Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I'd have taken the point before the game so even though i thought we should have won it i'm not disappointed. We were faster, fitter than them and for such a young side the whole display bodes very well for the future.

Don't want to single players out but i thought nineteen year old Alli was superb.

Pochetten is doing a very fine job and its very clear that the squad has bought into him. I'm very happy right now and we have no reason to fear anyone.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Great quote from the imbecile pundit Mark Lawrenson last week.

"Tottenham are nowhere near Arsenals level at the moment"

How can such a fine player be such an idiot with his views on the game? And he gets paid to spout this crap!!

That win at the start of the season is looking better and better, you have gone undefeated since then.

I just knew you was going to get at least a point at Arsenal, they have had there once a year stand out result when they play like champions.

• Like 1

That win at the start of the season is looking better and better, you have gone undefeated since then.

I just knew you was going to get at least a point at Arsenal, they have had there once a year stand out result when they play like champions.

Like i said Nev, we just couldn't get past your defense. Its almost too well set up! United fans might not like the style of play but are going to have to accept that with that defensive record United have a platform in place to be very, very good. I think van Gaal is just trying to find that missing link.

Couldn't be happier with our progress thus far although we still need to learn how to finish off games. A way to go yet but we are going in the right direction and atlas seem to have found a long term manager

• Like 2

I should add that Walker had a very good game today as did Lamela who is now starting to show his worth. He suits our style of play and his stats show how effective he's been. Presses well, creates assets and tracks back very. Very much a Pochettino type player.

Theres no place for Townsend in our set up and i think its pretty certain he'll be off in january to any team that wants a headless chicken that can't shoot straight and doesn't train hard enough.

Great to see Onomah get another run out and hopefully Harry Winks will do the same soon. Eighteen and nineteen year olds who won't be phased in this league.

Yep thought walker did some excellent covering his positional sence seems to be dramatically improving that aligned with his turn of pace and physical power he's really starting look the part. Couldn't really even blame him for Equalizer even though gibbs got in at that back post:wacko:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Oh still think we should be buying a serious central striker in Jan window. Would still like berihino to join even though he's having a relatively quite season

So Spurs fans, is this a title-challenging side?

Its not often you leave the City thread so if thats the best you can come up with best stay there!!biggrin.png

Seriously though, its a very good side in the making. We have embraced the philosophy of bringing youth through in order to fund our new stadium as opposed to buying success and paying extortionate salaries. Its an exciting challenge bringing through youngsters who have fully taken on board a managers philosophy and run their socks off rather than watching overpaid fat cats that we've had in the past.

I think if more coaches had the Pochottino mindset the league would be better for it and i also think clubs like yours, with your excessively salaried players should be properly pulled into line.

We started off this season realistically hoping to make the top six and nothings changed.

• Like 1

Yep thought walker did some excellent covering his positional sence seems to be dramatically improving that aligned with his turn of pace and physical power he's really starting look the part. Couldn't really even blame him for Equalizer even though gibbs got in at that back post:wacko:

if theres any fault attached to their equalizer it goes to Loris but thats harsh. Seemed like he was falling back into the net before their guy made contact.

Best i've seen Walker play.

Edited by carmine

Yeah agreed Hugo should have stood up and overall didn't think it was His finest game. But though no direct fault can be atatched to anyone and be it he just came on, gibbs shouldn't have been allowed virtually a freebie on the back post. bloody shame to ultimately lose 2 points after such a strong performance to that.

I should add that Walker had a very good game today as did Lamela who is now starting to show his worth. He suits our style of play and his stats show how effective he's been. Presses well, creates assets and tracks back very. Very much a Pochettino type player.

Theres no place for Townsend in our set up and i think its pretty certain he'll be off in january to any team that wants a headless chicken that can't shoot straight and doesn't train hard enough.

Great to see Onomah get another run out and hopefully Harry Winks will do the same soon. Eighteen and nineteen year olds who won't be phased in this league.

Banned for the West Ham game Carms.

Banned for the West Ham game Carms.

Yet but thats probably an absentee that won'y trouble us too much as Poch will pick an attacking three of Eriksen, Dembele and Son. I thought that Lamela was looking dangerously close to a second yellow.

How can we be a title challenging side when we have one of the lowest net spends in the league ? it just doesn't happen BB whistling.gif

No no Alfie, its not about the money..........

I predicting Chelsea to throw some cash around in january too. El Cashico just wouldn't be the same with the two of them throwing around a few tens of millions.tongue.png

^ALFIE: Just wanting to know the opinion of you Spurs fans, as I rarely watch Spurs (have other preferences to watch when City aren't playing) but reading the comments on here this season led me to believe you're all pretty impressed with your team this season. Now been clarified...top 4.

How can we be a title challenging side when we have one of the lowest net spends in the league ? it just doesn't happen BB whistling.gif

No no Alfie, its not about the money..........

I predicting Chelsea to throw some cash around in january too. El Cashico just wouldn't be the same with the two of them throwing around a few tens of millions.tongue.png

Yeah, one to prevent relegation, and the other to try and buy themselves another title. biggrin.png

The fair play brigade will be keeping a close eye on them though, especially City.

^ALFIE: Just wanting to know the opinion of you Spurs fans, as I rarely watch Spurs (have other preferences to watch when City aren't playing) but reading the comments on here this season led me to believe you're all pretty impressed with your team this season. Now been clarified...top 4.

i said top six and nothings changed since this afternoon sunshine!

I don't watch Spurs every week but has Lamela really improved all that much ? It looks like I'm in the minority but I don't see much difference.

His contribution is greater than it looks. Created the most assists, presses well and defensively very good too. Tracks back all the time. Definitely improving and adjusting to the league.

Still frustrates at times but Poch is moving him in the right direction. Needs to mind because theres stiff competition to start in the attacking three what with Dembeles form and the return from injury of Son.

I don't watch Spurs every week but has Lamela really improved all that much ? It looks like I'm in the minority but I don't see much difference.

As carms says he's bought into pots way and consequently improving, his work rate is impressive. And physically he's got an awful lot stronger . his eye for the 'killer' pass is showing results. As carm says he tracks back, sometimes looks a little lost at the back and leaves gaps , but hey he's an Attacking midfeilder. However ultimately as an attacking middie unless he delivers ie goals, his starting place could be under threat, but as was said earlier it's v much a 14 man game these days.

Edited by rijit

As carms says he's bought into pots way and consequently improving, his work rate is impressive. And physically he's got an awful lot stronger . his eye for the 'killer' pass is showing results. As carm says he tracks back, sometimes looks a little lost at the back and leaves gaps , but hey he's an Attacking midfeilder. However ultimately as an attacking middie unless he delivers ie goals, his starting place could be under threat, but as was said earlier it's v much a 14 man game these days.

I'd add to that Rij that Lamela also made eight tackles. I reckon he was only subbed through fear that his enthusiasm and combative play would get him a second yellow.

When you have attacking midfielders making this sought of defensive impact its going to be hard for any side to wrestle the middle block away from you.

• Like 1

Its all part of the work ethic.

I'm in agreement that our team is going to continue to improve....and playing the type of football I like to watch which is all important to us Spurs fans.

Yes I'm delighted with our league position at the moment and not expecting any better than top six....top four would be seen as a bonus if it happens.

I'm in agreement that our team is going to continue to improve....and playing the type of football I like to watch which is all important to us Spurs fans.

Yes I'm delighted with our league position at the moment and not expecting any better than top six....top four would be seen as a bonus if it happens.

Sod what the papers are saying about us. Top four is still not realistic. Add to that Liverpool and Chelsea will almost certainly strengthen and improve.

If we were to get knocked out of the europa that would be a big help mind. Man United benefitted hugely last season not having to play in that crap competition, a completion that is discredited by allowing the CL drop outs.

Its also way too early in the season to gauge things. Lets see around february time. Right now the most important thing is the squad is all pulling in the right direction and improving. However, playing this high intensity pressing game will cause fatigue and it was probably that thurday night fixture combined with Arsenal's extra days rest that saw us worn out in the last fifteen minutes because until that point we were all over their midfield despite what BB thinks.

Note to BB. One the back of your comments i'm far from convinced you actually watched the north London derby. Meant to suggest this yesterday but got way laid.

Edited by carmine

Sod what the papers are saying about us. Top four is still not realistic. Add to that Liverpool and Chelsea will almost certainly strengthen and improve.

If we were to get knocked out of the europa that would be a big help mind. Man United benefitted hugely last season not having to play in that crap competition, a completion that is discredited by allowing the CL drop outs.

Its also way too early in the season to gauge things. Lets see around february time. Right now the most important thing is the squad is all pulling in the right direction and improving. However, playing this high intensity pressing game will cause fatigue and it was probably that thurday night fixture combined with Arsenal's extra days rest that saw us worn out in the last fifteen minutes because until that point we were all over their midfield despite what BB thinks.

Note to BB. One the back of your comments i'm far from convinced you actually watched the north London derby. Meant to suggest this yesterday but got way laid.

I only managed to find my seat at 60 mins....and for the first 15 mins I saw we were running them ragged and winning every loose ball. Great stuff!

Yeah, they looked well leggy, suppose that the after effect of losing 5 1 in midweek as opposed to winning 2-1.

yeah carms lamalle ain't the smartest in tackling is he, but enthusiasm is always welcome by any manager but if someone we're to come in and were enthusiastic and add end product ie score lamalle would probably lose his place?.

Anyways this might go against common perception ,well does, but I'm used to that !! But im really enjoying this years europa comp and I'm seeing nothing or very little that justifies calling it 'crap ' ok we're playing one weak team but Monaco And anderlect in anybodies book that's decent competition. And next up knockout stages, I'm actually really looking 4.ward to them Don't particular like the parachute down from the champions league,, but on the positive, it ups the footballing standard anti and everbody harps on about wanting .to play in the next level up, well the knockout stages is there or thereabouts, this years cup won't be won by mugs that's for sure, and i for one wouldn't mind the cup on our shelf .

Edited by rijit