do you still know/ care whats going on in the rest of the world?

Crazy chef 1

yes i read the world news every day but have to admit it's getting less and less important to me. i live here in a kind of micro cosmos and the devaluation of certain currencies,religious conflicts or problems in my home country doesn't effect me at all.am i ignorant ot just pragmatic?

as example i told my wife about the huge blizzard heading towards New York and she replied :aha...than i asked her where NY is and she guessed France or England...at first i was i bit dissapointed about her lacking geographical knowledge but than I thought what difference makes it if she knows where big apple is,or London,Paris,Berlin...nothing at all..but she knows how to master her/ our life...which knowledge is important what is necessary to know???

Edited by Crazy chef 1
  • Like 1

Sorry the op was too complicated. I got lost after the word "yes".

Can you rephrase cc ?

for you -with the greatest pleasure: do you still give a <deleted> <deleted>what is going on in the rest of the world,do ya?

No, never did.

• Like 1

A friend of mine had his travel disrupted while transitting New York. Some of us still live in the modern world.

I find I am more involved in world news now than I ever was back in the Old Country - SARS, tsunamis, airport occupations, occupations in the city centre... Back in the Old Country, CNN never carried any news of relevance to me.

SC

Oddly enough, when I am in Thailand there is little I care about in the rest of the world. Football and rugby are two of the main things apart from the FX rates.

Yet, when in the UK, I take in the news about the rest of the world.

I'm always interested of what is happening around the world.

Yes, Thailand and family is good but I don't live in a bubble ignoring the other world.

Have to say here that TVF is a good source of information, not only about Thailand but also for what is happening in other parts of the world.

Yes, Thailand and family is good but I don't live in a bubble ignoring the other world.

Have to say here that TVF is a good source of information, not only about Thailand but also for what is happening in other parts of the world.

i'm also interested but i don't really care what is going on outside anymore...

i'm also interested but i don't really care what is going on outside anymore...

You are contradicting yourself now Chef,

If you don't care, you are not interested.

And may I remind you that some of the incidents happening around the globe can effect you and your family.

Nobody is isolated on this earth, we are all linked together, either we want to admit it or not.

I don't know. I find it interesting to watch what is going on around the world but to be honest I don’t care either. Caring seems to imply at least an emotional investment or perhaps taking sides in what is going on. I am not cheering for one side over the other, or lamenting how things have changed.

I can’t see the point in pontificating about where the world is headed or what people should be doing about it. I would think people with children might be more invested in what the future holds but that doesn’t mean they have any influence over what happens. Some of us are just dispassionate observers but we are still observers.
I guess I feel that by keeping informed and up to date it is easier to understand what happens in life because there is a continuing timeline and context which would be missing if you dropped out completely.
Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

Sorry the op was too complicated. I got lost after the word "yes".

Can you rephrase cc ?

for you -with the greatest pleasure: do you still give a <deleted> <deleted>what is going on in the rest of the world,do ya?
No, never did.

Neverdieneverdid

Yeah, I watch the BBC news most mornings. It often makes me pleased that I live here.

You should try watching Fox news ..........

Why watch FOX? It is the same crap with a conservative slant. I am far from liberal but FOX is over the top the opposite way from CNN or BBC. In other words I don't watch an of it.

Yeah, I watch the BBC news most mornings. It often makes me pleased that I live here.

You won't get any unbiased news on the beeb, get a broader view of the world with RT.

The funny thing about the bbc is that everybody seems to think it's biased, but they never seem to agree who it's biased towards.

Jake, WB, rugby IS football. Stop confusing people. Rugby is also the only connection an expat needs to the real world. All the rest is just clutter.

6 nations this week. YAY!! thumbsup.gif

World cup soon - England to rule!! whistling.gif

Isn't life grand.

And football too laugh.png (Soccer to the funny folk w00t.gif )