Tottenham Thread

chonabot

yep on the face of it levy's made some questionable decisions, graham being the pic 4 me. But slightly in his defence how many managerial appointments can prem clubs and chairman look back and say that worked out well ? not many as they nearly all end badly . As for sherwood going, yeah rightly or wrongly , ive always thought unless he got top 4 he was gone . As 4 levy going , not a chance in hell, he's already got a stake in the club and no doubt lewis when he croaks will leave him the rest. Family aint it?

Maybe Levy takes advice from the Daily Mail or Sunday Mail ?? ( I DOUBT it though more like the Independent) coffee1.gif

After the Tots get beat today Man Utd within striking distance !!!! biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

Is there Sunday League today?wink.png

Only joking BT.

I will be following the Spurs-Saints game closely.

Good Luck on Tuesday night btw.

thumbsup.gif

6 behind Arsenal, 2 and 5 above Everton and United.

Btw Woy, it's Lallana not Lamela. Better let the FA know cos another case of mistaken identity could be very embarrassing.

Townsend is the other bloke.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by P45Mustang

Terrific fightback. But why does it always need a half time rollocking? Man of the match Eriksen absolutely outstanding, 12m as opposed to 42mlaugh.png the team should be built around him

Roberto Soldado outstanding, showing fantastic touch. Despite the lack of goals i have no doubt he'll come good. Chadli gets better every time i see him and at 7m looks like he's going to work out well.

Special mention for Kyle Naughton who is a hopeless defender and a total liability. With Walker possibly in need of an operation its a scary prospect that he might have to start every game.

I am hoping that Lamela will actually be fit to play next season because we could do with him replacing Lennon on the right. is final ball is invariably rubbish and his form blows too hot and cold. Lets hope the new manager will get the best out of Lamela. Despite what "neutrals might say i'm already quite happy with our new arrivals.

Also thing that Capoue is going to be a really good signing and is probably a more reliable defensive mid than Sandro

Don't think we are back in the hunt yet for top four but if Arsenal go into free fall who knows, especially baring in mind we have on paper at least an newsier run in.

BTW Ups, Lamela has begun light training but is unlikely to feature again this season. You were also very impressed with Soldado i'd have thought.smile.png

• Like 1

Terrific fightback. But why does it always need a half time rollocking? Man of the match Eriksen absolutely outstanding, 12m as opposed to 42mlaugh.png the team should be built around him

Roberto Soldado outstanding, showing fantastic touch. Despite the lack of goals i have no doubt he'll come good. Chadli gets better every time i see him and at 7m looks like he's going to work out well.

Special mention for Kyle Naughton who is a hopeless defender and a total liability. With Walker possibly in need of an operation its a scary prospect that he might have to start every game.

I am hoping that Lamela will actually be fit to play next season because we could do with him replacing Lennon on the right. is final ball is invariably rubbish and his form blows too hot and cold. Lets hope the new manager will get the best out of Lamela. Despite what "neutrals might say i'm already quite happy with our new arrivals.

Also thing that Capoue is going to be a really good signing and is probably a more reliable defensive mid than Sandro

Don't think we are back in the hunt yet for top four but if Arsenal go into free fall who knows, especially baring in mind we have on paper at least an newsier run in.

BTW Ups, Lamela has begun light training but is unlikely to feature again this season. You were also very impressed with Soldado i'd have thought.smile.png

Eriksen has been very impressive and Soldado looked like a footballer for one of the few times.

What's up with Paulinho ? Falling out of favor with Sherwood ? Not fully fit ?

One swallow does not a summer make and it's still 2 goals in open play. wink.png

Some really nice touches by the dud and put himself about a lot, I though he looked a lot more confident and I certainly look forward to seeing him blasting them in next season. What do you think will happen in the upcoming games if Adebayor is fit?

Lamela will be fit enough to pass a medical in the summer I guess. biggrin.png

Erikson is really a bargain buy and will probably improve too, I like him very much quite talented.

Very good fight back, after those schoolboy errors I thought it was all over, but Spurs showed character. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

sensible move by t s to watch the game from the stand dont c why more managers dont do it, u get a far better veiw of the way thw games panning out from up there.

Soldado is a quality footballer, reminds me.of.that s/a utd.signed, quality, but tried and.tried but couldnt hit the net and didnt he go and win the golden boot with athletico? whats his name? anyway lets.just hope soldado can recover his composure in front of.goal FOR US. Naughtons a.liabilty, championship at best and needs 2 be gone

kabouls looking better with.each game and if ts gets their postioning right aka 2nd half.maybe,in him and verity.we have the making of a.decent pairing.

erikson what can u say, but class has 2 be tge 1 st on ts 's team sheet.

overall good 2 c a spurs team with a never say die attitude , thought.our second half display deserved the win, JUST, No doubts southampton.will be leaving feeling slightly hard.done by walking with nish.,

One swallow does not a summer make and it's still 2 goals in open play. wink.png

Some really nice touches by the dud and put himself about a lot, I though he looked a lot more confident and I certainly look forward to seeing him blasting them in next season. What do you think will happen in the upcoming games if Adebayor is fit?

Erikson is really a bargain buy and will probably improve too, I like him very much quite talented.

Very good fight back, after those schoolboy errors I thought it was all over, but Spurs showed character. thumbsup.gif

I think in a lone striker role Adebayor will always be first pick but of course we don't know how long he will want to play football. He could go AWOL at any moment!

I think the important thing will Soldado is he is showing the right character and professionalism to get through this very difficult loss of form. I hope so because Adebayor is not to be relied on.

If and its a big if, Lamela proves to be the player we thought then i see the return on our investment to be looking very good. Eriksen looks rather special at times and can only get better with age and premier league experience. He really should be played centrally where he's most effective and not stuck out on the left wing.

Naugton is utterly dreadful is all i can say but a fit back four of Walker Kaboul Vertonghen and Rose is good.

I think in a lone striker role Adebayor will always be first pick but of course we don't know how long he will want to play football. He could go AWOL at any moment!

I think the important thing will Soldado is he is showing the right character and professionalism to get through this very difficult loss of form. I hope so because Adebayor is not to be relied on.

If and its a big if, Lamela proves to be the player we thought then i see the return on our investment to be looking very good. Eriksen looks rather special at times and can only get better with age and premier league experience. He really should be played centrally where he's most effective and not stuck out on the left wing.

Naugton is utterly dreadful is all i can say but a fit back four of Walker Kaboul Vertonghen and Rose is good.

I didn't realise that he's only 22, certainly one of the best buys of the season.

I saw an interview with him, very level headed young man and I think he will continue to do well.

I think he's destined to have Robben's haircut by the time he's 25.

biggrin.png

The lad does look a bit thin on top. Cambiasso comes to mind, though then again, maybe he'll go the plug route like MrB.tongue.png

Rooney will put him right wink.png

Which players that will become available this summer do you think will improve the

current squad ?

There's already a lot of speculation regarding the addition of a striker, Lukaku, Benteke and Loic Remy

are being mentioned, but other teams will also be interested.

One player that has caught my eye, who has had a great season is Wilfried Bony at Swansea.

In defensive position, Jolien Lescott at Man City seems to be surplus to requirements, and so is

James Milner who can play out wide left.

Right now, we don't have an out and out left sided winger in the squad, Siggy, Chadli, Lennon, and Eriksen,

have all been used, but to no real effect, apart from Lennon, the other 3 all prefer to play more central.

If Lamela stays, he also prefers a central role or right wing.

I think we need to strengthen the left side of the team.

Thoughts?