Tottenham Thread

chonabot

That really was a horrid performance. This so called defense of our is beyond a joke now and i will single out Walker as being particularly abysmal. His positional play is just laughable. If thats the best Walker can do then the sooner Yedlin plays the better.

Worst i've seen of Dier and Bentaleb too and Townsend looks to be back too his normal self and forgotten to do any tracking back.

United on the other hand were very good, and exceptional in the first half. Thats the best i've seen them play for a long time and they definitely benefitted from playing Mata. I thought Carrick had a great game too. United have real momentum now going into the Anfield fixture next week.

Have to admit i was quite confident going into this one and am still trying to fathom what that performance was all about. I do understand such a young side being inconsistent but we just didn't turn up.

Poch still has a lot of work to do but we will get there! Roll on next week

• Like 1

Football!!!!!!!

I was convinced that United were due a spanking and I was convinced that Spurs would be the team to do it to them.

Its the best United have played all season and the worst Spurs have played.

Spurs were bricking it from the first minute. The game was won before the teams stepped on the pitch. Painful to watch .

• Like 1

.... and I got up at 2:00am to travel form on nut to lower suk specially to watch what I thought would be a good game of football.

Difficult to see how Spuds can avoid another painful season of Thursday night football. Fer gawds sake crash out of it early with a B team will yer - it's just the bladdy Milk Cup on a pan euro scale.

Difficult to see how Arsenal can fail to grab third and maybe even second.

If only football were that simple thumbsup.gif . Still 6 teams up for the 3 sub Chelsea spots as far as I can see! Inconsistency is this years middle name for the Prem.

One of the things IMO we lack on the pitch ATM is a leader, someone with a bit of nous, to spot things and organize things when and if they need

sorting, all very well 2 have pace but as were seeing it aint enough.

Edited by rijit

One of the things IMO we lack on the pitch ATM is a leader, someone with a bit of nous, to spot things and organize things when and if they need

Who has one of those (a leader) these days! Its' a result if any of then can communicate with anyone else in the team, given the ployglot languages that abound in modern football.

Who has one of those (a leader) these days! Its' a result if any of then can communicate with anyone else in the team, given the ployglot languages that abound in modern football.

You don't need words to lead on a football pitch Santi

I think you'll see Bentaleb captaining Spurs in the next couple of years. He's a leader on the pitch but at 20yo is still to young and inexperienced. Worst i've seen him play last weekend but thats a real rarity. Hopefully he learns a lot from that debarcle.

I think you'll see Bentaleb captaining Spurs in the next couple of years. He's a leader on the pitch but at 20yo is still to young and inexperienced. Worst i've seen him play last weekend but thats a real rarity. Hopefully he learns a lot from that debarcle.

yep, trouble is we need someone now . Now , i suppose will be to early for him?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Maybe that was the problem against Merchandise United.... the tiny totts were using sign language.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

How the fark did Walker and Townsend make the England squad facepalm.gif still I suppose it puts a few million on Townsends price when we sell him laugh.png

the major reason they got in is pace

regardless of form seems hodgson is relatively loyal and keeps to a fairly tight group once in your in if you get my drift not such a bad thing imo. with townsend, who would you suggest? who else is their, young? and all were calling him karp 3 mnths ago as were all with downing when splodger was playing him horribly out of position on the bac of wanting him out of his large money contract.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well deserved 3 points jellydog whistling.gif

The whole back line needs a massive overhaul. Walker's positioning is farcical, its only pace that lets him get away with anything!!

We've agreed a deal to bring Austrian cb Kevin Wimmer in the summer from Cologne, not seen anything of him, hopefully he is the real deal. Any Bundesliga fans out there?

Poch needs to put his foot down and sort that defense out over the summer.

Lovely interplay from Ericksen and Kane at times, imagine where we would be with adebayor or soldado upfront blink.png

Paulinho was good when he came on.

Nothing is ever simple is it....

• Like 1

This is quite relaxing for me now watching Spurs because i know that with that defense with have no chance at all finishing in the top four!

walker should be dropped, Dier rested for Fazio, Vertonghen given a massive kick up the arse because he's been lousy for a while now and then theres Danny Rose who has performed well of recent and worthy of praise.

Chadli needs a rest, its clear to see so we should switch Townsend and bring in Lamela.

Thought Paulinho put in a decent shift.

All in all a good three points but we do make it so hard for ourselves don't we!!

Does anyone else apart from me find it quite alarming that Walkers positional play is still so awful? Its what his third season now in the first team and almost every game he still leaves our far post exposed with gaping holes, constantly letting the opposition in behind him. You can forgive to odd slip but this is happening over and over again. It just gets irritating that whenever theres talk of his dreadful defending someone has to pipe up with the "oh but he's really fast" line because his primary job is defending and its plainly clear to see he's no good at it!! Yesterday our right flank was horridly exposed by a team sitting bottom of the table!!

His presence in the England squad sends a loud message as to the lacking in English talent.