" A morning stroll through Bangkok's Benjakiti Park....

canarysun

"asoke bts" nope not going. i cant see any necessity to provoke the pee police unnecessarily.

Thank you for not coming around my neighborhood .... no one needs rabid old goat around cheesy.gif

you're welcome to all the pee police for your little own lonesum self

Where you get of the BTS and exit at street level is on the opposite side of the road to the pee police.

I venture past Asoke most days and haven't see sight of the pee police for a number of weeks now.

Tho I did walk past a couple of BIB last night hanging around Sukhumvit at about Soi 26 or so, tho they were on the corner of a dead end street.

What's unusual about it?

relatively deserted on a weekday afternoon.

always enjoyed this park. one of the few places i could go to relax without having to deal with people, listen to their voices or hawkers.

• Like 1

Thanks for the topic. I enjoy the park as a nice escape from the hustle and bustle.

MRT Queen Sirikit Station is a 50 meter walk from the park. Much closer than BTS Asoke. Exit at the QS National Convention Center and walk north past the parking lot.

They also have some reasonably nice (amusement park grade) rowboats and canoes for rent at 40 baht for 1/2 hour, in addition to rental (entry level grade) bicycles at 40 baht per hour.

Or, you can go for one of those gaudy swan head paddle boats for the same 40 baht per half hour.

• Like 1

Thanks for the topic. I enjoy the park as a nice escape from the hustle and bustle.

MRT Queen Sirikit Station is a 50 meter walk from the park. Much closer than BTS Asoke. Exit at the QS National Convention Center and walk north past the parking lot.

They also have some reasonably nice (amusement park grade) rowboats and canoes for rent at 40 baht for 1/2 hour, in addition to rental (entry level grade) bicycles at 40 baht per hour.

Or, you can go for one of those gaudy swan head paddle boats for the same 40 baht per half hour.

Now i thought that those " gaudy swan head paddle boats " were quite cool...............( and of course " very romantic " if you are taking a lady to the park ) But i didn't see any bicycles for rent.

F.J wub.png " feeling romantic ".... x

I like that park. Do my walk there at least 5 days a week. 4 times around the lake and now most of the left over stuff from the show they had a couple of months ago is gone it is almost back to normal.

Thank god for that. Almost 3 months of putting the stage together and so far about 40 days to get rid of it.

Total mess.

Yes - nice park and under-used during the day. But all that stuff from the show has made it impossible to ride or run circuits for months.

Good place for photos - often used for the traditional Graduation photos.

Different to other parks in BKK as it has a large boating lake, a 2k cycle track and a half-pipe for skateboards. As the OP says - worth a visit and very quiet from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Now i thought that those " gaudy swan head paddle boats " were quite cool...............( and of course " very romantic " if you are taking a lady to the park ) But i didn't see any bicycles for rent.

F.J wub.png " feeling romantic ".... x

You didn't see the bikes? There's a large selection available from a kiosk near the boats. Kind of hard to miss.

• Like 2

Now i thought that those " gaudy swan head paddle boats " were quite cool...............( and of course " very romantic " if you are taking a lady to the park )

I'm thinking a row boat, a '20s straw hat, and a ukulele. She's rowing and I'm strumming. Right out of a movie set in Central Park.

But that never happens in real life.

• Like 1

Yes - nice park and under-used during the day. But all that stuff from the show has made it impossible to ride or run circuits for months.

So all that crap has been lying there for months - how come? I just went the other day for first time in over a year on my bike, and the congestion of joggers and bikers at north end of circuit all on the bike track with the jogger track blocked has put me off going back. When ever that rubbish is fixed I'll look again at doing some circuits on my bike. It used to be good.

• Like 1

Great park, you can cut all the way through from the tobacco monopoly from the bottom of soi 4. Don't forget to walk/run/ride clockwise if you want to keep the local circumambulators (is that word?) happy.

Are you sure you are in the right park ?

This park has walkers and joggers going anti clockwise while riders go clockwise.

come to mention it , did you see any toliets in the park ? i didn't this morning, MRT also works to cross the road from soi 22 area, s'what i done did......

"asoke bts" nope not going. i cant see any necessity to provoke the pee police unnecessarily.

Thank you for not coming around my neighborhood .... no one needs rabid old goat around cheesy.gif
you're welcome to all the pee police for your little own lonesum self

come to mention it , did you see any toliets in the park ? i didn't this morning, MRT also works to cross the road from soi 22 area, s'what i done did......

3 sets of toilets in the park that I know of. One across the bike track by the bike renters hut, one close by the skate park and one where the exercise equipment is.

Or you can use the big one in the middle of the jogging track.

come to mention it , did you see any toilets in the park ?

Duck into the adjacent Convention Center for a wide selection of very nice toilets, and several nice choices for coffee, and a pretty nice lunch buffet. On the other end of the building, a mall style food court, magazine stand, and Boots pharmacy...

Very satisfying buffet is 420 baht, except Sunday brunch, when it's 600 baht. I've enjoyed it each time I've eaten there, though I have never tried it on Sunday. (Don't hate me if the numbers are no longer current- plenty of other reasons for that)

Simply put, Benjakiti Park is a great place to spend some time in BKK.

• Like 1

So all that crap has been lying there for months - how come? I just went the other day for first time in over a year on my bike, and the congestion of joggers and bikers at north end of circuit all on the bike track with the jogger track blocked has put me off going back. When ever that rubbish is fixed I'll look again at doing some circuits on my bike. It used to be good.

Wonder if someone from Parks and Recreation has read this? Suddenly, all that crap mentioned above is gone this week. Full circuits for joggers and bikers back in order.smile.png

• Like 1

It is a great park...my only complaint is that for years they LOCK the gate closest to the Tobacco Monopoly soi 4 end except for a few hours a day...WHY they do this is beyond comprehension as there is a guard house right by the gate and a guard sitting there most of the time...

.I have seen many farangs and many Thais try to enter or exit there to no avail so you have to go all the way around to the asoke exit, go down a crappy set of steps along a stinky canal and walk through the neighborhood there to exit on the tobacco monopoly side closest to Soi 4...makes no sense at all but continues year after year.

• Like 2

Nice post canary sun. But two Ts or one? Some folks believe its spelt with only one T but the OPs photo of the park sign clearly shows two Ts. Nothing to be concerned about, its time to chill out... so i am heading there for a morning stroll also.

• 1 month later...

What's unusual about it?

Well i have explored all the Parks in Bangkok and probably most of them in Thailand.But Benjakiti park had that feeling you were in America.The Park was a very different style to the others which made it unusual ( but absolutely fabulous as all the parks are in Bangkok...)

Being " unusual " is one of the greatest compliments in the world today....

F.J wub.png

You've never been to America, have you? If you think anything in Bangkok is even remotely like America... Keep taking the pills.

where can I get some of these 'pills' ?

What's unusual about it?

Well i have explored all the Parks in Bangkok and probably most of them in Thailand.But Benjakiti park had that feeling you were in America.The Park was a very different style to the others which made it unusual ( but absolutely fabulous as all the parks are in Bangkok...)

Being " unusual " is one of the greatest compliments in the world today....

F.J wub.png

You've never been to America, have you? If you think anything in Bangkok is even remotely like America... Keep taking the pills.