Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Tides turning fast on that one.  China's coming along strong and mcmannaman might disagree as would Owen as would platt as would Ian rush as would as would. Premiership was a melting pot for a while no other reason to jump ship but it's happening. Rooney should f uckoff fast against his will would be best. Some club might pint 400 a week his way and do you a favour. 

Do me a favour?

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It's just a case of when not if with Alli, guy needs a bigger stage and no matter how big the stadium it will not be wearing a spurs top.

Your doing a lot talking on the subject so why don't you  give me a 2 way price on how long he will be at Spurs, obviously not too much of a spread ! 

Edited by alfieconn

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Alfie, why do you constantly harp on about net spend? Those figures on their own are absolutely meaningless in a business sense. Several other financial factors are far more important i.e the operating profit or EBITDA which shows you a company's performance.

No denying City have spent big but there was a clear fiscal plan for doing that. Following our first season gong into profit with the current owners, Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said  of City's financial well-being.

He said: "We have made a profit again. We are constantly moving in the right direction financially as a club and that's one of the things I'm particularly proud of.

"Sheikh Mansour had a dream from day one that he would invest in a club, he would build value, he would put a lot of commitment into it, but that that club would be financially sustainable and would be profitable.

"That dream is a reality. It works. We are one of the top clubs in the world. We are financially sustainable and we are consistently profitable."

I would much rather have that business plan Alfie, than just looking at how much you buy and sell players for.

Calm down calm down, don't know why you are to be taking it so personally as it wasn't directed at City, all i'm pointing out is how well Spurs are doing with a low net spend being as we all know that generally the teams with larger net spend are the one's more likely to win the title.

Profit and loss on player's is meaningless :cheesy: :cheesy:  iv'e heard it all now, the figures would  certainly affect the balance sheet so they are not meaningless but probably are less so to a club such as yourselves who can afford to take a hit on players values as they can just pump more money in.

In fact if they are so meaningless why are your club  harping on about improving the academy to bring more youngsters through to reduce their spending on transfers ? 

Business plan ! so you think that your business plan is different to any other club's business plan ? who is only looking at how much they buy and sell players for ?  let's face it every club is striving to increase growth etc, etc you seem to now have a few bob and are starting to think you are different from every other club well you are not.

Edited by alfieconn

If you are going to attempt to rip me apart alfie, at least comment on what I actually said and not what you think I said. I have underlined and put in red the important part of what I said which you conveniently left out:- Those figures on their own are absolutely meaningless in a business sense.

30 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Now now chaps......peace and goodwill to all men....and Villa fans. :post-4641-1156694083:

Villa fans... Seriously I like Everton more than I do the villa. Lovely sight last week when I saw a fixture villa v Burton 

Just now, TTFT said:

As TTFT would say, GRRRRRRRRRR

We got a new feeder fan in the house. Ok pal whose contract is best value at Tottenham at present? What's the current stadium capacity v the new one and how will that affect the ever so important gate receipts.  Calculators at the ready. 

Obviously I'm not a Spuds fan but I do hope that we put up at least a fight against you tomorrow.

We already know that we are not going into the next round, so a good show would be a bonus, if we play well I might even share some of my Jamesons with the Smokes.

• Like 2

Just now, TTFT said:

Obviously I'm not a Spuds fan but I do hope that we put up at least a fight against you tomorrow.

We already know that we are not going into the next round, so a good show would be a bonus, if we play well I might even share some of my Jamesons with the Smokes.

Villa fan - dying breed that lot writings on the wall with that outfit. In 5 years we will be speaking of villa as an example of the biggest fall from grace in football history when your propping up the conference. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Villa fan - dying breed that lot writings on the wall with that outfit. In 5 years we will be speaking of villa as an example of the biggest fall from grace in football history when your propping up the conference. 

Problem (for me at least) is that I fear that what your saying about the biggest fall from grace in football being true.

Not sure if we're ready for the propping up the conference yet though.

Just now, TTFT said:

Problem (for me at least) is that I fear that what your saying about the biggest fall from grace in football being true.

Not sure if we're ready for the propping up the conference yet though.

No not true,  you lot were div 1 fodder 5 years ago. Miracles did happen. 

14 minutes ago, TTFT said:

Rc2702, Judging by your current position I would guess that it was money well spent.

Don't worry about having a Villain in you thread, I come in peace and will depart on the level.

Ok I tell you what I just had a look at the squad. Before I give you prediction and my spirit for tomorrow's game break it down for me is it really that bad?

Is grealish a shining light or a Lee hendrie waiting to happen?

Is Micah a 40k a week waste of space?

I reckon the villa will be up for this big time. Bunch of yesterday's big time Charles forgotten. One last hurrah and all that. A good excuse to walk head held high into the mailbox with mrs for a change.

Edited by Rc2702

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

If you are going to attempt to rip me apart alfie, at least comment on what I actually said and not what you think I said. I have underlined and put in red the important part of what I said which you conveniently left out:- Those figures on their own are absolutely meaningless in a business sense.

Those figures on their own go towards the overall P+L of the club so i'm not sure how you can say they are meaningless :sad:

Grealish is gruelish.

Let's be honest here, yes I am a Villa fan but I'm also a very disgruntled Villa Fan.

We don't posses any greats and even if we did we would sell them for next to nothing and then waste the money on nobodies.

Fall from grace is exactly what it is, I remember when we were contenders but it all seems such a long time ago now.

Prediction for tomorrow, you will rest your stars and still give us a hammering.

It saddens me to roll over before the ball has even been kicked but I am a realist.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Quick question for you then pal. Aprox 100 million was spent in 2013. Money well spent? 

= 100 million blown

Changed the wording i see !!!!!

Anyway show me the figs where were we blew 100m :passifier:

Still waiting for the price by the way :licklips:

Edited by alfieconn

3 minutes ago, TTFT said:

Grealish is gruelish.

Let's be honest here, yes I am a Villa fan but I'm also a very disgruntled Villa Fan.

We don't posses any greats and even if we did we would sell them for next to nothing and then waste the money on nobodies.

Fall from grace is exactly what it is, I remember when we were contenders but it all seems such a long time ago now.

Prediction for tomorrow, you will rest your stars and still give us a hammering.

It saddens me to roll over before the ball has even been kicked but I am a realist.

I don't think it's villas fault it's the city as a whole. Born in dudley road aka the butchers. Just not moving forward that place. Weoley Castle to Moseley to Angel to Issan.

1 minute ago, TTFT said:

Grew up round the corner from Dudley Rd (Winson Green) then moved near to Weoley Castle for my teens (went to Illmington Comp). :clap2:

Bloody hell. Ex Shenley here. Yeah Ilmington rd where that clan live the Osbornes lol. Funny lot. I was based on barnes hill until 13. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Oi p*ss off, this is an up market thread, lowering the tone by talking about Boringham :biggrin:

Born and grew up in Brum and I'm a Villa fan, I don't really have a lot going for me, do I?

Alright Villa I'm gonna put it out there. I spoke to the local Monk I explained the situation I showed him the faces of the squads involved I explained the psychological mindset the Villa players I am hoping have "last hurrah" I explained the lack of credible fans at WHL I pointed fingers mainly at the accountant on this thread and he pointed to my wallet. I dropped him 50 baht he went off and come back with clenched fists. He laid out his arms asked me to choose a fist I chose right fist and in his hand was 2 pieces of string. His left hand had 1 piece of string.

Villa 2 spurs 1 the Buddha reckons.

• Like 1