Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Great three points and a little fortuitous. This defense really worries me. Its calamitous at times.

It will be nice to get a week off because six games in the last seventeen days takes its toll.

Don't know what the rest of you think but Chadli looks to me like he needs a rest.

Against such an uninspiring United side i'd be very optimistic going to Old Trafford again but with this defense of ours we look so vulnerable under pressure.

Its a huge game next week and a must win i think for both sides. Presumably they will be pumping long balls into Fellaini so our center backs will have a busy afternoon and i never thought i'd be saying this but Ashley Young looks the biggest threat.

Atleast if United win Mr Ed will start posting again w00t.gif

but will be quite surprised if the prem were to finish any diferent from below , the goal difference, imo is the major clue, but we live in hope

No movement 1 Chelsea 27 35 63 No movement 2 Man City 28 32 58 No movement 3 Arsenal 28 23 54 No movement 4 Man Utd 28 21 53 No movement 5 Liverpool 28 12 51 Moving up 6 Tottenham 28 7 50 Moving down 7 Southampton 28 19 49

With 10 games to go rij, i think Liverpool and Tottenham have the easier run in and will be

the main challengers for that 4th spot.

Man utd have some difficult games to play and think they will struggle to stay where they are at the mo. Unless some of their superstars start to turn it on which they haven't really done all season.

thing is with utd they've been playing poorly and still turning in the results and keeping in touch with the rop 4. its hardly inconceivable given their dearth of attacking talent, that they actually.start to play well and then what happens?

,As for chadly carms, yeah he's started to look a touch jaded but still reckon there's more in his locker to come, for me he's almost unrecognisable to the player that arrived. he looked a whole lot leaner post pre season and since then his work rate looks like its sky rocketed. next to kane could he be

the best finisher at the club? probably, that and our defense could explain why were not still in any cups or the top four? any way , thank the f for Hugo....:blink:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

thing is with utd they've been playing poorly and still turning in the results and keeping in touch with the rop 4. its hardly inconceivable given their dearth of attacking talent, that they actually.start to play well and then what happens?

,As for chadly carms, yeah he's started to look a touch jaded but still reckon there's more in his locker to come, for me he's almost unrecognisable to the player that arrived. he looked a whole lot leaner post pre season and since then his work rate looks like its sky rocketed. next to kane could he be

the best finisher at the club? probably, that and our defense could explain why were not still in any cups or the top four? any way , thank the f for Hugo....blink.png

Yes, 18m for Eriksen and Chadli as opposed to 42m paid by those mugs up the road for Ozil!!

It does seem that Chablis' really bought into Pochettino's philosophy because as you say, he's unrecognizable from last season. And yes, i too reckon he's the next best finisher.

I still harp on back to the defense again. I thought that Dier and Vertonghen were particularly poor at QPR and i don't see where in Davies theres a 10m player. Potation has got to tighten things up for us to maintain a top four charge

Another one for bobby boy that's crossed my mind, how comes that when we supposedly lose money on players we have

"Spunked a 100 million on Sh-ite league for 2013/14 "

as you so nicely put it

but when you lose money on players it's

If you look at those 3 players you have mentioned we probably didn't lose anything in accounting terms.

Not that I will get an answer of course biggrin.png

That sums up most of the scousers biggrin.png

the best finisher at the club? probably, that and our defense could explain why were not still in any cups or the top four? any way , thank the f for Hugo....blink.png

Yes, 18m for Eriksen and Chadli as opposed to 42m paid by those mugs up the road for Ozil!!

It does seem that Chablis' really bought into Pochettino's philosophy because as you say, he's unrecognizable from last season. And yes, i too reckon he's the next best finisher.

I still harp on back to the defense again. I thought that Dier and Vertonghen were particularly poor at QPR and i don't see where in Davies theres a 10m player. Potation has got to tighten things up for us to maintain a top four charge

i'm hoping that potts actually can put a defence together and once

again we've not found a managers achilles heel !! . if pullis can turn defences around club in club out it, does it make it look a simple

matter that can be sorted with graft on the training pitch?.

Spurs beat the Chavs 2-0 in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup semi. clap2.gif

aussie wins spurs youth semi, thomas glover the keeper

massimo luongo, sold by the club to swindon, he was a big factor in aussies asian cup win

You might find this interesting macks http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/02/12/ambitous-luongo-says-its-time-make-next-career-move

like the buyback clause, spurs may think he could improve enough

I agree about Davies I did read somewhere that it was 10 mil plus siggy, but that cant be right,, I hope , the one redeeming factor with davies is he's young but as u say cant see ten mil in him at all atm. Tbh i reckon we need a bloody good clear out of central defenders, TBH , i wouldnt mind seeing caulker coming bac, good lhs DEFENDER and he does threaten at corners free kics, erickson would luv him. I know i've been on about him for ?? seasons now but fuc verity, shunt him off to some mug for large money, hopefully it'll pay to rid ourselves of kaboul and clicky , as they probably are on large contracts and will be costly to get rid off, and up front lets inject that 'fear' element,, berihino is class and on the pitch has a terrific temperament, yesterday, i know they lost but villas back line were kicking chunks out of him doggedly all afternoon , water of a ducks bac took it and moved on, and he can finish , play solo and he's hungry he's probably gonna cost but with him and ari we'd be a touch tasty up front and Then who knows, we could really shove on next season maybe a few like Townsend may kic in, the plus for me is he aint taken the easy way out he could have upped and gone when he wernt getting a look in, but he knuckled down and fought for his place, he's a spurs lad and loyalty , aint a common thing to have in footie this day and age.

Edited by rijit

I agree about Davies I did read somewhere that it was 10 mil plus siggy, but that cant be right,, I hope , the one redeeming factor with davies is he's young but as u say cant see ten mil in him at all atm. Tbh i reckon we need a bloody good clear out of central defenders, TBH , i wouldnt mind seeing caulker coming bac, good lhs DEFENDER and he does threaten at corners free kics, erickson would luv him. I know i've been on about him for ?? seasons now but fuc verity, shunt him off to some mug for large money, hopefully it'll pay to rid ourselves of kaboul and clicky , as they probably are on large contracts and will be costly to get rid off, and up front lets inject that 'fear' element,, berihino is class and on the pitch has a terrific temperament, yesterday, i know they lost but villas back line were kicking chunks out of him doggedly all afternoon , water of a ducks bac took it and moved on, and he can finish , play solo and he's hungry he's probably gonna cost but with him and ari we'd be a touch tasty up front and Then who knows, we could really shove on next season maybe a few like Townsend may kic in, the plus for me is he aint taken the easy way out he could have upped and gone when he wernt getting a look in, but he knuckled down and fought for his place, he's a spurs lad and loyalty , aint a common thing to have in footie this day and age.

Caulker !!!! bit early for April Fools Day rij biggrin.png

Here's what the Rangers fans are saying about him :

Ferdinand and caulker worst two centre halves in the country!!!!#liability

Steven Caulker seems to have a touch of the Karl Ready about him...#QPR

I thought Caulker was a great signing pre-season. Turned out to be not as good as I thought he would be. #QPR

Caulker is pants. Why did we sign him? #QPR

To think we paid £8m for Caulker and Redknapp spent all summer whoring after Rio Ferdinand. Only at Rangers. #QPR

Nice to hear,

My family was in the stands, my two sons (Maurizio, 13, and Sebastiano, 20) and my older brother (Javier). They were sitting just behind the goal in the top tier.

‘My brother is over from Argentina, he came over for the Capital One Cup final. They have the chance to go to the executive box or be in a better area but they prefer to sing the songs with the fans. So I took the photo as a souvenir. It was a fantastic moment for me and them. It was the first time I’ve done it in my career.’

The Argies always seem to love us biggrin.png

I was a Craven Cottage for a midweek league cup tie and we had Ricky Villa in with the Spurs fans singing along with the rest of us. Nice 2-1 win that was too!

• Like 2

Nice to hear,

My family was in the stands, my two sons (Maurizio, 13, and Sebastiano, 20) and my older brother (Javier). They were sitting just behind the goal in the top tier.

‘My brother is over from Argentina, he came over for the Capital One Cup final. They have the chance to go to the executive box or be in a better area but they prefer to sing the songs with the fans. So I took the photo as a souvenir. It was a fantastic moment for me and them. It was the first time I’ve done it in my career.’

The Argies always seem to love us biggrin.png

I was a Craven Cottage for a midweek league cup tie and we had Ricky Villa in with the Spurs fans singing along with the rest of us. Nice 2-1 win that was too!

Did he sing " win the cup for totting-ham" biggrin.png

I thought Caulker was a great signing pre-season. Turned out to be not as good as I thought he would be. #QPR

To think we paid £8m for Caulker and Redknapp spent all summer whoring after Rio Ferdinand. Only at Rangers. #QPR

really, and you can vouch that all know what they are talking about ?

and not just fickle and pissed that their teams bottomish and looking to blame someone. saying that I watched a few qpr games early seaon thought that ferdinand was shocking and ari was right to drop him and is only bac in through injury. but caulket is young ish and still in his prime and u dont become a poor player over nite. i thought Caulker was decent with us and imo note imo is a good lhs center back if u dont think so , thats fine,so be it.

really, and you can vouch that all know what they are talking about ?

and not just fickle and pissed that their teams bottomish and looking to blame someone. saying that I watched a few qpr games early seaon thought that ferdinand was shocking and ari was right to drop him and is only bac in through injury. but caulket is young ish and still in his prime and u dont become a poor player over nite. i thought Caulker was decent with us and imo note imo is a good lhs center back if u dont think so , thats fine,so be it.

Not very mobile I'm afraid ! Spurs wouldn't have let him gone if he was any good or even if he had potential so that tells you something !

Probaly do ok in the Championship ! sad.png

Watch this at 2.26 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blyhZaBeM9I

we have defensive issues, who could we get to fix them, walker and rose have question marks about them, but they suit our style.

3 or 4 mobile strong, good on the deck, central defenders, every club wants the same, players like that are so rare

• Like 1

we have defensive issues, who could we get to fix them, walker and rose have question marks about them, but they suit our style.

3 or 4 mobile strong, good on the deck, central defenders, every club wants the same, players like that are so rare

Cameron Carter Vickers will hopefully progress although obviously still early days, stood out in the Youth Semi final last week and already played for the USA under 23's when he was 16.

Cameron Carter-Vickers is going to stay at Tottenham Hotspur. The Spurs academy product has agreed to a two-year contract with the club, which he will sign on December 31, his 17th birthday.

It wasn't a foregone conclusion that Carter-Vickers would stay at Spurs. Arsenal reportedly made a run at him, while other Premier League clubs were linked to him, but he has chosen to stay at Tottenham.

Carter-Vickers was born and raised in England, but is the son of an American and plays for the U.S. youth teams. He looks set to be a fixture for the U-20 team and has even gotten a chance with the U-23s despite being just 16 years old.

The centerback joined Spurs when he was 11 years old and is one of Tottenham's top academy prospects, checking in at 6'1'' with good athleticism, impressive ball skills and the ability to read the game normally reserved for older and more experienced players. He's been playing up age levels at Spurs for years.

Spurs are probably a good place for Carter-Vickers to be. They have a history of promoting young defenders from their academy, most prominently with Ledley King and Sol Campbell, but even more recently with Steven Caulker. Mauricio Pochettino has put an extra emphasis on young players since taking over the club in the summer too, not just giving youngsters first team action, but also pouring resources into the youth teams. For a 16-year-old like Carter-Vickers, Tottenham looks to be a good home, and he'll be there for the next two years.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

yeah not the easiest of tasks but it is what english prem is, again i hark back to pullis he gets average defenses and makes them solid

not saying i want wb's or pullis's style at us, but my point is getting that back line to work well is v much a coach able thing probably tedious but

definitely coach able and from what I've seen we aint doing it and its actually getting worse or am i missing something or being harsh?

yeah not the easiest of tasks but it is what english prem is, again i hark back to pullis he gets average defenses and makes them solid

not saying i want wb's or pullis's style at us, but my point is getting that back line to work well is v much a coach able thing probably tedious but

definitely coach able and from what I've seen we aint doing it and its actually getting worse or am i missing something or being harsh?

pulis, is his own man, not many like the way his sides play, so well organised, moderate results on a moderate budget

to find the right players to fix or improve a team, is the challenge, but to find from the academy is golden

pulis, is his own man, not many like the way his sides play, so well organised, moderate results on a moderate budget

to find the right players to fix or improve a team, is the challenge, but to find from the academy is golden

Hmm not so sure palaces results second half of last season were ' moderate' but yeah god forbid us playing whats perceived as 'pullis style' football, saying that I do wonder what he could do with a 'large budget' and his choice of player wer'nt limited as you say to budget ish prem players, would his style change appropriately? that we'll probably never know, But my point is really is about defenses being organized and working together as a unit, it's coach able, a taught skill and we just atm don't seem to be doing it well or at all.

Edited by rijit

yes rijit understand it is coachable, but why have we not cracked it yet ?

puzzled me for a long time

yeah, rose is fine pushing up and he has pace to burn , but he aint great at the defending side and next to verity,, well... davies imo is more solid defensively but don't offer what rose does going forward,,, walker is better defensively, just, he's improved. and also pace to burn,, it's conundrum,, stick or twist???? the plus and maybe key , i suppose, is they're all young enough to improve, which lets b honest, they really need to.

perhaps a specialist defensive coach is needed, but tbh with the wedge these clubs invest u would have thought one would already be in place

perhaps a specialist defensive coach is needed, but tbh with the wedge these clubs invest u would have thought one would already be in place

We've had 8 clean sheets this calendar year. I'd suggest seeing if Rodgers could help, doubt he'd leave a big club though...wink.png

We've had 8 clean sheets this calendar year. I'd suggest seeing if Rodgers could help, doubt he'd leave a big club though...wink.png

overall Liverpool 13 clean sheets spurs 12, the difference being seems your happy with that whereas we're disappointed.

anyway you want talk about liverpool or argue do it else where,, wai2.gif

overall Liverpool 13 clean sheets spurs 12, the difference being seems your happy with that whereas we're disappointed.

anyway you want talk about liverpool or argue do it else where,, wai2.gif

Calendar year being the main point....turning a previously leaky defense in to a tight one. You guys down there really do lack a sense of humour and comprehension of the written word. Not wanting to talk Liverpool or argue (i'lll leave that alfie), just some light-hearted craic that is taken seriously again. Go <deleted> yourself thumbsup.gif

• Like 1