Tottenham Thread

chonabot

52 minutes ago, carmine said:

Defoe scored a lot of goals for us and could never be called a reject.  Problem was always him needing too many chances to score and always head down and shoot rather than looking for a better option.  

got better as he got older defoe. past few years i've watched him he seems to hit the target with almost every attempt. more experience, cooler and calmer head kind of thing i think.

Just now, StevieH said:

got better as he got older defoe. past few years i've watched him he seems to hit the target with almost every attempt. more experience, cooler and calmer head kind of thing i think.

Yes thats a fair observation i think.  I also doubt Sunderland are serving him up with anything like the amount of opportunities he used to get at Spurs.

7 hours ago, balo said:

Think we will struggle in the next game.  Just want to finish above Arsenal (doesn't look to difficult this time) and top 4 , that's all . 

If we score first today then it could end up being three or four.  But if they were to nick the first goal were in for a long afternoon of breaking down a ten man defense.

As for Arsenal, were a better side and they know it and if we don't finish above them we've only ourselves to blame.  Just like last season.

• Like 1

Tottenham have been given a 1 month extension ti'll 30th April to decide 

on whether to play next season at Wembley and demolish WHL at the end 

of this season.

There's a chance that we may stay at WHL for one more season as Levy is 

still unsure whether the new stadium will be ready on time.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2016-2017/tottenham-given-extension-over-wembley-move_sto6113067/story.shtml

• Like 1

I do feel for Jannsen, he gets a rare start and has a pretty ineffective performance

without looking like he will score, he gets subbed with Son, who comes on and scores 

in 2 mins.

I know he's only 22yrs old but so is Harry Kane, what should we do with him? Stay or go?

He may come good with time, but can we afford to take that chance with him, i think not.

As for Sissoko, well how on earth does he play for the French national team is beyond me.

Harry Winks has been taken to hospital, fingers crossed it's not a serious one. 

32 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I do feel for Jannsen, he gets a rare start and has a pretty ineffective performance

without looking like he will score, he gets subbed with Son, who comes on and scores 

in 2 mins.

I know he's only 22yrs old but so is Harry Kane, what should we do with him? Stay or go?

He may come good with time, but can we afford to take that chance with him, i think not.

As for Sissoko, well how on earth does he play for the French national team is beyond me.

Harry Winks has been taken to hospital, fingers crossed it's not a serious one. 

HUGE 3 points for us, and made even bigger thanks to big sams palace , massive win for them and fancy holding on for 70 plus mins WOW !!!! another slip by the chavs and it really is  GAME ON,, As for jansen, think he's worth a punt for at least another season, will he make it,, i'de like to think he would, but your quess is as good as mine  And as for sissoko, thought after he came on we bossed the game and what a nice little run and a crucial  wonderfully chipped ball to help set up the 2nd   and did you see him at the europeans? arguably he was frances stand out however always seems to play within himself, but his runs go very much unobserved. bit like sterling, people gob off but dont ACTUALLY WATCH.

Edited by 3 minus 2

That was a big win.  We just need to keep grinding out the wins and see what else transpires.  Now we've managed to exert a little pressure on Chelsea and keep the pressure on the others to keep up.  Nest up Swansea away then back to back home games against Watford and Bournmouth.  Who cares how we play at the moment, its all about the win.

Winks is a big concern.  Wanyama hopefully nothing major.  Another small set back for Rose and it seems that Kane will be back for the semi final.

Is Sissoko really a footballer?  I'm really starting to have doubts..........

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

As for jansen, think he's worth a punt for at least another season, will he make it,, i'de like to think he would, but your quess is as good as mine  And as for sissoko, thought after he came on we bossed the game and what a nice little run and a crucial  wonderfully chipped ball to help set up the 2nd   and did you see him at the europeans? arguably he was frances stand out however always seems to play within himself, but his runs go very much unobserved. bit like sterling, people gob off but dont ACTUALLY WATCH.

After reading your post, i had to take another look at our second goal, and i can assure you Sissoko 

wasn't involved at all in the build up.

It was Eriksen that dispossessed a burnley player in the middle of the park who then played a chipped pass to Dele who then crossed for Son to score.

How did you mistake Sissoko for Eriksen ? they don't have the slightest of resemblance :omfg:

Anyway, i stand by what i saw and that is Sissoko was our worst player on the pitch yesterday.

Dembele and Dier playing in central midfield swung the game in our favour. 

Sport 3 HD_2017_04_02_11_41_41_3.png

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1

That showed real balls last night.  Can't think of another Spurs in forty years that would have done that.  

NB.  Sissoko is not worth a light.  Son wide and Janssen up top until Kane's back please.  

Five on the bounce and keeping the chavs on their toes!

GOod news indeed 'Our ari' bac 2moro on the bench at leasthttp://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39463992

SAying that thought that jansenn 'changed' the game for us v swansea.  the down side was our win stopped west hams slide towards the relegation zone.Never mind, them v swansea @ the weekend should hopefully help their slide towards relegation , oh i'm so glad they stuck with bilic!!!! Apparently if your a betting man last week u could get  40.1 for them going down

8 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

GOod news indeed 'Our ari' bac 2moro on the bench at leasthttp://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39463992

SAying that thought that jansenn 'changed' the game for us v swansea.  the down side was our win stopped west hams slide towards the relegation zone.Never mind, them v swansea @ the weekend should hopefully help their slide towards relegation , oh i'm so glad they stuck with bilic!!!! Apparently if your a betting man last week u could get  40.1 for them going down

I see today as a perfect time to reward Janssen with a start.  He made that second goal and worked really hard throughout.  I think he'll come good but needs game time.  Son can start wide, give Kane a late run out.  Sissoko doesn't seem suited wide left.

Playing first is another opportunity to exert pressure although Watford will keep it narrow, sit deep and make it very difficult.

The Season to date;

All things considering it been progression again  with Spurs continuing to iron out some of last seasons problems, that continued into this.  Failing to break down sides or finish them off.  I still think feel we miss too many chances and need to be more clinical but regardless we are still scoring a lot of goals.

The first choice eleven as it perceived to be has only been able to be fielded about five times all season so that suggests the "squad" has performed well although it is still very inexperienced.  

Sissoko has been an unmitigated disaster.  Ironically, if he goes in the summer due to the structure of the deal imposed byLevy its Newcastle not really us that will feel the cost of his drop in form.  Still, with a very young inexperienced squad we needed to spend money on better bet than him and its proven a big mistake.  He's a shadow of the player we saw in the euros.

Defense has been outstanding all season bar Lloris' howlers at City.

The midfield has improved with a seasons more experience and i doubt theres a better double pivot in the league than Wanyama/Dembele. IMHO, and with many Spurs fans Dembele is our most important player and has benefitted hugely from the power and physicality of Victor.   I also believe that Eriksen has currently created more goals and chances than any other player in europes top five league although i stand to be corrected if this is no longer the case.  Son, along with Rose is our most improved player.  Who knows whats really going on with Lamela, but possibly a concern for next season.

Upfront Kane needs little comment.  Janssen has been a disappointment but i can see him coming through.  He appears to have the right attitude and is still very young.  He's worth persevering with especially as we have won every game in Kane's absence.

Biggest progression this season is probably in mental strength.  I just can't see us bottling like last season.  Thats all down to the manager.  No other Spurs side i've ever seen would have come back to draw against Swansea, let alone beat them.  This Pochettino side never gives up.

Disappointments are obviously the CL and Europa, and struggling on the bigger Wembley pitch which is a worry for next season.  How will we cope?  I do see us as a better side next season but what of the Wembley effect?  A cause for concern in my eyes.  The low point was an awful shambolic away fixture in the Europa when we naively underestimated an opponent and paid the price.  In the CL where the quality steps up we were shown wanting and inexperienced.

This season will pan out as it will but regardless i see us a much stronger unit next season and its unlikely that we'll lose players because they all seem to have totally bought into the manager and his philosophy.

Edited by carmine