Martial law to be strictly enforced

Lite Beer

He's looking more and more like the new leader of Egypt Sisi.

Don't talk nonsense.

Thailand was at the brink of civil war - courtesy of corrupt politicians on both sides.

Now Thailand is at peace. Well boo-hoo if Surapong can't put his spoon in the sh!t again.

Total BS, Thailand was nowhere near a civil war. The disturbances could have been quelled and elections held without a military coup, but then Prayuth wouldn't be in charge, and he wants to be in charge for reasons that have nothing to do with democracy or corruption.

absolutely.

• Like 1

"Report of an attempt to hold campaign to encourage the public to wear red shirts every Sunday". Where did this come from...???..???.. Who in their right mind would wear RED shirts in Bangkok?

Right now - you can wear any color shirt you want in Bangkok.

Of course, this time last year - that might have gotten you shot or had someone throw a grenade at you.

Things are much better now.

like this woman...

21.jpg

Don't talk nonsense.

Thailand was at the brink of civil war - courtesy of corrupt politicians on both sides.

Now Thailand is at peace. Well boo-hoo if Surapong can't put his spoon in the sh!t again.

hilarious.do you realize how many rallied in Egypt?in Thailand few thousands here and there 20,000 maybe at the most packed rally

Edited by kaobang

JT, I can only speak for myself here as to why feel the need to take sides.

I live in this country, got married in this country, build my house in this country and I'm happy and content living here.

Now, for the past 8 years being here I witnessed, unrest, killings social disorder.

About 6 months ago a coup took place and everything changed.

No more killings no more fighting.

That is the reason that I'm taking sides and feel more secure and happy under the rule of this government, because it affects my life.

You'd have to be from communist Greece to be blind to the long game here.

I think it's failrly clear Costas has no clue about democracy.

Given the fact that Greece was the birthplace of it, his rants are truly bizarre.

I am Greek as well, and not surprised by his comments, even though I vehemently disagree with them.

• Like 1

Don't talk nonsense.

hilarious.do you realize how many rallied in Egypt?in Thailand few thousands here and there 20,000 maybe at the most packed rally

no no the were millions on the streets in BKK ... millions i tell you, the media here said so coffee1.gif

"Attitude adjustment" welcome to the new adjustment bureau!

I would like to send my Thai wife to this new bureau for an "Attitude adjustment", she is not performing as well as she did when I meet here 20 years ago.

Please post the bureau address, I have another customer.
  • Like 1

P.M. Prayut - O - Cha if in your view the position has deteriorated to a point where Martial law will be strictly enforced, you need to look no further than the Junta's attitude and agenda , people are getting nervous that your plan for reforms and what was originally planned are two different ideas, why don't you come clean Sir and tell the people of Thailand that you intend to go backwards to Pre 1992, one example Sir , you can't have free elections with 200 unelected outsiders and a PM outsider and call that a Democratic election ,to say that the Junta's progress has been disappointing is an understatement. coffee1.gif

PM vows intensified martial law
By Digital Content

14225247292902-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 30 -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government would strictly enforce martial law measures, ban overseas trips and check the financial transactions of inciters unless they stopped their movement.

He expressed his stance as the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) summoned key Pheu Thai Party member Surapong Tovichakchaikul to create better understanding.

The prime minister said he did not know whether security authorities would detail Mr Surapong overnight.

Mr Surapong was summoned because he shared improper opinions and challenged the government and the martial law and the government needed to take legal action to prevent disorder, Gen Prayut said.

The prime minister said former Pheu Thai energy minister Pichai Naripthaphan would also be summoned for mutual understanding for criticizing the energy policies of the government although he had done nothing during his past tenure as the energy minister.

"If their movements continue, they will be prohibited from leaving the country, have their finances examined and be banned from conducting financial transactions. The imposition of martial law has been relaxed [until now] but from now on it will be intensified to cope with national situations," the prime minister said.

He also said that authorities were monitoring the red-shirt people's campaign to wear red on Sundays and that present political situations were annoying. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2015-01-30

P.M. Prayut - O - Cha if in your view the position has deteriorated to a point where Martial law will be strictly enforced, you need to look no further than the Junta's attitude and agenda , people are getting nervous that your plan for reforms and what was originally planned are two different ideas, why don't you come clean Sir and tell the people of Thailand that you intend to go backwards to Pre 1992, one example Sir , you can't have free elections with 200 unelected outsiders and a PM outsider and call that a Democratic election ,to say that the Junta's progress has been disappointing is an understatement. coffee1.gif

Now this would not surprise me and the evidence so far suggests this is the way it's going. 1932?

• Like 2

I feel that the time has come to keep the travel luggage at hand.

If you feel like that, nobody is here to stop you.

I'm staying here and I fully trust that this government will change Thailand for the better.

I applaud your optimism, but 19 coups later we still seem to be in a 'back to the future' loop.

In point of fact, what military coup has ever improved things? Egypt, Haiti, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria...and dare I mention it Greece?

I'm not interested about military coups in other countries, not even Greece

I'm only interested in Thailand and I believe that nothing better could have happen for them than this government.

New presidential candidate for the moon crew

• Like 1

But wasn't there a "small group of protesters at the US embassy yesterday? isn't protesting against martial law? Consistency........blink.png

This is Thailand you dont understand Thai consistency

I am interested in learning the Thai language, so I looked up the following words/phrases in a Thai/English dictionary, but could not find a translation. Can anyone help, please?

Consistency

Integrity

Reliability

Honesty

Service

Pre-planned maintenance

Product liability

Value for money

• Like 2

Let's just get this straight.

1. This topic is PINNED to the top of the news section - READ IT - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769792-notice-to-members-posting-in-thailand-news/

2. The government has just announced an intensification of martial law which includes (as a standard) the media

3. This is the news forum

Off-topic sleights that offer no debate of the subject are effectively trolling

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

On a subject like this we are going to be watching extra carefully. Rather than replying to the troll please hit the report button like 1 kind poster did.

Any further violations of forum rules will be met with a posting suspension.

Healthy debate on this topic is welcome. Insults are not.

The rest of the forum rules are here. If you feel like you are unsure then check them before hitting post.

Thank you.

He also said that authorities were monitoring the red-shirt people's campaign to wear red on Sundays

Time to reorganize the wardrobe?

The guy from the sawmill, who lost 2 fingers, eating a sandwich while wearing his red shirt on his only free day of the week, will be in deep trouble i assume.

He also said that authorities were monitoring the red-shirt people's campaign to wear red on Sundays

Time to reorganize the wardrobe?

The guy from the sawmill, who lost 2 fingers, eating a sandwich while wearing his red shirt on his only free day of the week, will be in deep trouble i assume.

Since he is unlikely to be from the Bangkok middle class, and quite possibly may have voted for Thaksin at some time in the past, then who cares? Edited by JAG