Tottenham Thread

chonabot

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Thats the lad from Schalke isn't it.  Supposed to be a real talent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zaha left Palace for Chelsea.

Not only a talent but young with sell on value a la Daniel.

Zaha won't be going anywhere unless a huge offer goes in I think which the chavs haven't done for a while.

The rouble did take a hit didn't it!!

Mateo Kovacic says he doesn't want to play for Mourinho and has rejected a move to United.  

Theres clearly a real opportunity the get this player and in a key position for us.  it would also allow us to move Dembele on.

If we are serious in the transfer market this really is a deal we should be doing.  He ticks all the boxes.

This window to me is all about the owners backing the manager and rewarding him for his endeavors and if the sole incoming is an unproven lad from Villa i would conclude he's been let down badly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Mateo Kovacic says he doesn't want to play for Mourinho and has rejected a move to United.  

Theres clearly a real opportunity the get this player and in a key position for us.  it would also allow us to move Dembele on.

If we are serious in the transfer market this really is a deal we should be doing.  He ticks all the boxes.

This window to me is all about the owners backing the manager and rewarding him for his endeavors and if the sole incoming is an unproven lad from Villa i would conclude he's been let down badly.

From what Poch said in this article the lack of transfers is not down to him, so if Levy doesn't come up with a few goodies before the season start's  then i think it could be adios for next season especially if someone like PSG comes calling !

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mauricio-pochettino-not-the-person-to-explain-tottenham-transfer-woes-a3903151.html

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

From what Poch said in this article the lack of transfers is not down to him, so if Levy doesn't come up with a few goodies before the season start's  then i think it could be adios for next season especially if someone like PSG comes calling !

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mauricio-pochettino-not-the-person-to-explain-tottenham-transfer-woes-a3903151.html

I agree.  If we lose Poch its down to Levy not holding up to his end of the bargain.  I think this is plain for everyone to see.  And I'm not at all sure that when he asked the club to be brave in the market he meant waiting to the last gasp and pulling off a deal.  My take on what Poch meant in that post semi final interview was go out there and buy quality with intent.

What Levy appears to be doing is exactly what he's always done before.  I really hope i'm wrong.  If i was the manager i would not be Spurs, despite towing the party line till the window closes.

Rather disturbingly Donna-Maria Cullen says Spurs do not need to spend big because of the quality of the academy!!

So, is the boards take on being brave spending zip and making the manager field 17yo kids in the league and CL?!!!  Skipp might be extremely talented but he's a kid with zero premier league experience.

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Total no brainer this one....he's a fantastic player.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The way this is going we'll be talking about Skipp as a seasoned pro by October.

Poch has just clearly given the club a strong nudge....up to Levy now as I'm sure Poch has given him the names!

It closes on thursday and one way or tother we start the season unsettled.  We are never in a position to hit the ground running.

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

It closes on thursday and one way or tother we start the season unsettled.  We are never in a position to hit the ground running.

I don't see that mattering much if we bring in one or two players of real quality.

Not holding my breath though.

I think we'll see some of our younger stars look to agitate for moves if the ambition is Grealish...honestly its truly disheartening.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't see that mattering much if we bring in one or two players of real quality.

Not holding my breath though.

I think we'll see some of our younger stars look to agitate for moves if the ambition is Grealish...honestly its truly disheartening.

If thats it i will be gutted so what would the manager and senior players make of it?  Being brave is trying to screw a cut price deal for a 21yo from a championship side.

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

If thats it i will be gutted so what would the manager and senior players make of it?  Being brave is trying to screw a cut price deal for a 21yo from a championship side.

Levy will then come out blaming the early transfer window.

I can see it all in my crystal ball.

Its now been widely reported we offered Toby 140k a week but he wants 180k.

Apparently Man Yoo are unhappy with this as well according to the press bs....all hilarious stuff.

I reckon he'll be starting next weekend.

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Apparently Man Yoo are unhappy with this as well according to the press bs....all hilarious stuff.

Just give the lad the extra 40k and be done with it. Annoying Mourinho the better part of that scenario.:tongue:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its great isn't it!!  A 29yo bloke who's not happy earning 140k a week!!!    This whole sport has gone crazy.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its great isn't it!!  A 29yo bloke who's not happy earning 140k a week!!!    This whole sport has gone crazy.

The gimp from Spain Man Yoo were trying to buy has a monkey on his back who demanded a huge fee for himself....likely more than the extra 10m quid for Toby.

In a way you could say he pushed through this 60m deal for our Belgian which is rather ironic.

If Toby can agree terms that is! :cheesy:

^even selling him abroad for 25m quid next summer is vastly preferable to a deal.

But the article you posted said he has "just nine months remaining on his contract...warned he will refuse to sign a new contract" so won't he be a free agent next summer and not a spurs player?

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^even selling him abroad for 25m quid next summer is vastly preferable to a deal.

But the article you posted said he has "just nine months remaining on his contract...warned he will refuse to sign a new contract" so won't he be a free agent next summer and not a spurs player?

We have a one year extension option which triggers a 25m quid fee option for him.

Bearing in mind we bought him for 11.5m we still win whatever happens.

I'd just rather see Man Yoo lose.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We have a one year extension option which triggers a 25m quid fee option for him.

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I've been thinking this all along that it's better to keep him for another year than to sell him to an epl rival.

Then get 25M for him next summer to a European club.

Levy & Poch should know that selling your best players to rivals isn't

the way to progress they only need to look at Arsenal in the last 10yrs who have been doing just that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sotsira said:

I've been thinking this all along that it's better to keep him for another year than to sell him to an epl rival.

the way to progress they only need to look at Arsenal in the last 10yrs who have been doing just that. 

I don't disagree with any of that, but management has already stepped on a turd by their silly behavior with Toby at the end of last season.

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

The thing is if he doesn't go to Man U who is the biggest loser ? we lose approx 25m or perhaps even more and for a player who might not even play this season !

Anyway here are some interesting figs on the matter :

Significant players (+£10m) sold to PL rivals current top 6 in last 10 years Arsenal 7 Chelsea 6 Liverpool 3 Spurs 2 United 2 City 1