Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Decent turn out, the womens game is really  catching on

especially at grass roots. ÀND they play some decent football.

Was indeed a decent turnout but 35k not 40k as stated. Exaggerating attendances seems to be a common occurrence at Citeh!:wink:

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I'd say defoe is as good as example. Bringing him back to the prem and proving his worth. A step up in many ways too when you compare leagues. 

yep after 6ish? mnths out  he stepped bac up to the prem with the aid of yoga and utilised all the associated benefits and advice  that 'circle'tends to bring, however at 35 to step up  to a 'top four club' remember arguably somewhere he's never really played at, thats a whole diferent ball game. and it's very debatable at that age coming off the bench, he defoaint gonna hold a starting place down,  he'd be able to keep that level up particulary especially joining a regime where fitness, work rate ect are the epicenture of ALL things good. 

14 minutes ago, balo said:

It's a bit sad this , last time on WHL.  Glen Hoddle watching I'm sure feels the same.   And where's Gazza?  

Nothing sad about it, a great team in the making, superb manger and a fantastic new stadium in a year's time.

1-0.

COYS

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If ManU play this right, they'll cement that 6th place they've been desperately holding on to all season.

yeah they dont look particulary good but still have enough about them to 'hang ' in there and nick a result, but as they stand a pretty average team with poor unnatractive tactics.

19 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Thanks for sharing, I thought Tottenham's adoption of youth went a bit further back myself. I still think he'll try to identify an experienced head.

No problem, because if you are so keen to post on this thread you should at least know a little bit about thecmanagers philosophy and the type of player needed to adopt it.  Granted everyone has opinions but when i read yours i thought you were talking about Spurs in 2008 under Redknapp.

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Interesting on this forum that you never see chelsea accused or any other team accussed of buying the Premier, only City. Abromovich has been at chelsea 5 years longer than the sheikh at City, guess he's now been accepted has he.

Oh for heavens sake will you stop whining!!!

And for the record we've been having a pop at the chavs for years but coincidentally, in recent years they seem to have made a greater effort to balance their books.  They've been a little usurped by Man United free spending.

Levy looked furious after the final whistle when the pitch invasion started!  What did he expect?  Everyone to sit calmly in their seats until the Legends Parade?

As for the game,  the scoreline would suggest a close match but infact it was totally one sided,  perhaps a refund to the traveling away support might be appropriate, as he puts the entire season on one game, a game that will define a season of a european trophy and Champions league qualification or a season that will be looked back on as a disaster.  Hardly the scenario the owners would have envisaged when the hired Mourinho but hey ho, the United guys on here seem delighted with the style of play,the results and their perceived progress so good luck to them.

From a Spurs perspective it wasn't interesting to see Eriksen get man marked and impressive seeing how well he coped with it.  Thought Dele was playing too deep in the first half but improved in the second.  Other than that the main talking point was the omission of Walker from the starting line up and word is he's lost his power struggle with the manager and is nailed on to go to City at the right price.  

Edited by carmine

Coingratulations Spurs ,the score flattered United who with a patched up team looked like they just wanted to avoid a flogging.Wasnt until Rashford, Herrara and co came on and Martial went wide that they looked like they might nick a draw.

If Spurs can kep this team together you will go very close to winning it next year.

Crazy that Lingard ,who in my opinion is just  a fringe squad playe,r is on 120,000 quid a week with a 5 yr contract.

I hope your younger players, on far less money, dont get their heads turned when the likes of RM ,Barca ,PSG etc come knocking

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carmine said:

And for the record we've been having a pop at the chavs for years but coincidentally, in recent years they seem to have made a greater effort to balance their books. 

You obviously haven't been taking notice of our posts referring to City being in profit, or world news on teams with debt. You really need to stop throwing out the same old lines and take a proper look at our finances to see what our owner has done. Our books are better balanced than most prem clubs.

Manchester United has highest net debt of any football club in the world, new Uefa report shows

Manchester United has €200million more net debt than any other football club in Europe, new research from Uefa has shown.

The European Club Football Landscape report shows the amount of money the Old Trafford club owes has now grown to €536m (£464m).

While debt levels across the continent have decreased each year for the past five years - something Uefa puts down to its financial fair play regulations - United's has grown by 25 per cent in the past year alone.

Top 10 clubs by debt

1. Manchester United - €536m

2. Benfica - €336m

3. Inter - €306m

4. Valencia - €285m

5. QPR - €279m

6. AC Milan - €249m

7. CSKA Moscow - €224m

8. Galatasaray - €222m

9. Juventus - €209m

10. Roma - €208m

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/manchester-united-debt-uefa-report-european-club-football-landscape-qpr-glazer-family-a7523761.html

This one is the Top 20. City aren't in this list either but Sunderland and Liverpool are.

http://en.as.com/en/2017/01/13/football/1484312280_763896.html

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

You obviously haven't been taking notice of our posts referring to City being in profit, or world news on teams with debt. You really need to stop throwing out the same old lines and take a proper look at our finances to see what our owner has done. Our books are better balanced than most prem clubs.

Manchester United has highest net debt of any football club in the world, new Uefa report shows

Manchester United has €200million more net debt than any other football club in Europe, new research from Uefa has shown.

The European Club Football Landscape report shows the amount of money the Old Trafford club owes has now grown to €536m (£464m).

While debt levels across the continent have decreased each year for the past five years - something Uefa puts down to its financial fair play regulations - United's has grown by 25 per cent in the past year alone.

Top 10 clubs by debt

1. Manchester United - €536m

2. Benfica - €336m

3. Inter - €306m

4. Valencia - €285m

5. QPR - €279m

6. AC Milan - €249m

7. CSKA Moscow - €224m

8. Galatasaray - €222m

9. Juventus - €209m

10. Roma - €208m

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/manchester-united-debt-uefa-report-european-club-football-landscape-qpr-glazer-family-a7523761.html

This one is the Top 20. City aren't in this list either but Sunderland and Liverpool are.

http://en.as.com/en/2017/01/13/football/1484312280_763896.html

I was simply replying to BB's reference to us and Chelsea.  

I'm more interested in how much you will be paying us for Walker and concerned about how much you will pay him because that might unsettle some other players.