Tottenham Thread

chonabot

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I've explained it to you several times alfie. Don't blame me if the information isn't sticking :thumbsup:

It's not a new Academy can't work why you keep claiming it is :

and was responsible for building Manchester City's youth structure, which gained Academy accreditation in 1998.

Now what bit about that don't you understand ? 

Perhaps you don't understand what constitutes an Football Academy :sad::sad:

Even this bloke from City makes no mention of a New Academy, are you sure your not dreaming all of this :biggrin:

Allen states he always believed it would take a decade to produce a consistent supply of first-team footballers. Next year is his 10th as the academy director and he says: “We’re right on [for] that. It takes 10 years to build something solid that’s just not the odd player.  

Edited by alfieconn

56 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well if Walker joins us,

• we can obviously afford him and want him,
  • you get proceeds for your academy,
  • Walker will join a club where he wants to be and might win a few things,

so everybody is happy. :smile:

OR

you will treble his wages cos thats what you lot do

we can use some of the proceeds to strength the depth of our squad cos you lot paid wildly over the odds....again

Walker will leave a club that he didn't really want to leave, but join you because of the vast wages you lot use to lure players but on the basis of this seasons regression and Pep disappointing is far less likely to win something in the near future as he was with Spurs because they are a markedly better side.

Its just too easy dealing with you little jibes, BB.  You just ain't any good at it.

27 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

It's not a new Academy can't work why you keep claiming it is :

and was responsible for building Manchester City's youth structure, which gained Academy accreditation in 1998.

Now what bit about that don't you understand ? 

Perhaps you don't understand what constitutes an Football Academy :sad::sad:

Even this bloke from City makes no mention of a New Academy, are you sure your not dreaming all of this :biggrin:

Allen states he always believed it would take a decade to produce a consistent supply of first-team footballers. Next year is his 10th as the academy director and he says: “We’re right on [for] that. It takes 10 years to build something solid that’s just not the odd player.  

Try googling Man City new academy alfie. Our owners took over in 2008 and totally changed the clubs vision on youth.........................stuff it. I've explained it enough times.

wNO7gesMPRq4AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Try googling Man City new academy alfie. Our owners took over in 2008 and totally changed the clubs vision on youth.........................stuff it. I've explained it enough times.

wNO7gesMPRq4AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Changing the vision on youth and building a new complex doesn't make it a new Academy unless

you got rid of every youngster from the academy and started again hence that would be  a new Academy !!!

An Academy is the young players that train there ! 

Spurs have got a new training complex etc etc, that was built 5 years ago no one calls that a New Academy, is that any different to City's ? probably the only difference is that our Academy has bought a hell of a lot more players through into the first team :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

NO point in talking integrity to man city fans living on ill gotten gains in a publicly funded stadium !! meanwhile spunking away astronomical amounts of money on <deleted> transfers And wherein the table have your morally questionable  gains got u in the prem for the last 2 seasons ? Not below us by any chance. And meanwhile despite an open ended cheque book super saviour pep struggles to put a decent defence together!!. Oh i almost forgot he doesnt coach  tackles!!!!  if it wasnt sad one could laugh.

Serious, hypothetical question. If Spurs were to be taken over by similar a sovereignty  would you continue to support them?

44 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Serious, hypothetical question. If Spurs were to be taken over by similar a sovereignty  would you continue to support them?

Lets not forget uncle joe aint short and CHOOSES to RUN  a proper business  spending only  what it can afford  and frankly Depends what their regime had done, but one things for sure i wouldnt  open endedly  support what they did regardless.

12 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

what absolute nonsense , when was it ever legal to stone someone to death for adultry and when was the death penalty ever in place for homesexuality? If your gonna try and defend the indefensible all in the name of your football club, try and make the conversation rational and balanced , dificult i know but there u go.

I'm not defending anything. I live in Saudi, so I know a little of what goes on in the region.

All I said was "Have you forgotten about british history? It wasn't that long ago that was the same in britain"  I was referring to all kinds of barbaric practices that were happening not that long ago in Britain, not talking solely about stoning. Just have a look on the history of punishments in Britain. You'd be amazed what they used to do to fellow humans.

There are still 13 countries in the world that being gay is punishable by death and 74 countries where it is still illegal. Did you also know "Many countries only criminalise sex between men due to historic penal codes from British colonial rule which define sex as penile penetration." http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/gay-lesbian-bisexual-relationships-illegal-in-74-countries-a7033666.html

Remember the way the British Gov treated Alan Turing and approximately 49,000 other gays at that time.

Again, I am not defending anything what goes on in this region but have you ever thought long and hard about what Britain did?

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hello! Bob's asked a very decent question so let's be having your answer Alfrefo and Carmine.

I am a Spurs supporter that i means i support the team regardless of who the owner's are, i certainly wouldn't stop supporting them if we had rich owners just as i wouldn't if we had poor ones, but i must admit that if we won trophies because of all the money the owners threw at it it would certainly take some of the gloss off it !

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm not defending anything. I live in Saudi, so I know a little of what goes on in the region.

All I said was "Have you forgotten about british history? It wasn't that long ago that was the same in britain"  I was referring to all kinds of barbaric practices that were happening not that long ago in Britain, not talking solely about stoning. Just have a look on the history of punishments in Britain. You'd be amazed what they used to do to fellow humans.

There are still 13 countries in the world that being gay is punishable by death and 74 countries where it is still illegal. Did you also know "Many countries only criminalise sex between men due to historic penal codes from British colonial rule which define sex as penile penetration." http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/gay-lesbian-bisexual-relationships-illegal-in-74-countries-a7033666.html

Remember the way the British Gov treated Alan Turing and approximately 49,000 other gays at that time.

Again, I am not defending anything what goes on in this region but have you ever thought long and hard about what Britain did?

Indeed i have and it really has little or nothing to do with tottenham wheras yours

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I am a Spurs supporter that i means i support the team regardless of who the owner's are, i certainly wouldn't stop supporting them if we had rich owners just as i wouldn't if we had poor ones, 

It was going really good and then we had an Alfie-ism

:smile:

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

but i must admit that if we won trophies because of all the money the owners threw at it it would certainly take some of the gloss off it !

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

On the same note 32 if your gonna chuck all the middle east's differentials at football club owners I think it is you being unrational. Do they get a lot of protesters outside city then?

Enlighten me where i've 'thrown all the middle easts issues at football club owners ' its aimed soley  at man city   i hesitate to use 'diferences' as imo that gives them a form of credibilty

32 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Enlighten me where i've 'thrown all the middle easts issues at football club owners ' its aimed soley  at man city   i hesitate to use 'diferences' as imo that gives them a form of credibilty

Seriously sometimes with discussions with you it feels like I'm dealing with two people. Come on if you need enlightenment on the above something seriously wrong there.

21 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Seriously sometimes with discussions with you it feels like I'm dealing with two people. Come on if you need enlightenment on the above something seriously wrong there.

The only thing 'wrong' is your ability to carry a debate.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said: I am a Spurs supporter that i means i support the team regardless of who the owner's are, i certainly wouldn't stop supporting them if we had rich owners just as i wouldn't if we had poor ones, 

1 hour ago, alfieconn said: but i must admit that  trophies if we woes because of all the money the owners threw at it it would certainly take some of the gloss off it !

1. "If  we won trophies"; ain't going to happen mate! 60 years of history doesn't lie.

2.  " it would certainly take some of the gloss off it" - absolute bollax!  

6 hours ago, carmine said:

OR

you will treble his wages cos thats what you lot do

we can use some of the proceeds to strength the depth of our squad cos you lot paid wildly over the odds....again

Walker will leave a club that he didn't really want to leave, but join you because of the vast wages you lot use to lure players but on the basis of this seasons regression and Pep disappointing is far less likely to win something in the near future as he was with Spurs because they are a markedly better side.

Its just too easy dealing with you little jibes, BB.  You just ain't any good at it.

Err remind me, what have you won with your Spurs "in Podg we trust" exactly. Naff all mate, naff all mate! 

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

The only thing 'wrong' is your ability to carry a debate.

Shush I put you to bed too many times pal your going wayward or maybe 1 Leo is turning into 5 every night maybe. 

59 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Err remind me, what have you won with your Spurs "in Podg we trust" exactly. Naff all mate, naff all mate! 

Well I reckon we will win the Emiratis lottery this summer. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

If we started playing boring defensive foitball the crowd would turn hostile pretty quick.

We understand why teams do it but its not how we like our football at the Lane.

Big money owners well big money is great but balancing the books is long term healthy way to be running.

Would I like to see Ronaldo and Bale in Spurs shirts next season?

Nope not really, happy to see them in City colours though.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1 hour ago, alfieconn said: I am a Spurs supporter that i means i support the team regardless of who the owner's are, i certainly wouldn't stop supporting them if we had rich owners just as i wouldn't if we had poor ones, 

1 hour ago, alfieconn said: but i must admit that  trophies if we woes because of all the money the owners threw at it it would certainly take some of the gloss off it !

1. "If  we won trophies"; ain't going to happen mate! 60 years of history doesn't lie.

MAJOR HONOURS

Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961
The FA Cup Winners: 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
Football League Cup Winners: 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
European Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 1962/1963
UEFA Cup Winners: 1971/1972, 1983/1984
Football League Division Two Champions: 1919/1920, 1949/1950
FA Charity Shield Winners: 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963, 1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint), 1991/1992 (joint)

Yeah so Poch  has been there 3 years, what have you won in the last 3 years despite net spending  300m, naff all trigg, naff all trigg :cheesy: :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Yeah so Poch  has been there 3 years, what have you won in the last 3 years despite net spending  300m, naff all trigg, naff all trigg

In fact Alfie they have won the chance to spend another 300m quid this summer due to their ageing squad.

Poor Citeh, they just haven't got the right management/coaching structure in place with the cogs working smoothly.

Now if you can't make 1st team transition smooth what do you reckon we make of your youth team claims? :goof:

So we've finished 3rd and 2nd  with a net spend of zilcho, with the same net spend  as you of 300m i'm pretty sure we would have won more than you in the last 3 years !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

In fact Alfie they have won the chance to spend another 300m quid this summer due to their ageing squad.

Poor Citeh, they just haven't got the right management/coaching structure in place with the cogs working smoothly.

Now if you can't make 1st team transition smooth what do you reckon we make of your youth team claims? :goof:

No youth team claim's Ron, it's a new academy you know, only 4 years old, best we don't talk about our new Academy :biggrin:

Funny enough, when the Sheiks took over they had a vision for the future, youth is the way they said, they must be wondering why they are still spending bundles every season with the oldest squad in the country, still Walker at 27 should bring the average down :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So we've finished 3rd and 2nd  with a net spend of zilcho, with the same net spend  as you of 300m i'm pretty sure we would have won more than you in the last 3 years !

Well if we could find available players better than who we currently have.

But then we don't really sign like that, we prefer to look for younger players who can mould into our squad.

Our team makes mistakes but the ratio of hit to miss is far better due to the work ethic at the club and that comes from the top down.

The dross will be leaving this summer, oh and one of them is very suspect defensively.

I used to cringe in the CL games when he played lol.

I'm sure he will do well for Trig. :post-4641-1156694572:

Citeh are a bit of a joke as you look at the wealth and compare the signings and have to conclude their youth team are choosing who to sign. :biggrin:

Money, money, money. All you Spurs fans go on about is money. Bunch of tight arss's. You do know we are talking about football here and not who can put the odd penny away in their little piggy banks don't you? Bet you lot look down the back of the cushions every night before going to bed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Money, money, money. All you Spurs fans go on about is money. Bunch of tight arss's. You do know we are talking about football here and not who can put the odd penny away in their little piggy banks don't you? Bet you lot look down the back of the cushions every night before going to bed

We don't need to mate as we never spend any. :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We don't only go on about money, we also go on about how many players we've bought through our Academy, oops sorry our new Academy :biggrin:

• Like 1