Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Sometimes it is nice to see a club spunk 100 million quid away, brings the reality back in football.

yawn, yawn! Go away Bernard you bore. Go and stack some shelves or whatever your day job is.laugh.png

Thought it was only 4 million net cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Sometimes it is nice to see a club spunk 100 million quid away, brings the reality back in football.

yawn, yawn! Go away Bernard you bore. Go and stack some shelves or whatever your day job is.laugh.png

I dont work, i am rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes people rarely go around talking about itwink.png

Run along Bernard.

I see Archway Sheet Metal Works is ablaze whistling.gif

Obviously a case of patience wearing thin.....

wink.png

I really cant see it being the club , but a drunk fan ,,, who knows,, not that i've looked very hard but havnt seen any info on the cause...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Looks like we could have 2 factions within the group, young uns and old uns , I know who I'm with !

Get rid of the old guard, go with the youngsters and the owners to give their full backing publicly for the manager.

We simply don't need the spineless journeymen that infest our dressing room and we cannot move on until their losers culture is gotten rid off.

• Like 1

After yet another dissmal display by nearly all the team Poch needs to start thinking whether

they actually want to play for him.

The only players today that looked like they wanted to play were Mason, Kane and Chadli, everyone

else just didn't show up, couldn't even put 3 passes together without losing the ball.

On this seasons performances so far, i'm starting to think that there's something else wrong behind the scenes

at WHL, these players just don't look like a team to me.

More like do they actually want to play for anyone as with the exception of Fazio they were all just as bad under AVB and Sherwood.

I don't see really see how anyone can blame Poch, he obviously has them playing a certain way in training and if they can't replicate that on the pitch who's fault is that ? who's fault is it when a player can't pass the ball 10 yards to a team mate ? the manager can only influence so much and once they get out on the pitch it's up to the players to make the correct decisions and unfortunately a lot of the time they are making the wrong decisions !

I get the feeling that there is not a lot of team harmony and I could quite imagine everyone moaning about everyone else which would go back to not have any real leaders thus no one to stand up and say what they really think !

While we are on the subject of leaders I always have a good laugh at Kaboul, he seems to want to show everyone that he is captain but goes about it completely the wrong way !

If what iv'e read is true then great news ! young Harry has stood up and said what he thinks and apparently some of the senior players didn't like it.

This all bodes well for the future :

A. Perhaps senior players moving on.

B. Proves that the youngsters have character and are an integral part of the squad.

Home grown players IHO always seem to give a bit more than bought players and if you have 4 or 5 in the squad that's all good, so with the likes of Harry, Nabil, Mason, Townsend (although not my favourite) plus others bought in at a young age such as Walker, Dier,Rose, then things are looking rosy for the future !

Police investigate fire at firm involved in dispute with Tottenham

Police have launched an investigation and are treating the fire that gutted the offices of a firm involved in a development dispute with Tottenham Hotspur as "suspicious".

Firefighters were called to the blaze at Archway Sheet Metal Works, on Paxton Road, just yards from Spurs' White Hart Lane ground at around 5am on Tuesday.

London Fire Brigade said six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers worked to bring the fire under control and there were no reports of any injuries.

"An investigation has been launched into the cause of the fire," a Scotland Yard spokesman said. "At this early stage the fire is being treated as suspicious."

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9580596/police-investigate-fire-at-firm-involved-in-dispute-with-tottenham

Police investigate fire at firm involved in dispute with Tottenham

Police have launched an investigation and are treating the fire that gutted the offices of a firm involved in a development dispute with Tottenham Hotspur as "suspicious".

Firefighters were called to the blaze at Archway Sheet Metal Works, on Paxton Road, just yards from Spurs' White Hart Lane ground at around 5am on Tuesday.

London Fire Brigade said six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers worked to bring the fire under control and there were no reports of any injuries.

"An investigation has been launched into the cause of the fire," a Scotland Yard spokesman said. "At this early stage the fire is being treated as suspicious."

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9580596/police-investigate-fire-at-firm-involved-in-dispute-with-tottenham

Smokie seems like an obvious suspect.w00t.gif

• Like 2

Another excellent performance by Vertonghen at the heart of the Spurs defense!!! Absolutely not a center back that lad!! laugh.png

Still want to sell him mindyou. Along with the rotten apples, Adebayor, Kaboul and Lennon, despite him having one of his rare good games.

High time for Levy to allow Poch to get rid of the "senior" players and start building on our very promising youngsters.

Verity, had a good game,,really fuc knows what a bad game looks like:D thought they highlighted him as a weakness and when they broke ran and broke past and through him . But in fairness our mids didnt exactly cover thwmselves in defensive glory but there you go.

IMO NOTE IMO not the most convincng of performances defensively but still a win and it sets us up to challenge for seeding though if they produce similar form besiktas will put that defense to the

sword. Oh Nice to see a yung un get a.debut.

Verity, had a good game,,really fuc knows what a bad game looks like:D thought they highlighted him as a weakness and when they broke ran and broke past and through him . But in fairness our mids didnt exactly cover thwmselves in defensive glory but there you go.

IMO NOTE IMO not the most convincng of performances defensively but still a win and it sets us up to challenge for seeding though if they produce similar form besiktas will put that defense to the

sword. Oh Nice to see a yung un get a.debut.

Don't know what papers you read but the press thought he was the backbone of our defense! Out on your own again Rij! rolleyes.gif

You do amuse me!

• Like 1

Just so people understand when they keep talking about how much money we've spent :

Summer 2013 Net Spend
Created with Highcharts 3.0.7Manchester City - £86mChelsea - £60.7mSouthampton - £37.5mArsenal - £32.4mManchester United - £28.9mCardiff City - £25.1mWest Ham United - £21.5mNorwich City - £20.97mLiverpool - £19.3mSwansea City - £19.25mCrystal Palace - £16.6mAston Villa - £16.5mEverton - £12.5mHull City - £9.95mWest Bromwich Albion - £9.5mFulham - £8.03mSunderland - £7.38mStoke City - £5mNewcastle United - £-1.1mTottenham - £-3.08m

Talking about how little money you spent Alfie or justifying how shit your buys where? 85 Million whistling.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gif

I don't see how balancing the books makes any difference. If you spend money then you spend money and you are expected to get value for that money. Unless you own City or Chelsea, for them it is just like throwing enough shit at a wall

Strange you know, last season we bought 7 new players in and all through the season they constantly got slated, crap, waste of money, why are they not playing, etc etc, now Liverpool bring in 7 new players of which only one played yesterday and hardly a dickie bird is said about it, no slating no nothing, perhaps someone could explain why !!!!

Just so people understand when they keep talking about how much money we've spent :

Summer 2013 Net Spend
Created with Highcharts 3.0.7Manchester City - £86mChelsea - £60.7mSouthampton - £37.5mArsenal - £32.4mManchester United - £28.9mCardiff City - £25.1mWest Ham United - £21.5mNorwich City - £20.97mLiverpool - £19.3mSwansea City - £19.25mCrystal Palace - £16.6mAston Villa - £16.5mEverton - £12.5mHull City - £9.95mWest Bromwich Albion - £9.5mFulham - £8.03mSunderland - £7.38mStoke City - £5mNewcastle United - £-1.1mTottenham - £-3.08m

Talking about how little money you spent Alfie or justifying how shit your buys where? 85 Million whistling.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gif

I don't see how balancing the books makes any difference. If you spend money then you spend money and you are expected to get value for that money. Unless you own City or Chelsea, for them it is just like throwing enough shit at a wall

Strange you know, last season we bought 7 new players in and all through the season they constantly got slated, crap, waste of money, why are they not playing, etc etc, now Liverpool bring in 7 new players of which only one played yesterday and hardly a dickie bird is said about it, no slating no nothing, perhaps someone could explain why !!!!

Thanks Alfie.

Thoroughly enjoyable game, well done to everton and martinez for their part, big up to the team, for once an impressive defensive performance, yes even verity rolleyes.gif, the whole team chased and harried, overall a really deserved win. So pleased for soldado, lets hope he can step on and up.

So Lennon starts the last two matches and we win them both,

funny that, is it just a coincidence?

Or is it that he offers a better balance to the team, he even gave the assist for

Soldado to score, as he did last week when Ericksen scored.

Not to mention his tireless tracking to stop Baines from pressing upfield,

and helping out Chiriches.

I missed the game....how was it?

You won.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.tongue.png

Chit on a stick....we've won quite a few this season.

Did we play any good football?

I mean any....and yes I saw Soldado's celebration....bit OTT for a striker who ain't scored since March....but at least it wasn't languid.

Yes we played well, probably not our best result but arguably our best performance of the season, centrebacs at last have the look of making a decent partnership, ,benteleb and mason pressed, harried and protected well, kane dropped into midfield to cover and ran forward tirelessly , and lennon probed well seems at last to be fitting into potts way. overall,,,, all good.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Tottenham where the better team ,pressed well ,countered when on the back foot,all told they were the better team ...Deserved win after going a goal down ...Contrary to Idjits post above I can understand the celebration with Soldados' goal ...shame he can't.

Edit

Idjit has edited his Soldado ribbing 4fs

Edited by kurtramsbottom

Or is it that he offers a better balance to the team, he even gave the assist for

Seems atm its either lennon or lamella 2 start on the rhs, personally i prefer lennon. Wonder how long it'll be b4 walkers bac.cant be that far away. Oh and although not there yet , but davies is improving with each game.

Industrious I think is the word for Lennon yesterday, but he is playing as an attacking midfielder so should be more productive in the final third !

Yes we played well, probably not our best result but arguably our best performance of the season, centrebacs at last have the look of making a decent partnership, ,benteleb and mason pressed, harried and protected well, kane dropped into midfield to cover and ran forward tirelessly , and lennon probed well seems at last to be fitting into potts way. overall,,,, all good.

Oh Rij just say Vertonghen was crap again, were all used to you talking rubbish about him and i do like you when you run off on your little tangents.coffee1.gif

btw, Mason was not assured at all and kept giving the ball away. Not impressed at all with his ball retention. Bentaleb, on the other hand was excellent throughout.

Chiriches needs to go, he's not good enough.

All in all an ok performance given we showed some fight and dug deep. Worrying how much possession Everton had, especially in the earlier stages of both halves, and in fairness i thought us a little lucky to take the three points but who cares and we''l see where we really are on wednesday night and i'm not looking forward to it.

Industrious I think is the word for Lennon yesterday, but he is playing as an attacking midfielder so should be more productive in the final third !

Well, he broke forward whenever he could and provided Soldado's goal.

Most of his game yesterday was defending against the everton left sided players

to help out Chiriches, something that Lamela needs to add to his game.

Overall, Lennon and Kane have been our best players the last three game, they

understand that you need to put a shift in to get anything in the EPL.

I'm hoping Poch retains Lennon in his starting matches and soon will have Walker back

to link up with him.