different opinions, nothing more and I also say the same about Soldadud, he won't be around too long because whatever he was taking at Valencia he obviously can't get any in UK. The money that Spurs got for Bale has been frittered away, which is a pity because signing two world class players would have been much better than the job lot they got.

Your best goal scoring forward, whether you like him or not has gone to Toronto. It will be interesting to see if Spurs do actually go after another forward or not?

Good goal by Erkison

Lamela obsessed!!

Not at all Carmine, I just recall how excited you were that Spurs signed him and how you were so glad they got him rather than Willian, (who is playing well at Chelsea). I believe Lamela must be talented in order to be recognised by Argentina at full level, but be fair he's don'e absolutely nothing since joining Spurs in the summer window and the way things are going he will continue to do nothing and will not go to Brazil (unfortunately for the lad). Who knows he could have had his head fcuked up by AVB. It's not obsession any more that you're totally obsessed with defending him and thinking he will be a world class player at Spurs. We both have our opinion based on what we've seen, I say he will be off before too long as I don't think he can handle the PL and hopefully he will resurrect the talent he has and you say he will become a world class player at WHL. It's just two different opinions, nothing more and I also say the same about Soldadud, he won't be around too long because whatever he was taking at Valencia he obviously can't get any in UK. The money that Spurs got for Bale has been frittered away, which is a pity because signing two world class players would have been much better than the job lot they got.

Your best goal scoring forward, whether you like him or not has gone to Toronto. It will be interesting to see if Spurs do actually go after another forward or not?

But thats just it Ups he isn't, thats the first goal he's scored in the Premiership since 21st Apr 2013, even Adebayor has scored more than that sad.png, and apart from that his general play is crap ! he only made 3 passes last night in 32 mins and one of them was to the opposition !

Good goal by Erkison

Lamela obsessed!!

But thats just it Ups he isn't, thats the first goal he's scored in the Premiership since 21st Apr 2013, even Adebayor has scored more than that sad.png, and apart from that his general play is crap ! he only made 3 passes last night in 32 mins and one of them was to the opposition !

Sorry alfie I thought he was. In that case why not get him off the wages bill and sign someone, that Shaquile chap's doing OK. wink.png

Bit thin on the forward front eh?

But didn't we say this a year ago when Bale was baling them out game after game?

Almost 60 million for two duds. facepalm.gif

Edited by uptheos

Lamela obsessed!!

Sorry alfie I thought he was. In that case why not get him off the wages bill and sign someone, that Shaquile chap's doing OK. wink.png

Bit thin on the forward front eh?

But didn't we say this a year ago when Bale was baling them out game after game?

Almost 60 million for two duds. facepalm.gif

We have rolleyes.gif

No mate. Swansea away first then City at the Lane. I personally feel that the first half display was the worst performance i've seen all season. Palace deserved at least a point, were largely better organized and Spurs were utterly clueless.

Why is it that a team that supposedly chasing a top four place is in need of a half time bollocking because they are playing so poorly and seemingly without the desire to win?

Yes mate, as soon as I wrote it I remembered. 2 big games then coming up. Yes, understand, worrying for other teams around you, you haven't played well yet.

Good goal by Erkison

Lamela obsessed!!

Alfie mate, serious question, forget stats etc for a min, as a spurs fan a one on one (or any chance for that matter) at the moment who would you rather had it for you, Soldado or Defoe? Honestly.

As an outsider wanting your teams to drop points I would want Soldado to have it. Just my opinion. I would have a cheeky bet that if there both fit Soldado will be dropped (maybe it will be worded as rested) in either of the next two games by Sherwood. In my opinion although his all round game has improved slightly under Sherwood he doesn't look any closer to finding his scoring touch.

YB

YB

Alfie mate, serious question, forget stats etc for a min, as a spurs fan a one on one (or any chance for that matter) at the moment who would you rather had it for you, Soldado or Defoe? Honestly.

As an outsider wanting your teams to drop points I would want Soldado to have it. Just my opinion. I would have a cheeky bet that if there both fit Soldado will be dropped (maybe it will be worded as rested) in either of the next two games by Sherwood. In my opinion although his all round game has improved slightly under Sherwood he doesn't look any closer to finding his scoring touch.

YB

YB

You won't be saying that when he finds out that a trickster has changed the left and right signs over on his boots all season! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Lamela obsessed!!

YB

YB

One on to one or clear cut chances, Soldado all day long, in case you didn't know, Defoes Conversion rate is abysmal, something like 1 in 10, plus Defoes all round play is terrible, people seem to get side tracked by the amount of goals defoe has scored in the past but sadly them days are long gone, something like 26 goals in the Premiership in the last 3 seasons.

To be fair if we are going to play a player for the amount of goals he has scored in the past then we might as well bring back Greavesy !

How many times do you see Defoe create chances for other players ? take last night for instance, just after he scored, Spurs broke away and had a 3 on 2 with one spare player to the left and right, he passes to neither and then fcuks it !!!!!

People need to stop looking at his past and actually watch him in a game because he does niche !

Incidently if he's such a great player, why are Spurs letting him go ?

• Like 1

One on to one or clear cut chances, Soldado all day long, in case you didn't know, Defoes Conversion rate is abysmal, something like 1 in 10, plus Defoes all round play is terrible, people seem to get side tracked by the amount of goals defoe has scored in the past but sadly them days are long gone, something like 26 goals in the Premiership in the last 3 seasons.

To be fair if we are going to play a player for the amount of goals he has scored in the past then we might as well bring back Greavesy !

How many times do you see Defoe create chances for other players ? take last night for instance, just after he scored, Spurs broke away and had a 3 on 2 with one spare player to the left and right, he passes to neither and then fcuks it !!!!!

People need to stop looking at his past and actually watch him in a game because he does niche !

Incidently if he's such a great player, why are Spurs letting him go ?

They still have him + expenses til the Canadian league starts........can't do without a bit of rubbish right now eh? biggrin.png

Just read;

Tottenham head coach Tim Sherwood is unhappy with the attitude of some of his players and is ready to sell midfielder Etienne Capoue, 25.........(well he seems to have been a good buy) sad.png

TIM SHERWOOD has accused some of his Tottenham stars of being lazy and unprofessional. facepalm.gif

Can't tell you any more because: To read more of this article sign up for Sun+ today. laugh.png

Edited by uptheos