Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Lamela obsessed!!

Not at all Carmine, I just recall how excited you were that Spurs signed him and how you were so glad they got him rather than Willian, (who is playing well at Chelsea). I believe Lamela must be talented in order to be recognised by Argentina at full level, but be fair he's don'e absolutely nothing since joining Spurs in the summer window and the way things are going he will continue to do nothing and will not go to Brazil (unfortunately for the lad). Who knows he could have had his head fcuked up by AVB. It's not obsession any more that you're totally obsessed with defending him and thinking he will be a world class player at Spurs. We both have our opinion based on what we've seen, I say he will be off before too long as I don't think he can handle the PL and hopefully he will resurrect the talent he has and you say he will become a world class player at WHL. It's just two different opinions, nothing more and I also say the same about Soldadud, he won't be around too long because whatever he was taking at Valencia he obviously can't get any in UK. The money that Spurs got for Bale has been frittered away, which is a pity because signing two world class players would have been much better than the job lot they got.

Your best goal scoring forward, whether you like him or not has gone to Toronto. It will be interesting to see if Spurs do actually go after another forward or not?

But thats just it Ups he isn't, thats the first goal he's scored in the Premiership since 21st Apr 2013, even Adebayor has scored more than that sad.png, and apart from that his general play is crap ! he only made 3 passes last night in 32 mins and one of them was to the opposition !

Alfie mate, serious question, forget stats etc for a min, as a spurs fan a one on one (or any chance for that matter) at the moment who would you rather had it for you, Soldado or Defoe? Honestly.

As an outsider wanting your teams to drop points I would want Soldado to have it. Just my opinion. I would have a cheeky bet that if there both fit Soldado will be dropped (maybe it will be worded as rested) in either of the next two games by Sherwood. In my opinion although his all round game has improved slightly under Sherwood he doesn't look any closer to finding his scoring touch.

YB

YB

One on to one or clear cut chances, Soldado all day long, in case you didn't know, Defoes Conversion rate is abysmal, something like 1 in 10, plus Defoes all round play is terrible, people seem to get side tracked by the amount of goals defoe has scored in the past but sadly them days are long gone, something like 26 goals in the Premiership in the last 3 seasons.

To be fair if we are going to play a player for the amount of goals he has scored in the past then we might as well bring back Greavesy !

How many times do you see Defoe create chances for other players ? take last night for instance, just after he scored, Spurs broke away and had a 3 on 2 with one spare player to the left and right, he passes to neither and then fcuks it !!!!!

People need to stop looking at his past and actually watch him in a game because he does niche !

Incidently if he's such a great player, why are Spurs letting him go ?

I certainly don't have a preference for Defoe, I agree with what you say Alfie, Defoe is not the player he was, has a poor conversion rate etc etc. I hear you and this is backed up by the Spurs games I watch, barring I think it was Sunderland away if my memory serves me correctly (hit the post twice) he isn't a great player.

This is the reason you are letting him go. However, does Soldado have a much better conversion ratio, scoring ratio, assists? Is his all round play that much better? He plays a hell of a lot more minutes than Defoe and on current form does not provide a better return (penalties aside, he's great at that wink.png).

If Soldado carries on at the rate he is going he will not get to 26 premier league goals in this season and the next 2 unless you keep getting dodgy decisions! biggrin.png

YB

OK which one of you is the pudgy slaphead midget flogging Buriram shirts in Bangkok?Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Buriwhere??

Relaxing by the beach Chicog is where you'll find us....not in infested gooner swamps! :lol:

OK which one of you is the pudgy slaphead midget flogging Buriram shirts in Bangkok?Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Buriwhere??

Relaxing by the beach Chicog is where you'll find us....not in infested gooner swamps! laugh.png

No, he was wearing the "Chicken on a beachball" shirt. I'm guessing his career in English teaching flopped.

biggrin.png

Lamela obsessed!!

Not at all Carmine, I just recall how excited you were that Spurs signed him and how you were so glad they got him rather than Willian, (who is playing well at Chelsea). I believe Lamela must be talented in order to be recognised by Argentina at full level, but be fair he's don'e absolutely nothing since joining Spurs in the summer window and the way things are going he will continue to do nothing and will not go to Brazil (unfortunately for the lad). Who knows he could have had his head fcuked up by AVB. It's not obsession any more that you're totally obsessed with defending him and thinking he will be a world class player at Spurs. We both have our opinion based on what we've seen, I say he will be off before too long as I don't think he can handle the PL and hopefully he will resurrect the talent he has and you say he will become a world class player at WHL. It's just two different opinions, nothing more and I also say the same about Soldadud, he won't be around too long because whatever he was taking at Valencia he obviously can't get any in UK. The money that Spurs got for Bale has been frittered away, which is a pity because signing two world class players would have been much better than the job lot they got.

Your best goal scoring forward, whether you like him or not has gone to Toronto. It will be interesting to see if Spurs do actually go after another forward or not?

But thats just it Ups he isn't, thats the first goal he's scored in the Premiership since 21st Apr 2013, even Adebayor has scored more than that sad.png, and apart from that his general play is crap ! he only made 3 passes last night in 32 mins and one of them was to the opposition !

Alfie mate, serious question, forget stats etc for a min, as a spurs fan a one on one (or any chance for that matter) at the moment who would you rather had it for you, Soldado or Defoe? Honestly.

As an outsider wanting your teams to drop points I would want Soldado to have it. Just my opinion. I would have a cheeky bet that if there both fit Soldado will be dropped (maybe it will be worded as rested) in either of the next two games by Sherwood. In my opinion although his all round game has improved slightly under Sherwood he doesn't look any closer to finding his scoring touch.

YB

YB

One on to one or clear cut chances, Soldado all day long, in case you didn't know, Defoes Conversion rate is abysmal, something like 1 in 10, plus Defoes all round play is terrible, people seem to get side tracked by the amount of goals defoe has scored in the past but sadly them days are long gone, something like 26 goals in the Premiership in the last 3 seasons.

To be fair if we are going to play a player for the amount of goals he has scored in the past then we might as well bring back Greavesy !

How many times do you see Defoe create chances for other players ? take last night for instance, just after he scored, Spurs broke away and had a 3 on 2 with one spare player to the left and right, he passes to neither and then fcuks it !!!!!

People need to stop looking at his past and actually watch him in a game because he does niche !

Incidently if he's such a great player, why are Spurs letting him go ?

I certainly don't have a preference for Defoe, I agree with what you say Alfie, Defoe is not the player he was, has a poor conversion rate etc etc. I hear you and this is backed up by the Spurs games I watch, barring I think it was Sunderland away if my memory serves me correctly (hit the post twice) he isn't a great player.

This is the reason you are letting him go. However, does Soldado have a much better conversion ratio, scoring ratio, assists? Is his all round play that much better? He plays a hell of a lot more minutes than Defoe and on current form does not provide a better return (penalties aside, he's great at that wink.png).

If Soldado carries on at the rate he is going he will not get to 26 premier league goals in this season and the next 2 unless you keep getting dodgy decisions! biggrin.png

YB

England striker Jermain Defoe does not believe thathis move from Tottenham to Major League Soccer side Toronto will harm his World Cup chances.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25723272

With Roy of the Rovers in charge, I should think everyone is in with a shout!

Edited by uptheos

Will Spurs loss be Arsenals gain....again? Baldini/Levy combo not exactly playing a blinder in the transfer market are they!

I'll think you'll have to expand rather a lot on this to get any kind of a Spurs supporters response. Please leave out the Lamela obsession because baring in mind he was bought to transition into the squad in a longer term capacity as you've been frequently told and possibly read from press releases i'm super bored with this one.

You'd also better leave out Paulinho, Erikson that are impressing with each game though both have copped nasty injuries, Capoue that that has impressed almost every time he's played, even out of position and yet has had a really nasty lay off due to ligament damage, Chiriches thats improving all the time but still adjusting to the league and Chadli who's been injured too much to be judged. Nearly all have done well only to get crocked which is simply down to piss poor luck. Holty cost 1.5m so who gives a <deleted>?......

Guess that leaves Soldado who's been a big disappointment.....you really are sounding desperate to create a sh1tstorm and frankly yet again rather OBSESSED!!!!!!!!!!facepalm.gif

btw, due you really want to be taken seriously when you are calling judgement on Baldini when he's been in the jod for only six months.

Look forward to hearing from you later and maybe you would like to also discuss Levy's purchase to Hugo Lloris and Jan Vertonghen that have clearly massively under achieved since their arrival.

5 out of 10 Ups, you'll have to do better than this....Alfie wouldn't even bother to sign in to respond.

Will Spurs loss be Arsenals gain....again? Baldini/Levy combo not exactly playing a blinder in the transfer market are they!

I'll think you'll have to expand rather a lot on this to get any kind of a Spurs supporters response. Please leave out the Lamela obsession because baring in mind he was bought to transition into the squad in a longer term capacity as you've been frequently told and possibly read from press releases i'm super bored with this one.

You'd also better leave out Paulinho, Erikson that are impressing with each game though both have copped nasty injuries, Capoue that that has impressed almost every time he's played, even out of position and yet has had a really nasty lay off due to ligament damage, Chiriches thats improving all the time but still adjusting to the league and Chadli who's been injured too much to be judged. Nearly all have done well only to get crocked which is simply down to piss poor luck. Holty cost 1.5m so who gives a <deleted>?......

Guess that leaves Soldado who's been a big disappointment.....you really are sounding desperate to create a sh1tstorm and frankly yet again rather OBSESSED!!!!!!!!!!facepalm.gif

btw, due you really want to be taken seriously when you are calling judgement on Baldini when he's been in the jod for only six months.

Look forward to hearing from you later and maybe you would like to also discuss Levy's purchase to Hugo Lloris and Jan Vertonghen that have clearly massively under achieved since their arrival.

5 out of 10 Ups, you'll have to do better than this....Alfie wouldn't even bother to sign in to respond.

Oh dear, get some coffee and a bun.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Hi Carms...to expand. Bale to RM = Ozil to the Arse. Holtby to Shalke = Draxler to the Arse. Clearer now?

No not at all. Ups just keeps making a continued string of stupid comments on here without doing an once of homework or giving any thought to what he writes. Maybe its because its the morning but i'm finding the little snipes rather irritatingrolleyes.gif

You seem to be musing on a completely different subject.whistling.gif

Hi Carms...to expand. Bale to RM = Ozil to the Arse. Holtby to Shalke = Draxler to the Arse. Clearer now?

No not at all. Ups just keeps making a continued string of stupid comments on here without doing an once of homework or giving any thought to what he writes. Maybe its because its the morning but i'm finding the little snipes rather irritatingrolleyes.gif

You seem to be musing on a completely different subject.whistling.gif

What this?

Holtby to leave Spurs after less than a year as boss Sherwood rings the changes

http://www.dailymail...gs-changes.html

It's a bloody newspaper article <deleted>!! I'll ask the writers of such articles to be more aware of your sensitivity.

I never said anything at all this morning and for some unearthly reason I got a score of 5/10 for something, though from your reaction to my saying nothing 10/10 might have been more appropriate. I have no idea what alfie signing in has to do with anything, I'm beginning to think you're losing the plot mate, take it easy.

And anyway regarding Holtby he IS leaving according to The Guardian, Telegraph et al. He's not good enough, never was and I think Sherwood is doing Spurs a BIG favour by tossing him out.

• Like 1

Troll away chaps....we are clearing the way for a huge signing! biggrin.png

I think Sherwood will be looking for reinforcements. Defoe has gone, Soldado hasn't done anything and looks lost and Adebayor whilst he can be good, is also unpredictable........so a good forward wouldn't go amiss. I doubt if Levy will want to shell out any extra money, especially after seeing how the Bale money was frittered away. The trouble is who wants to buy players who simply aren't doing it, so where's the money coming from? I recall during the Bale saga, a lot of talk on this thread about there being loads of money over and above whatever Bale brought in, I guess now would be the time to spend it while Spurs are still in a good position.

Bloody hell...looks like I missed the fun. Still, don't have to do another HomePro trip till after I get back from UK!!! IMO Spurs should keep Holtby for rest of the season to avoid strengthening Arse this window. If Shalke don't get him back, I cant see them letting Draxler go until the Summer.

And a Cheryl modding the footie forum? They'll have women refs next 55555

Edited by wilai

Bloody hell...looks like I missed the fun. Still, don't have to do another HomePro trip till after I get back from UK!!! IMO Spurs should keep Holtby for rest of the season to avoid strengthening Arse this window. If Shalke don't get him back, I cant see them letting Draxler go until the Summer.

I think Holtby will go back to Schalke as part of their repair preparation for Draxler's departure, to wherever. It's quite obvious he's finished at WHL, never been good enough at that level, so he might as well move back home.

Draxler has an uncommitted clause that he can leave in the summer for 45.5 Million although his contract is til 2018.

If Arsenal came along with a bid a little higher right now, Schalke would really be better off to let him go.

Teaming up with Ozil would be tempting for Draxler and great for gunners supporters, but I feel for the Schalke fans.

I think Holtby will go back to Schalke as part of their repair preparation for Draxler's departure, to wherever. It's quite obvious he's finished at WHL, never been good enough at that level, so he might as well move back home.

Draxler has an uncommitted clause that he can leave in the summer for 45.5 Million although his contract is til 2018.

If Arsenal came along with a bid a little higher right now, Schalke would really be better off to let him go.

Teaming up with Ozil would be tempting for Draxler and great for gunners supporters, but I feel for the Schalke fans.

You mean something like 45.5m + £1

You mean something like 45.5m + £1

biggrin.png An uncommitted clause means he can leave in summer for 45.5 no strings attached. To sell him now they might be able to do a bit of dealing, with whoever wants to buy him.

There's no question that if Holtby gets transferred instead of loaned, Spurs will have done a good bit of business and will make a substantial profit on a player who hasn't improved one iota since his arrival.

Edited by uptheos

Looks like Levy has upped his game....or the DM are stalking me!55555

"Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is set to veto Lewis Holtby's move to Schalke - because he doesn't want to help Arsenal land Julian Draxler by providing the Germans with the midfielder's replacement.

Full story: Daily Mirror"

Looks like Levy has upped his game....or the DM are stalking me!55555

"Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is set to veto Lewis Holtby's move to Schalke - because he doesn't want to help Arsenal land Julian Draxler by providing the Germans with the midfielder's replacement.

Full story: Daily Mirror"

You really must stop reading the Beano laugh.png

• Like 1