Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Hartson reckons tiny totts fans will be wanting an Arsenal win this weekend.

Really?

biggrin.png

to that. We hope you get hammered.

Plenty of time to win the league anyway.

unfortunately for the record, i don't think you will get hammered because Wenger, as did Pochettino, will have worked them out.

Might still happen. Arsenal have blown lukewarm and cold for a while happily.

I think they will beat Leicester. Wenger won't allow them the wide open spaces down the flanks and will nullify their breaks

I dunno, Leicester were impressive in tearing Manchester Dhabi apart. We'll have to be on our toes.

The last game will be interesting, too.

Shame they had to sandwich a meaningless mid table game in the middle.

to that. We hope you get hammered.

Plenty of time to win the league anyway.

unfortunately for the record, i don't think you will get hammered because Wenger, as did Pochettino, will have worked them out.

Might still happen. Arsenal have blown lukewarm and cold for a while happily.

I think they will beat Leicester. Wenger won't allow them the wide open spaces down the flanks and will nullify their breaks

I dunno, Leicester were impressive in tearing Manchester Dhabi apart. We'll have to be on our toes.

The last game will be interesting, too.

Shame they had to sandwich a meaningless mid table game in the middle.

Probably have a snooze while that game is on laugh.png

• Like 1

^Unfair, can he rely on the boys infront of him. They work as a unit and he`s the only constant. for example that wall. A yard out of place, sure his fault but could you imagine even a decent trained lower league center back allowing it to happen ? nah And Liverpool have spent?? How much on them?? But all his fault,, and how many keepers have we seen at spurs take the blame ? never the. Cbs always the keepers, live by the sword die by it,,, Amy way fuc it. GET ON U SPURS. 3 POINTS WOULD BE OHHHH SO NICE, spent tonight with Charlie cooks nephew ... Now there was a footballer.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Love the way you Spurs fans keep playing down your chances of top 4 or Champions. You're fooling no one. ;-)

Top 4 is assured. If you don't blow up there's no reason why you can't win it.

City and Arsenal are 2 steps forward 1 step back all season. No one knows how Leicester will go on. It's a 4 horse race with City racing hobbled (especially for you Alfie that).

Congrats to Spurs. Abominable penalty call but the bottom line has it that Spurs are a hungrier team at the moment and earned the points.

Apologies to Smokie for not meeting up but in hindsight a good decision.smile.png

You'd obviously heard the score pre-game from Mystic biggrin.png

Congrats to Spurs. Abominable penalty call but the bottom line has it that Spurs are a hungrier team at the moment and earned the points.

Apologies to Smokie for not meeting up but in hindsight a good decision.smile.png

You'd obviously heard the score pre-game from Mystic biggrin.png

I was wearing my lucky shirt. :D

Yes - good game. Lucky with the first but 2/3 times out of 10 refs would give that for jumping with arms slightly flailing whether forwards or backwards. Definite title contenders and this time Man City played with conviction (as opposed to their abject Leicester attempt).

I am still waiting to see the Arsenal game on replay* - good old CTH, now showing Man City v Tottenham consecutively on two different channels. Have to wait until near lunchtime (and the TV guide is notoriously unreliable so have to keep scanning). I tried desperately to avoid knowing the result of both games; it has never worked in the past so this time I tried extra specially hard for seminal matches. No watching any news, no checking social media (one of my sisters has a habit of giving it away in an e-mail title or someone face-eggs me. So I just finished watching your game on replay, with the sound muted. That had worked and did not know the final result while watching ........ but, 57th minute Sky flashes up a table showing the top 6 positions at that moment and I clock before I know it that Leicester are reduced to a 2 point lead - DOH (but great news)!

*I knew we would win - karma for me honouring a commitment to take my three girls (TW + 2 daughters - even the cats and no doubt all the fish are female in our household) out for a Valentines meal. Had wrongly converted 12 noon into 19:00 = 9 o'clock [silly @rse]. Wifey knows how much Arsenal games mean to me, so allowed me to renege on the promise when I started chucking things around at 6:30 pm in rage at my own folly. 6 year old not so - wild tears of dismay (a local Amphur fayre was also part of the date) softened me up!! It occurred to me at the time that if I insisted on wellying out we would obviously lose and I would feel double-$hit.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Great win but a bit disappointed we didn't play better and that we lacked a bit of composure, suppose you can put that down to the team being so young.

Players aged U24 used by Top 4 in 15/16 PL - (1) Leicester City - 3, (2) #THFC - 12, (3) Arsenal - 5, (4) Man City - 4

Disappointed?!

Yes - good game. Lucky with the first but 2/3 times out of 10 refs would give that for jumping with arms slightly flailing whether forwards or backwards. Definite title contenders and this time Man City played with conviction (as opposed to their abject Leicester attempt).

I am still waiting to see the Arsenal game on replay* - good old CTH, now showing Man City v Tottenham consecutively on two different channels. Have to wait until near lunchtime (and the TV guide is notoriously unreliable so have to keep scanning). I tried desperately to avoid knowing the result of both games; it has never worked in the past so this time I tried extra specially hard for seminal matches. No watching any news, no checking social media (one of my sisters has a habit of giving it away in an e-mail title or someone face-eggs me. So I just finished watching your game on replay, with the sound muted. That had worked and did not know the final result while watching ........ but, 57th minute Sky flashes up a table showing the top 6 positions at that moment and I clock before I know it that Leicester are reduced to a 2 point lead - DOH (but great news)!

*I knew we would win - karma for me honouring a commitment to take my three girls (TW + 2 daughters - even the cats and no doubt all the fish are female in our household) out for a Valentines meal. Had wrongly converted 12 noon into 19:00 = 9 o'clock [silly @rse]. Wifey knows how much Arsenal games mean to me, so allowed me to renege on the promise when I started chucking things around at 6:30 pm in rage at my own folly. 6 year old not so - wild tears of dismay (a local Amphur fayre was also part of the date) softened me up!! It occurred to me at the time that if I insisted on wellying out we would obviously lose and I would feel double-$hit.

I think my hangover just kicked in.

Thought that Kevin Wimmer's performance worthy of a mention. Only his third PL start and to be honest, we didn't miss Vertonghen at all. Baring in mind Wimmer's six years younger than Vertonghen and bought as "one for the future" he's done us proud in an injury situation that could have proven very difficult.

I still think an injury to Toby would be a body blow to us and we were lucky in hindsight it was Vertonghen getting crocked.

Walker, who at 25yo was a senior player yesterday, has improved his defensive skill hugely under Pochettino. He played very well although i did think it unfair that Trippier was dropped back to the bench having been man of the match last weekend.

In short, i don't care who we play anymore, if we player game as we know we can we'll beat anyone and just wait for Leicester to slip up.

• Like 1

please get me off this roller coaster, i am stuck on it with a argentine manager, a world class keeper and every other car is full of youngsters, yahoooing at every turn.

told the mrs to send 350 baht home today, to pay for a black chicken and a bottle of lao khao to ask for the spirit of alan rough to be imparted on opposition keepers for the rest of the season.

loving our ride this season.

Thought that Kevin Wimmer's performance worthy of a mention. Only his third PL start and to be honest, we didn't miss Vertonghen at all. Baring in mind Wimmer's six years younger than Vertonghen and bought as "one for the future" he's done us proud in an injury situation that could have proven very difficult.

I still think an injury to Toby would be a body blow to us and we were lucky in hindsight it was Vertonghen getting crocked.

Walker, who at 25yo was a senior player yesterday, has improved his defensive skill hugely under Pochettino. He played very well although i did think it unfair that Trippier was dropped back to the bench having been man of the match last weekend.

In short, i don't care who we play anymore, if we player game as we know we can we'll beat anyone and just wait for Leicester to slip up.

Yep, and can I add ,ridiculous ,as it may seem, we Can put almost any team selection from. The squad out and it doasnt seem to matter i always get the feel that ' it's capable of winning.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is Pochettino or Ranieri the manager of the year?

Jami Carragher said... 'After Spurs’ impressive 2-1 victory at Manchester City on Sunday, Jamie Carragher said of the Argentine: ‘It would be the best managerial performance in Premier League history if Tottenham go on and win the league.’

Wouldn't Leicester winning it be the best managerial performance?

Just for the record I think this will be Spurs year. wink.png

313EA17D00000578-3448468-image-a-50_1455

• Mauricio Pochettino has proven he can be ruthless and get results
  • Tottenham look a team that can win the Premier League under Pochettino
  • Decision to sell Andros Townsend says he won't carry any passengers
  • Pochettino has prioritised the development of young talent in his team
  • He's said that his players are now daring to dream about winning the title
  • Daily Mail
  • Like 1

313EA17D00000578-3448468-image-a-50_1455

• Mauricio Pochettino has proven he can be ruthless and get results
  • Tottenham look a team that can win the Premier League under Pochettino
  • Decision to sell Andros Townsend says he won't carry any passengers
  • Pochettino has prioritised the development of young talent in his team
  • He's said that his players are now daring to dream about winning the title
  • Daily Mail

Spurs have the youngest average starting 11 in the PL and Poch has spent the least since the Summer 2014, that's amazing, i never knew that biggrin.png

Is Pochettino or Ranieri the manager of the year?

Jami Carragher said... 'After Spurs impressive 2-1 victory at Manchester City on Sunday, Jamie Carragher said of the Argentine: It would be the best managerial performance in Premier League history if Tottenham go on and win the league.

Wouldn't Leicester winning it be the best managerial performance?

Just for the record I think this will be Spurs year. wink.png

Considering that Pellegrini won the Premier and Milky Bar Cup in his first season but Pulis won Manager of the year, maybe the muppets that decide it will give it to Tim Sherwood this season.

]