Prayut says Yingluck can't leave Thailand if she faces trial in court

webfact

If someone wants to leave Thailand they can always get out easily enough.

Immigration don't even check inside the car at Nong Kai when crossing into Laos. Not once in 2 years did they check.

Of course that blows the excuse "they want her to leave" out of the water. Time for the excuses to scurry like rats onto the next sinking ship of excuses.

Not a single poster to this thread suggested "they want her to leave". blink.png

paraphrased: "Well, now, I'm going to criticize my own imaginary enemies (oh, boy-- I can't wait for the 'likes' from my imaginary friends!). That's the ticket, I'll call my imaginary enemies 'rats', and declare the imaginary rats are 'scurrying' -- what a whopper -- and let's see, yeah--they're scurrying onto an imaginary 'sinking ship'. This is better than Shakespeare and satire combined!! Woo-hoo! I'll diminish my imaginary enemies by saying "scurrying" and "rats" yeah, that implies insignificance, and "sinking ship" -- wow, that's a real zinger! I imagine my imaginary friends really like my fantastic and permanent shutdown of my imaginary enemies. But how can it be more ironical?" I know, I'll sign all my posts "May PEACE and reconciliation be with you" That'll trap them all red rats for good.

I don't imagine that escaping from Thailand is in her or her brother's best interests. He is "in exile" so that he may continue his activities in Thailand from abroad. She is and never was a leader, just baby sis doing as told, and an attractive darling for the redshirts, more symbolic than anything.

I think everyone from both sides knows that if she is eventually convicted and sentenced, she would likely be under some sort of very loose "house arrest" where she would be able to essentially live her life out freely at home. The last thing the current administration wants is to have her locked up to become a living martyr for her brother and his cause.

Musing aloud, could it be that Yingluck is rather more interested in politics than many here believe, and has calculated that a spell in (what may be a not too uncomfortable) prison may be very good for her political future?

Certainly the worst thing for the Junta would be an Internationally and domestically recognised political martyr.

With their stumbling and bumbling they have probably done that already. And the lady is becoming a major thorn in their side.

Without actually doing anything!

Has she even indicated any desire to leave? It seems that the only ones talking about her leaving are those who would benefit from such a move. To their disappointment, she has not left, nor indicated a desire to do so.

On the contrary, she has left twice with-permission since the coup, and both times been reported as having met with her brother & visited countries not originally scheduled, the government has in fact been very tolerant. wink.png

My comment was based in the present, not in the past. Has she recently expressed any desire to leave the country? The answer is, of course, NO.

You mean to suggest that, although she's expressed a desire & been given permission and has actually gone, twice in the past several months ... that now she's been impeached and stands accused of corruption over her management of the rice-scheme, she has suddenly changed her mind & no-longer wants to take her son away for holidays, or to go and meet her brother ?

Seriously ? blink.png

Would you care to suggest why her established pattern of travel might have changed, she was after all famous while in-office for globe-trotting, and many might think that past behaviour gives a good indication of likely future-behaviour ?

• Like 1

There can never be a just impeachment of Yingluk as long as her Coup leader is in charge of Thailand. Prayut has placed 50% milutary men throughout the political & legal system. There is no possibility of a fair trial for Yingluk. If I was her, Dubai looks awfully good!!

Er, pardon. Can you confirm the link where you got the information from that 50% of the people in the legal system have been replaced with military men please?

Or did you just make that up? Because it ain't true.

• Like 2

How could ANYONE of sound mind possibly believe she would get a fair trial in Thailand?

Would anyone here be happy to stand trial in a court stacked with your enemies?

PTP and Thaksin's PR machine claim every court is biased against them, every decision made by any court that the don't like is political; that Yingluck and the rest of the gang never did or do anything wrong, break the law, break the rules and are totally transparent.

Would anyone of sound mind believe that? From self confessed liars?

PTP prefer a general amnesty followed by courts, prosecutors and investigators who are their mates, they put into office and who like pastries delivered. Only when they dictate the decisions will they say it's fair. And then, oddly enough, all the decisions would go their way.

• Like 1

Musing aloud, could it be that Yingluck is rather more interested in politics than many here believe, and has calculated that a spell in (what may be a not too uncomfortable) prison may be very good for her political future?

Certainly the worst thing for the Junta would be an Internationally and domestically recognised political martyr.

With their stumbling and bumbling they have probably done that already. And the lady is becoming a major thorn in their side.

Without actually doing anything!

As a result of doing absolutely nothing in office except prance around, she was wrecking the country turning a blind eye to graft left, right and center.

Has she even indicated any desire to leave? It seems that the only ones talking about her leaving are those who would benefit from such a move. To their disappointment, she has not left, nor indicated a desire to do so.

On the contrary, she has left twice with-permission since the coup, and both times been reported as having met with her brother & visited countries not originally scheduled, the government has in fact been very tolerant. wink.png

My comment was based in the present, not in the past. Has she recently expressed any desire to leave the country? The answer is, of course, NO.

You mean to suggest that, although she's expressed a desire & been given permission and has actually gone, twice in the past several months ... that now she's been impeached and stands accused of corruption over her management of the rice-scheme, she has suddenly changed her mind & no-longer wants to take her son away for holidays, or to go and meet her brother ?

Seriously ? blink.png

Would you care to suggest why her established pattern of travel might have changed, she was after all famous while in-office for globe-trotting, and many might think that past behaviour gives a good indication of likely future-behaviour ?

It appears I must clarify further, for the simple-minded folk. Last year, I had plans and went on holiday abroad. This year, I have no such plans. My co-worker, who wants to take over my position, is constantly making comments designed to entice me to travel again this year. I have expressed no desire to travel THIS YEAR, even though I have traveled in the past.

I thought when somebody faces a trial..you know like dragging a policeman along the road in your Ferrari until they are dead...you simply say your ill then go on 'holiday' to Singapore to wait it out.

Thats not the right way? Who knew?

Prayuth's so-called "justice system" was created by the NCPO after it abolished the legislative and judicial systems prescribed by the 2007 Constitution. Yingluck is tried by the NLA for acts violating the 2007 constitution while the NLA has no authority under the same constitution to do so - the NLA does not exist under the 2007 constitution. The NCPO makes all the rules of law and affronts people's intelligence that it has no connection with the creation of those rules. I do not believe Thais are really so knowingly gullible.

• Like 1

What? But I want to attend the opening ceremony of the Olympics next year.

Too bad for former PM Yingluck that her brother has already used up that excuse. If she's able to leave at all, it will be illegally. Can you imagine how angry at her brother she will be when sitting in prison on a five to ten years sentence? If I were Prayut, I would rub it in by offering amnesty for Yingluck if Thaksin comes back to serve his time (and be charged with all the crimes her his rubber stamp Parliament tried to pardon). As we all know, he would refuse such an offer; even to free his 'patsy' youngest sister, whom he is supposed to protect and watch out for because she is 'nong'. He is as low as a snake's belly, that Thaksin. One doesn't have to like the PDRC, Yellow Shirts, Democrats, Suthep, etc., to find Thaksin's behavior over the last twenty years revolting. He made a ton of money off early/inside knowledge that the country was letting the Baht float in 1997.

How difficult would it be for her to leave Thailand without the Junta's permission? Her brother could just send a yacht to pick her up from any beach at night or she could cross the Mekong river a dark night on a small long tail boat to Laos or by a speed boat from Trat to Cambodia, it's not exactly like trying to escape from Alcatraz.

I guess they should first let Ms. Yingluck go to Supreme Court for Political Office Holders to hear and acknowledge the charge, before even considering a request to travel abroad. That way if Ms. Yingluck's return gets unexpectedly delayed at least the court case can proceed.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

I guess they should first let Ms. Yingluck go to Supreme Court for Political Office Holders to hear and acknowledge the charge, before even considering a request to travel abroad. That way if Ms. Yingluck's return gets unexpectedly delayed at least the court case can proceed.

Some people believe the general wants her to run, and not come back. Solves a lot of problems for him.

I do not know Thailand's politics at all....and probably will never learn about...but....I cannot decide yet if Prayut inclinations are by the YELLOW side or the RED side......Like I said a while ago...before May last year..

I hope he is, or will become ORANGE.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously ? blink.png

It appears I must clarify further, for the simple-minded folk. Last year, I had plans and went on holiday abroad. This year, I have no such plans. My co-worker, who wants to take over my position, is constantly making comments designed to entice me to travel again this year. I have expressed no desire to travel THIS YEAR, even though I have traveled in the past.

Oh dear, and just a week or so later, despite your protestations, Yingluck is reported in Khaosod to be wanting to go on a trip to Hong Kong.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1423386034&section=11&typecate=06

who say "Yingluck was believed to be planning a trip to Hong Kong to meet her brother, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra."

I guess perhaps us "simple-minded folk" were right after all ! facepalm.gif

• Like 2