Tottenham Thread

chonabot

5 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Well according to posters on here we are skint and in debt, can't afford the stadium etc etc, so we haven't got any cash to flash !

I don't think he/they can make their minds up if we are tight or skint.

Funny but if an upcoming european cup final can't get R2D2 talking about Liverpool over Spurs i wonder what can!!!   He must be ever so interested in how "our problems play out out"......whateverever they are!!:saai:

Edited by carmine

On 5/17/2018 at 2:36 PM, Rc2702 said:

All I know is pochetino is no longer an inexperienced manager and has 9 years and zero trophies to show for it.

At this stage I'm guessing he's looking at the Spurs job and seeing a comfort zone whereby he can potentially compete with his rivals but without the right investments he may not taste success the same way most top sides taste it- winning.

The real Madrid job is a real opportunity for him if LFC win the CL and will provide him the instant challenge he possibly wants and needs as a top manager.

So in essence, you know very little.  Thanks.

btw, our managers name has two t's in it....Pochettino.  Now you now something else.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 1:22 AM, Rc2702 said:

All over twatter Poch on Romans yacht in London now.

Its currently all over my Twitter feed that Chelsea have accepted defeat in their attempts to lure Pochettino.  The Telegraph reports he's also having positive talks with Spurs.

Sorry mate.  But i'm sure we have lots more problems to play out.:sorry:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Its currently all over my Twitter feed that Chelsea have accepted defeat in their attempts to lure Pochettino.  

If the arsenal board hear this i'm sure they'll be in for him

this week.:biggrin:

8 hours ago, carmine said:

I don't think he/they can make their minds up if we are tight or skint.

Funny but if an upcoming european cup final can't get R2D2 talking about Liverpool over Spurs i wonder what can!!!   He must be ever so interested in how "our problems play out out"......whateverever they are!!:saai:

Here he is the man that likes to discuss what topics others discuss instead of the topics themselves. Carmine your aim regarding contributions seems to be " what can I say about the contributor" bit of a weasel about you but I shall say no more other than where the fuuuuck were you during your teams semi. You went awol. Have a lovely Sunday lad I know your defo not on a bar stool waiting for your next victim to sit down. The last one probably jumped off a balcony. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Here he is the man that likes to discuss what topics others discuss instead of the topics themselves. Carmine your aim regarding contributions seems to be " what can I say about the contributor" bit of a weasel about you but I shall say no more other than where the fuuuuck were you during your teams semi. You went awol. Have a lovely Sunday lad I know your defo not on a bar stool waiting for your next victim to sit down. The last one probably jumped off a balcony. 

He's back again lol.

On 14/05/2018 at 11:13 PM, mrbojangles said:

And here he is holding said trophy. Although it's invisible, I think it's quite big

Mauricio-Pochettino.jpg

A reminder for you Spurs fans of what your club should be aspiring to; WINNING A TROPHY - not finishing a few points or places higher than another club. This trophy was won by Chelsea, the team bizarrely you've been trying to ridicule these past few weeks, but on what basis I never could understand.

Maybe next season eh, or the next :smile:

images (3).jpeg

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A reminder for you Spurs fans of what your club should be aspiring to; WINNING A TROPHY - not finishing a few points or places higher than another club. This trophy was won by Chelsea, the team bizarrely you've been trying to ridicule these past few weeks, but on what basis I never could understand.

On the basis that we finished 3rd = C/L

They finished 5th = Europa.

You obviously don't understand the importance of finishing in a C/L

place. It's all about REVENUE.

Conte is probably gonna get sacked straight after their parade after winning the FA Cup but not qualifying for the C/L.

That's how much the domestic cups have been devalued in the modern

game.

17 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Conte is probably gonna get sacked straight after their parade after winning the FA Cup but not qualifying for the C/L.

game.

Chelsea though done something very similar and the next year they were champions so it's a bit rich to be making any comparisons. The truth is they go into the Europa with a very real chance of winning it. That belief is something spurs have never had. I mean the way it's coming across in the media is that not only did spurs over achieve whilst playing 38 away games but they also believed it at spurs and this is the very reason pochetino is guns blazing looking for more commitment to the short term

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why haven't we signed anyone this weekend?

I'm appalled.

Providing you make it out the group and don't get relegated to the Europa yourselves of course redneck

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Providing you make it out the group and don't get relegated to the Europa yourselves of course redneck

Highly unlikely as you well know.

Perhaps we'll get lucky and draw Real Madrid again.

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Chelsea though done something very similar and the next year they were champions so it's a bit rich to be making any comparisons. The truth is they go into the Europa with a very real chance of winning it. That belief is something spurs have never had. I mean the way it's coming across in the media is that not only did spurs over achieve whilst playing 38 away games but they also believed it at spurs and this is the very reason pochetino is guns blazing looking for more commitment to the short term

They don't stand a chance of winning a european trophy on yesterday's performance.

THEY were dismal and fortunate that Utd were even worse.

Edited by RonniePickering22
Forgot you are a Brummie red

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

They don't stand a chance of winning a european trophy on yesterday's performance.

THEY were dismal and fortunate that Utd were even worse.

But  ,got some silverware Plank, when are your Serial Bottlers.or Chokers,going to win some silverware,??? Plank keep on,  pulling your pud

21 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

But  ,got some silverware Plank, when are your Serial Bottlers.or Chokers,going to win some silverware,??? Plank keep on,  pulling your pud

Shouldn't you be concentrating on a new manager and players?

Big sell that Thursday night footy though!

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Just thought i'd give you the news about Poch because you were so keen to see how this plays out!!!  

btw, do you have a brummie accent??

Edited by carmine

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Once again, its Pochettino, two "t's"   

Oh and its  "Chelsea did something"   did you go to school with Evenstevens by any chance? Aside of lego what did they teach you at school in Brumland?

If you persist in coming on this thread to troll at the very least learn to spell.  

11 hours ago, sotsira said:

game.

Revenue.....theres a thing.  Actually, Its very unimportant if you can funnel enormous amounts of cash in via so called sponsorship funds.  Or put another blatantly cheat the system, make a mockery of FFP and in so doing drive up wages and transfer fees and put small clubs out of business....but i digress.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carmine said:

Once again, its Pochettino, two "t's"   

Oh and its  "Chelsea did something"   did you go to school with Evenstevens by any chance? Aside of lego what did they teach you at school in Brumland?

If you persist in coming on this thread to troll at the very least learn to spell.  

Tw@t also has 2. That's you son. A right tw@t. Make sure you spellcheck your responses. Pochetino gets 1 t until he wins s trophy.

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Revenue.....theres a thing.  Actually, Its very unimportant if you can funnel enormous amounts of cash in via so called sponsorship funds.  Or put another blatantly cheat the system, make a mockery of FFP and in so doing drive up wages and transfer fees and put small clubs out of business....but i digress.

When you win stuff companies want to be associated with you and so your sponsorship revenue goes up. It's the way of the world and that's why Man U where always getting the best sponsorship deals. Off Spirs ever win something you'll get a better piece of the pie as well

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

When you win stuff companies want to be associated with you and so your sponsorship revenue goes up. It's the way of the world and that's why Man U where always getting the best sponsorship deals. Off Spirs ever win something you'll get a better piece of the pie as well

Like when you won <deleted> all, yet received an unprecedented record sponsorship deal from Etihad?

7 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Like when you won <deleted> all, yet received an unprecedented record sponsorship deal from Etihad?

Based on the future business plan and that plan succeeded the following year. Everything was investigated by the FFP so stop your snide remarks. You get almost as much as us in shirt sponsorship and that is from your history cos you haven't won anything in bladdy yonks. Might change next week if you win the CL. 

How many Spurs players were picked for the England squad ? Kane, Dier, Alli , Trippier and Rose?

So 5 players from Spurs , just tells you how important this club is for England.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Based on the future business plan and that plan succeeded the following year. Everything was investigated by the FFP so stop your snide remarks. You get almost as much as us in shirt sponsorship and that is from your history cos you haven't won anything in bladdy yonks. Might change next week if you win the CL. 

Based on future business plan, but not trophies won, as mentioned. Likewise, other Abu Dhabi government owned assets decided to sponsor a team that won <deleted> all such as First Gulf Bank, Etisalat, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority, Abaar Investments etc. I think  Arabtec another UAE giant was persuaded after at least one trophy. Amazing how the UAE really got behind you, if only other owners could be so persuasive in their own countries, bit more difficult seeing as they don't own those countries.

Pardon us if we don't marvel at City's success from a business standpoint.  

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Pardon us if we don't marvel at City's success from a business standpoint.  

Not asking you to marvel just stop throwing sheite.

And pardon me if I hope RM give you a spanking at w/e :wink:

• Like 1