Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Dont particulary like to say or even think it, but AT THE MOMENT their form is fit for relegation( 2 loss's off it ) and if they were dragged into it could you see them pulling out of it ?with the current squads mentality Think there's more a chance. of us

imploding.

• Like 1

Seeing his gormless grin at being booked yesterday turned my stomack....reminded me of the Grinch....no early Xmas presents from him either.

This farce is likely to continue until January at least.....I wonder how long until Lloris marches into Levy's office and says enough is enough.

Great isn't it. The players picked Kabul as caption and aside of the fact he doesn't seem to have a clue how to captain, as a player he's a complete liability. Dressing room popularity doesn't necessarily make a good captain. I doubt Keane was particularly likes but he sure as hell was respected.

Adebayor as vice captain is insane.

Right now, were nothing short of an embarrassment. I'm happy for Poch to get rid of 90% of them and rebuild from our youth regardless of anything. this lot are not fit to wear the shirt. Spineless pussies who don't even seem to know how to pass the ball anymore.

We have to keep the manager. Its not his fault. If Levy goes and takes it out on the manager again theres no hope for us. Personally, i would be delighted to see atleast 10 players put up for transfer and allow our manager to begin the transition of a new generation because right now were going nowhere.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

Dont particulary like to say or even think it, but AT THE MOMENT their form is fit for relegation( 2 loss's off it ) and if they were dragged into it could you see them pulling out of it ?with the current squads mentality Think there's more a chance. of us

imploding.

I honestly don't think you will get dragged into the relegation battle, but from what I've seen this season (every game) Spurs are just an 'average' team and will be for some time to come. There are no groups of players who have the ability to turn things around and make this team into anything better. Pochettino has the unenviable task in trying to achieve something with players that two previous managers failed. I don't feel sorry for him as I'm sure he knew that was his mission before he put pen to paper, but the bottom line is that squad just isn't good enough and I fear that's all he will have to work with unless he has a few aces up his sleeve.

• Like 1

imploding.

I honestly don't think you will get dragged into the relegation battle, but from what I've seen this season (every game) Spurs are just an 'average' team and will be for some time to come. There are no groups of players who have the ability to turn things around and make this team into anything better. Pochettino has the unenviable task in trying to achieve something with players that two previous managers failed. I don't feel sorry for him as I'm sure he knew that was his mission before he put pen to paper, but the bottom line is that squad just isn't good enough and I fear that's all he will have to work with unless he has a few aces up his sleeve.

Pochettino quoted today in "El Pais" as saying that drinking beer is a national sport in England. Laying the groundwork for an eventual return to Spain ? You have to wonder.coffee1.gif

imploding.

Pochettino quoted today in "El Pais" as saying that drinking beer is a national sport in England. Laying the groundwork for an eventual return to Spain ? You have to wonder.coffee1.gif

bit rich coming from a argentinian where the national pastime is munching on barbaques and downing copious amounts of beer !!

imploding.

yep i reckon there could be an element on his behalf of underestimated the job, one thing putting together a team at a club where there's limited expectations and squad size, but coaching at a club the size of spurs almost needs a second set of skills, bit like rodgers is finding out now at Liverpool.

imploding.

bit rich coming from a argentinian where the national pastime is munching on barbaques and downing copious amounts of beer !!

Wine Rijit, wine. Not that the locals don't throw back a beer from time to time, but its the wine, good wine...and cheap.thumbsup.gif

I've been back in Buenos Aires about six weeks. Here's a photo of some wine drinkers.

post-170460-0-65077500-1415656618_thumb.

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

Mrboj is ex SAS jellybean....you better watch it or he'll shove that Malbec where the sum don't shine....

I'm sure MrB is a wonderful fellow and holds no grudge against gallavanting Americans who have a taste for the vine and bosomy deep South Americans !

There's probably a hammock or two around these parts Smokie.thumbsup.gif

Mrboj is ex SAS jellybean....you better watch it or he'll shove that Malbec where the sum don't shine....

I'm sure MrB is a wonderful fellow and holds no grudge against gallavanting Americans who have a taste for the vine and bosomy deep South Americans !

Why wasn't I invited???

Why wasn't I invited???

Whenever you or other TVisa brethren are hankering for a long trip down just let me know. We'll roll out the red carpet.

Lots to do here !w00t.gif

Wine Rijit, wine. Not that the locals don't throw back a beer from time to time, but its the wine, good wine...and cheap.thumbsup.gif

I've been back in Buenos Aires about six weeks. Here's a photo of some wine drinkers.

yeah whatevers but the intent's the same, and maradonka's preferences went up his nose as opposed to down his throat whistling.gif

remember bac in 2000 in Brazil a g/fs argie mate over dinner one night said ure into football, i'm like yeah , she produced a pic of her and maradona knowing the s/a taste for pics with celebs i wasn't totally impressed, but she insisted she knew him from the clubs in b/a's and told me he'd eat a plate of cocaine b4 he went out at night and said she expected him dead soon, this was like WOW, cos everything wasnt out then, just a few mad interviews on argie tv . but there u go.

Take it your going to some games in Argentina, did you see many in thailand?

yeah whatevers but the intent's the same, and maradonka's preferences went up his nose as opposed to down his throat whistling.gif

remember bac in 2000 in Brazil a g/fs argie mate over dinner one night said ure into football, i'm like yeah , she produced a pic of her and maradona knowing the s/a taste for pics with celebs i wasn't totally impressed, but she insisted she knew him from the clubs in b/a's and told me he'd eat a plate of cocaine b4 he went out at night and said she expected him dead soon, this was like WOW, cos everything wasnt out then, just a few mad interviews on argie tv . but there u go.

Take it your going to some games in Argentina, did you see many in thailand?

Zero games in Thailand. Not yet here but the time will come.

Well, the girl you know wasn't far off. Maradona probably ought to be dead. He came very close.

As big a jackass as Maradona can be he can also be hugely entertaining. He's just nuts is all, sometimes good nuts...sometimes bad nuts.

Tottenham afraid to play at home - Emmanuel Adebayor

The negative atmosphere created by Tottenham's fans at their White Hart Lane home is damaging the players' confidence, says Emmanuel Adebayor.

Spurs were booed during and after Sunday's Jump media player

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino calls for 'mentality change'

Adebayor added: "Will it help playing away from home? To be honest, I think so.

"And I am not just talking about me, I am speaking on behalf of all the players.

"When you are playing at home and your own fans start booing you after a few minutes then it is harder.

"It is like going through a sad moment and your family not welcoming you home - that's the worst thing ever because you have nowhere to go."

Adebayor has started nine of Tottenham's first 11 league games this season, scoring in the 4-0 home win over QPR on 24 August and the 2-1 home defeat by Newcastle on 26 October.

"I was on the bench against Stoke and I could see that nobody wanted the ball," continued Adebayor, who came on midway through the second half.

"It's hard for the players. It's not their fault and it's not the fans' fault either because the fans want to see a result, the fans want to see a response."

There was a nervous atmosphere from the start against Stoke at White Hart Lane on Sunday and the fans were quick to vent their frustrations after Bojan Krkic gave the visitors an early lead.

But Adebayor insisted manager Mauricio Pochettino, appointed in May, is not to blame for the club's poor form.

"This is the third or fourth manager in two or three years so we just have to stop it now being about the manager," said the ex-Arsenal, Manchester City and Real Madrid forward.

"He's a good manager and we just have to find a way so that we can try to understand what he wants to tell us and how he wants us to play and put that on the pitch."

"He's a good manager and we just have to find a way so that we can try to understand what he wants to tell us and how he wants us to play and put that on the pitch."

I'm sure Lamela and Soldado understand him, maybe they can translate?

• Like 2

Tottenham afraid to play at home - Emmanuel Adebayor

The negative atmosphere created by Tottenham's fans at their White Hart Lane home is damaging the players' confidence, says Emmanuel Adebayor.

Spurs were booed during and after Sunday's Jump media player

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino calls for 'mentality change'

Adebayor added: "Will it help playing away from home? To be honest, I think so.

"And I am not just talking about me, I am speaking on behalf of all the players.

"When you are playing at home and your own fans start booing you after a few minutes then it is harder.

"It is like going through a sad moment and your family not welcoming you home - that's the worst thing ever because you have nowhere to go."

Adebayor has started nine of Tottenham's first 11 league games this season, scoring in the 4-0 home win over QPR on 24 August and the 2-1 home defeat by Newcastle on 26 October.

"I was on the bench against Stoke and I could see that nobody wanted the ball," continued Adebayor, who came on midway through the second half.

"It's hard for the players. It's not their fault and it's not the fans' fault either because the fans want to see a result, the fans want to see a response."

There was a nervous atmosphere from the start against Stoke at White Hart Lane on Sunday and the fans were quick to vent their frustrations after Bojan Krkic gave the visitors an early lead.

But Adebayor insisted manager Mauricio Pochettino, appointed in May, is not to blame for the club's poor form.

"This is the third or fourth manager in two or three years so we just have to stop it now being about the manager," said the ex-Arsenal, Manchester City and Real Madrid forward.

Adebayor is an absolute d*ckhead. The sooner he's sold the better. Perhaps the rest of the team should just grow a pair or <deleted> off.

Vertonghen can go now for all care. He personifies the player thats just there for the wages waiting for a better offer.

• Like 1

No need need Ups. Pochettino speaks perfectly good English, but thats not enough if the playing staff are a bunch of slack jawed limp wristed cowards.

You would think that recent comments by Keane ridiculing the Tottenham player mentality would have acted as huge motivation to prove him wrong but all its done is prove him 100% correct.

Edited by carmine

No need need Ups. Pochettino speaks perfectly good English, but thats not enough if the playing staff are a bunch of slack jawed limp wristed cowards.

You would think that recent comments by Keane ridiculing the Tottenham player mentality would have acted as huge motivation to prove him wrong but all its done is prove him 100% correct.

Strange that the Southampton players understood him and managed to play how he wanted !

• Like 1

SIRS

After watching the match on Sunday, Stoke city seem to be making good progress under Mark Hughes,and made Spurs look like a pub team, i would be very worried at this situation.The team looked spineless and no committment, Stoke City, were up for the task and had WINNERS in their team.

SIRS

After watching the match on Sunday, Stoke city seem to be making good progress under Mark Hughes,and made Spurs look like a pub team, i would be very worried at this situation.The team looked spineless and no committment, Stoke City, were up for the task and had WINNERS in their team.

No sh1t, Sherlock!

Oh dear, and it seems the Boos are the only time your timid fans make any noise.

http://talksport.com/football/premier-leagues-loudest-fans-top-10-noisiest-supporters-ranked-decibel-level-141103122428

I saw that Talksport piece and decided immediately you'd have to be in a fit of desperation to post it!!

I see the Gooners are as usual very noisy at this stage of the season once again turning on Wenger. You must be very proud of them mate. biggrin.png

SIRS

also, at an average height of six foot two and a half, the tallest team around. n.b. this is with peter crouch in the starting XI rather than bojan.

Spurs need a new manager. Now what was that sequence? Cockney wide boy, promising foreigner, cockney wide boy, promising foreigner..... ah, yes you're due a cockney wide boy. Alan Pardew will be your next manager.

The last thing we need is a new manager. Why don't you sit down and watch one of our games before posting nonsense.

What we need is new players that have a winners mentality. This lot are hopeless journeymen that include some rotten apples such as Adebayor and Vertonghen.

Pochettino was picked as the right man for the job and nothing has changed.