Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Lloris

Walker Vertonghen Kaboul Rose

Lennon Paulinho Dembele Townsend

Eriksen

Adebayor

Good side but i think we would need a holding mid and i would ditch Townsend, switch maybe Eriksen over and bring in Capoue for a 4231. (Obviously Kaboul right side Vertonghen left.)

Tough one this is. Needs a lot more thought in dealing with their attacking mid and the dog average Negredo!biggrin.png

I'm not trying to be big headed here but I would hate to be a team currently trying to figure out how to stop our front men. At the moment they all tend to be given a free role and swap over from the middle to either of the wings, at will. Man marking and a rigid back four won't work, so IMO players who may not be your best choice in certain positions but who are more flexible in changing positions, may be the best way to go.

Keep your reverse/double tittle tattle psychology off our thread an all mrboj! biggrin.png

Revenge.......!!

Lloris

Walker Vertonghen Kaboul Rose

Lennon Paulinho Dembele Townsend

Eriksen

Adebayor

Good side but i think we would need a holding mid and i would ditch Townsend, switch maybe Eriksen over and bring in Capoue for a 4231. (Obviously Kaboul right side Vertonghen left.)

Tough one this is. Needs a lot more thought in dealing with their attacking mid and the dog average Negredo!biggrin.png

Much as I am a Danny Rose fan, I would be worried playing him against city.

This would be my first choice starting 11 if the whole squad were fit,

the reality is that Vertonghen, Kaboul, Townsend and Paulinho haven't played

for some time now.

If reports coming through are true, then some of them are back in training, but whether

they would be risked to play against Man City is another question.

Hopefully Vertonghen will be fit enough to replace Chiriches from the team that started against Swansea, otherwise it'll be the same team that started me thinks.

Wow talk about obsessed, nothing much about the Spurs game but three threads directed to me. laugh.png Did you sleep?

Whether you want me here or not isn't your decision and if you think your insults will drive me away then you need to think again. I'll be here as often as I like and comment on any aspect of the Spurs team that I please. You're not in charge of this thread or its content though I'm sure that's how you think.

Regarding TS I think he's made AVB and all AVB's fans look rather silly, before yesterday's game 7% conversion rate under AVB but 24% under TS. Now he's playing Soldadud in his best position it's getting even better isn't it?

Repeatedly referring to our players as '<deleted>" Constantly taking digs looking for a rise. starts whining when its thrown back. You reap what you sow Mr Ups....Troll jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

I do not refer to your 'players' as <deleted>, My reference has been mainly to Soldadud, who I do think is absolute crap and a total waste of money. Goodness knows what the situation is with Lamela and why he can't do anything, the kid must feel like he's landed in a Salvador Dali painting and not sure which section he should be in! Several of the other players that were brought in are very sub standard, will leave and you know it. Overall, I would say that the money received for one of the worlds best players has been to the most part, totally wasted, but maybe Spurs have another 80 Million in reserve. You are most welcome to use the wanke_r sign any time you choose, it's a standard TV emocion for a reason, so here's to you big jerk.gif

• Like 2

Wow talk about obsessed, nothing much about the Spurs game but three threads directed to me. laugh.png Did you sleep?

Whether you want me here or not isn't your decision and if you think your insults will drive me away then you need to think again. I'll be here as often as I like and comment on any aspect of the Spurs team that I please. You're not in charge of this thread or its content though I'm sure that's how you think.

Regarding TS I think he's made AVB and all AVB's fans look rather silly, before yesterday's game 7% conversion rate under AVB but 24% under TS. Now he's playing Soldadud in his best position it's getting even better isn't it?

Repeatedly referring to our players as '<deleted>" Constantly taking digs looking for a rise. starts whining when its thrown back. You reap what you sow Mr Ups....Troll jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

I do not refer to your 'players' as <deleted>, My reference has been mainly to Soldadud, who I do think is absolute crap and a total waste of money. Goodness knows what the situation is with Lamela and why he can't do anything, the kid must feel like he's landed in a Salvador Dali painting and not sure which section he should be in! Several of the other players that were brought in are very sub standard, will leave and you know it. Overall, I would say that the money received for one of the worlds best players has been to the most part, totally wasted, but maybe Spurs have another 80 Million in reserve. You are most welcome to use the wanke_r sign any time you choose, it's a standard TV emocion for a reason, so here's to you big jerk.gif

1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif TROLL

btw, there is no emoticon on here that refers to the "w*nker" sign and frankly, if you think you've been insulted then all i can say is you must have led a magnificently sheltered life.

All players will leave at some stage so can you put some names and a time frame on this ? actually its quite ironic that the 2 players you have a pop at most will certainly not be leaving any time soon !!!

Edited by alfieconn

All players will leave at some stage so can you put some names and a time frame on this ? actually its quite ironic that the 2 players you have a pop at most will certainly not be leaving any time soon !!!

Soldado's going to play second fiddle to Adebayor as long as we play a lone striker as he's in form and his games made for it. Works well for us because it also allows Soldado a rest and takes to immediate pressure off.

Sherwood certainly seems confident he'll regain his form and thats the rational view, and another example of the massive bonus we have having Adebayor back. Mindyou, even if sold ado was in top form i'd still play Adebayor in the lone striker role.

Apparently according to any and all reports coming out of the club Lamela is being handled entirely as was intended.

don't bother with logic in this Alfie, you're flogging a dead horse. Some on here will only believe want they want to believe despite logic or anything else. Tabloid educated armchair fans

Edited by carmine

Of course they will alfie and of course I can't put a time frame on it, but it will be a lot sooner than anyone thought when they were brought in. Maybe the two players brought in that I have 'a pop at' won't leave soon, no club wants to admit after 6 months that they've wasted nearly 60 million quid on two players. Soldadud can sit on the bench it's a good spot for him, but I think Lamela should either play or go somewhere that he can.

Arsenal will buy them, ten mill the pair seems fair. Wenger would probably get the best out of them, and you could always put in a sell on clause so you don't lose too much money.

Wenger might well be able to get the best out of them but i doubt they are young enough for himcheesy.gif

Ossie Ardiles involved in car accident in Falkland Islands

Ex-Tottenham midfielder Ossie Ardiles has been involved in a car accident in the Falkland Islands, according to South Atlantic
Ardiles, 61, was believed to have been driving, with fellow ex-Argentina midfielder Ricky Villa a passenger.

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25823043

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-01-21

Arsenal will buy them, ten mill the pair seems fair. Wenger would probably get the best out of them, and you could always put in a sell on clause so you don't lose too much money.

Wenger might well be able to get the best out of them but i doubt they are young enough for himcheesy.gif

Flamini got a two year contract if that's what you're implying. If you're implying anything else, then shame on you carmine, I expect better.

Ossie Ardiles involved in car accident in Falkland Islands

Ex-Tottenham midfielder Ossie Ardiles has been involved in a car accident in the Falkland Islands, according to South Atlantic

Ardiles, 61, was believed to have been driving, with fellow ex-Argentina midfielder Ricky Villa a passenger.

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25823043

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2014-01-21

Caaaalm down, they're alright....

The former Tottenham player and manager needed 20 stitches in his head following the smash in the Falkland Islands.

The 61-year-old superstar was filming a documentary with former teammate Ricky Villa at the time of the accident.

The Argentinian pair had arrived in the Falkland Islands on Saturday to make a documentary about how the 1984 war affected their careers.

They were driving on the road from Darwin to Stanley when their vehicle overturned after Ardiles swerved to avoid a sheep.

The pair were airlifted by the RAF to the King Edward Memorial Hospital in Stanley.

Villa is not believed to have been injured in Monday night’s accident.

Of course they will alfie and of course I can't put a time frame on it, but it will be a lot sooner than anyone thought when they were brought in. Maybe the two players brought in that I have 'a pop at' won't leave soon, no club wants to admit after 6 months that they've wasted nearly 60 million quid on two players. Soldadud can sit on the bench it's a good spot for him, but I think Lamela should either play or go somewhere that he can.

Ups mate. Soldado was on the bench on Sunday. Lamela is injured. TS has implied they are both in his future plans. Not sure what else needs to be said. It is clear we are looking for a new striker. So that's all good!

It could be that Pandev is getting closer. I know nowt about him. Any opinions?

I doubt it ian, when asked about him the other day, Sherwood didn't even know what position he plays ( probaly tongue in cheek), but there again according to some posters on here Levy and Baldini buy all the players without even liasing with the manager, so you never know laugh.png

• Like 1

I doubt it ian, when asked about him the other day, Sherwood didn't even know what position he plays ( probaly tongue in cheek), but there again according to some posters on here Levy and Baldini buy all the players without even liasing with the manager, so you never know laugh.png

Not related to Bill is he? biggrin.png

PA25lg.gif

Journeyman striker who has been bouncing around to different clubs in Serie A for several years. How much of an upgrade on Soldado would he be ? If Spurs are really pursuing this guy its an indication they have lost a lot of confidence in Soldado. Were it me I'd look at a player with less years on him.

Journeyman striker who has been bouncing around to different clubs in Serie A for several years. How much of an upgrade on Soldado would he be ? If Spurs are really pursuing this guy its an indication they have lost a lot of confidence in Soldado. Were it me I'd look at a player with less years on him.

It's all irrevelent jells as Sherwood has already come out and said that he doesn't need another forward and even if we did it wouldn't be this guy !

Edited by alfieconn

My plan for Lamela ? Loan him out to Sunderland now. He can hook up with Poyet who speaks the same lingo and Spurs can see what he is capable of against EPL competition week in and week out. Poyet has recently been loading up on Argentines, so send him one more.

No sense in loaning him out to a club in Italy or Spain. He's already had pretty good success at Roma. See how he does with a bottom table club in the EPL and then a long term decision about his future becomes easier.

Off the top of my head 2 cents.coffee1.gif

My plan for Lamela ? Loan him out to Sunderland now. He can hook up with Poyet who speaks the same lingo and Spurs can see what he is capable of against EPL competition week in and week out. Poyet has recently been loading up on Argentines, so send him one more.

No sense in loaning him out to a club in Italy or Spain. He's already had pretty good success at Roma. See how he does with a bottom table club in the EPL and then a long term decision about his future becomes easier.

Thanks 46.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Thanks 46.gif

Glad to be of service Alfie.biggrin.png

We beat West Ham yesterday behind closed doors

"Younes Kaboul, Paulinho, Sandro and Jan Vertonghen all returned to action as a Spurs XI team beat West Ham 3-0 in a friendly at Upton Park on Thursday."

Match report well worth a read regarding our recovering injuries

Harry Kane scores 2 and has a further 2 disallowed.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/west-ham-0-3-spurs-xi-jan-23-report-230114/

Edited by iancnx