Tottenham Thread

chonabot

In my mind we still have 2 strikers plus Kane.....if he bangs in 15 goals this season I will say well done to the lad but unproven to me and still quite a bit to step up.

Keep hearing how good he is but I must be missing it....mind you I wanted to sell Bale so.....errrrm....

no ones rejecting anything alfie. its all about opinions and imo options are essential and the more formations our manager has the better. there will be games when we will need 2 start with 2 upfront and games we start with 1 up front Personally i think having 2 senior strikers limits competitiveness And looking at what u call defensive mids, the distinction is blurred as.some now like and can do both so dividing them up is almost pointless. so plenty enuf room to have 3 senior strikers and a young development like kane, smokey no ones saying he's the finished article but he has potential and besides we need to be thinking about the homegrown quota.

Well IMHO, Pochettino's working with a Baldini Breakfast and if he ain't Loius van God or Special One....could be mid table at best.

Don't think so, got 5 th last year and logic points to this squad in its second year of being 'together' stepping up, no unknowns and arguably a more 'switched on' coach a c/b and maybe a bit more competition up front, i'de go remy and as i said b4 we'll compete at times with the top 4 but wont maintain it all season so 5/6 th ish imo maybe is a bout right, but going over and over old ground gets somewhat tiresome.

yeah no unknowns, barring the couple of signings from swansea, And I supposee an argument could be put 4 ward for lamella being an 'unknown', but the rest,we saw in patch's what they can do, IMO note IMO most will step up and perform more consistently this year.

Fair doos rijit.

Foundations looked flawed to me so cowboy repair wouldn't do it for me.

It may work out fine, but I am not confident.

Confidence,,,, ,, hmmm ,,,,,thats never been part of my------ 'supporting' Tottenham philosophy.

but persistently, we live with heart felt optimism.wai2.gif

• Like 1

I've had a few beers tbh.

But you have to ask yourself, what the proverbial is a goal diff of plus 4 all about?

More errors at the back last season than any other team in the Prem ( so don't have a laugh about Gerrard ) and as for sticking it in the net at the other end, you are having a laugh.

So Pochettino's got it all to do with Baldini's Breakfast.

Oy Vey.

José Mourinho: Tottenham are Premier League title contenders

Clearly he knows a lot more about football than the plonker P45. Trot off mustang before you get a spitfire up yer arse!

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2014/08/jose-mourinho-tottenham-are-premier-league-title-contenders/?

Yep. Mourinho knows a lot more than P45.

That's for sure.

He's also very capable when it comes to talking the talk.

decent first half. Dont care friendly or not holtby should have seen red, 2 footed ankle high of the ground tackle, shocking.

like the look of deir decent defender and kaboul looks not far short of where he was season b4 last selling him 4 7 mil would imo b a mistake but with defence currently availiable not so sure about us playing zonal in the prem could 2 easily b found out on x's . but all in all team held a decent shape and competed well, against, did i catch the commentator say the 3 rd ish best team

in germany?, saying that not so sure how near full strength they are?.second half would .ike to see vorm and a few others get some minutes. ..

Well impressed with Dier good solid young central defender, note defender not adventurous ball players like some of our other c/ds did all the simple things well, kept his position well, challenged effectively and got rid with minimum fuss, refreshing to see. Davies didn't offer much going 4 ward but looked defensively ok. Holtby looked busy and i'm sure will make a decent impression this season. good run out for all, and overall a reasonably fair result , though with a little more composure should have had 4 at least. And at 2-1 they could have come bac and nicked a draw at the end.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

José Mourinho: Tottenham are Premier League title contenders

Clearly he knows a lot more about football than the plonker P45. Trot off mustang before you get a spitfire up yer arse!

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2014/08/jose-mourinho-tottenham-are-premier-league-title-contenders/?

Hugely optimistic i'de have to say .

Yeah you're right, not too many Spitfires around these days.

• Like 1