Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Everton will pay top dollar however.

I'd take Martial if Poch wants him which clearly he does...just the first of a few deals this summer though hopefully!

What value Martial in the deal however?

Less than half the value.  They paid 30m+ when he was good and then Mourinho turned him into a wreck

I can't really understand why Mourinho wants to keep Martial. Its not like he actually knows what to do with him.  Perhaps he's a sadist or more likely is frightened of yet another young player he's trashed being vastly improved under a different manager.  Lets face it, the world beating Mourinho rejects are beginning to form an all star team!!  Or maybe its part of some "bigger picture" like at Chelsea!?

• Confused 1

Just now, carmine said:

Less than half the value.  They paid 30m+ when he was good and then Mourinho turned him into a wreck

I can't really understand why Mourinho wants to keep Martial. Its not like he actually knows what to do with him.  Perhaps he's a sadist or more likely is frightened of yet another young player he's trashed being vastly improved under a different manager.  Lets face it, the world beating Mourinho rejects are beginning to form an all star team!!  Or maybe its part of some "bigger picture" like at Chelsea!?

Yes nail on the head....Martial will come to us and bang in 20 goals next season.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Everton will pay top dollar however.

I'd take Martial if Poch wants him which clearly he does...just the first of a few deals this summer though hopefully!

What value Martial in the deal however?

Do you remember R2D2 having Toby down for a transfer fee of about 20m!!  He really is a brummie!!?

Edited by carmine

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes nail on the head....Martial will come to us and bang in 20 goals next season.

All jokes apart, Mourinho's just got to be nervous about letting another young player leave as a failure under him and then go on to excel under another.  It must have gotten embarrassing.  

Martial would add more depth to the squad from an attacking 

perspective, but we already have Son, Lucas, Lamela and Dele

who can play in the wider positions.

I purposely didn't include Eriksen cos he's the first name on the team sheet whereas the other 4 can find a position to play along side him.

So question is do we need a Martial type player?

Can he be played up front as an alternative to Kane?

If Poch thinks so, then fair enough get him.

Our priority atm should be a new CM player if Dembele is leaving,

and a replacement for Toby.

3 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Martial would add more depth to the squad from an attacking 

perspective, but we already have Son, Lucas, Lamela and Dele

who can play in the wider positions.

I purposely didn't include Eriksen cos he's the first name on the team sheet whereas the other 4 can find a position to play along side him.

So question is do we need a Martial type player?

Can he be played up front as an alternative to Kane?

If Poch thinks so, then fair enough get him.

Our priority atm should be a new CM player if Dembele is leaving,

and a replacement for Toby.

Well another question will be in the event of Dembele leaving will Poche consider a deeper midfield role for Eriksen because in the absence of Dembele who's going to control the pace of the game if not Eriksen?

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well another question will be in the event of Dembele leaving will Poche consider a deeper midfield role for Eriksen because in the absence of Dembele who's going to control the pace of the game if not Eriksen?

A replacement will be bought for sure....Eriksen won't be playing deeper.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

In all fairness BB if you don't understand that post you must be a bit thick lad!!!

Still thanks for the learned input....an confused emoticon!!  Some people go through their entire lives confused i hear!!?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

In all fairness BB if you don't understand that post you must be a bit thick lad!!!

Still thanks for the learned input....an confused emoticon!!  Some people go through their entire lives confused i hear!!?

Mourinho, Martial?

Unsure  if BB here is me or Bob, if me then how am i involved? 

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Presumed guilty lol.

Bless, he got confused understanding the rather glaringly obvious situation that Mourinho hasn't exactly done a great job with Martial and doesn't seem to know how to fit him in the side.......quite whats confused BB is beyond me!!!?

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Bless, he got confused understanding the rather glaringly obvious situation that Mourinho hasn't exactly done a great job with Martial and doesn't seem to know how to fit him in the side.......quite whats confused BB is beyond me!!!?

Martial was improving year on year and has stagnated in the last 18 months which must be a huge concern to him.

Poch will get him firing for sure!

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

What's  confusing is:

1. why you referred in your post to BB, and,

2. do you mean Bob or me, and,

3. if you mean me what have i got  to  do  with your discussion on Mourinho  and Martial?

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Martial was improving year on year and has stagnated in the last 18 months which must be a huge concern to him.

Poch will get him firing for sure!

I'm not sure if i care either way.  My concern is a replacement for Dembele if he goes.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What's  confusing is:

1. why you referred in your post to BB, and,

2. do you mean Bob or me, and,

3. if you mean me what have i got  to  do  with your discussion on Mourinho  and Martial?

You used a confused sign on my post!!!  What do you think i was referring to?!!!!!! #28891  are you on a sunday afternoon wind up?

Edited by carmine

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

So, Toby and Bailly in front of de Gea. I don't much like that.

Maybe Levy can find a better deal elsewhere.......:unsure:

Bailly is always injured though!  But yes, fit, and throw in the brilliant young right back from Porto that they are closing in on and they would be looking very nice.

Have to say i really don't want him moving anywhere in this league.

Edited by carmine

27 minutes ago, carmine said:

Bailly is always injured though!  But yes, fit, and throw in the brilliant young right back from Porto that they are closing in on and they would be looking very nice.

Have to say i really don't want him moving anywhere in this league.

I would shave 10m off the price and send him to Spain.

Agreed its not Martial we need but a midfield playmaker.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I would shave 10m off the price and send him to Spain.

Agreed its not Martial we need but a midfield playmaker.

But still pace to get behind the defense. Without it Spurs have to bang on the door so long to get it to open. I don't think that little Brazilian you picked up is the answer.

22 minutes ago, jellydog said:

But still pace to get behind the defense. Without it Spurs have to bang on the door so long to get it to open. I don't think that little Brazilian you picked up is the answer.

We're 7/1 to buy Bale the battering ram.

Who'd have thunk it eh??

16 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We're 7/1 to buy Bale the battering ram.

Who'd have thunk it eh??

It'll never happen ! The man bunnish, speedo sportin' traitor orchestrated his way out of Spurs without a sign of regret. Persona non grata in my book.

Just now, jellydog said:

It'll never happen ! The man bunnish, speedo sportin' traitor orchestrated his way out of Spurs without a sign of regret. Persona non grata in my book.

You reckon take it at 12's then?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jellydog said:

He's definitely a good option.  A question many Spurs fans are wondering is why Poch doesn't play him more because he always makes a considerable impact when he comes on, but i see him as much more than an impact sub.

17 hours ago, carmine said:

You used a confused sign on my post!!!  What do you think i was referring to?!!!!!! #28891  are you on a sunday afternoon wind up?

Ah with you now. Actually my confused sign against your post didn't mean I was confused, it indicated  that I thought your post that stated that Mourinho was "Perhaps he's a sadist" was confused! ?

Gazza says we're selling Kane for 100m quid.

We won't be buying anyone either as Joe wants a new yacht as Collymore reported yesterday.

He's going to take Paul Merson and that <deleted> <deleted> from the Sun on a cruise.

Poch is off to Madrid tomorrow and we're signing no oneeeee.

Bring me the head of Bredbury Flue....its all I have left....I set the bounty at a crate of Leo!! ?

• Haha 1