K&N air filter cleaning

tomtaylor1

T/A let it go For Freaks Sake! I'm getting embarrassed for you myself, your link says nothing about anything close to cleaning once in 20 years, quite the opposite in fact because if the filter is doing it's job it WILL get dirty to the point of needing a frequent cleaning as the describe and your comparison of "no difference what-so-ever" is nonsense, when you're just going on times run and trying to convince everyone here that your memory is so sharp that you remember EVERY time you ever ran (unless it was only 2 or 3 times that is) with NO difference clean or not? EVERY run was exactly the same as every other run? Never heard of such perfect regularity and knowing for absolute certainty that it was strictly your filter making the difference or not? Oh my giddy aunt, give it a rest.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Some results from air filter testing: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

The K&N provided less restriction but also less filtering. They also blocked faster than the paper filters.

Yes this mostly why they use them in motorsports, but the quick blocking is a problem with endurance racing which is why most don't use them in that form of racing.

Gawd warpy, the link states 50,000 MILES, if an oversized filter it "can" go on up to 100,000 MILES, nothing to do with my 20 years......

Hundreds and thousands of K&N filters have been fitted to rides over decades and most folk I would suggest follow the manufacturers advice regarding cleaning. You say THEY, K&N are wrong.

PS. Folk must be queuing up for engine damage claims eh..........rolleyes.gif

That's it's lifespan, not it's cleaning schedule!! facepalm.gif Are those K&N cleaning kits put out by K&N or not? WHY in the F would they offer a cleaning kit that provides multiple cleanings per kit if they didn't intend for it to be cleaned regularly? Never mind, rhetorical question.. Regardless, you're now trying to do your usual T/A tap dance and flipping your position, your original post stated that you only cleaned your K&N once in 20 years and there was no difference in your performance clean or dirty, that being the case it shouts volumes about your knowledge on the topic and nothing else need be said..

Edited by WarpSpeed

That's it's lifespan, not it's cleaning schedule!! facepalm.gif Are those K&N cleaning kits put out by K&N or not? WHY in the F would they offer a cleaning kit that provides multiple cleanings per kit if they didn't intend for it to be cleaned regularly? Never mind, rhetorical question..

YOU haven't read the link have you..........rolleyes.gif

The K&N filter has a 1,000,000 MILE warranty.....

.CLEANING, 50,000 MILES or up to 100,000 MILES if oversized filter...............facepalm.gif

Done.... Flippin idiot is all I can say. FYI I don't need to read your f'ing link, I'm well versed on K&N ever since they began to get popular which they did mostly through motorsports thank you very much. Never got more then 2 race weekends out of one before needing cleaning, that's about a total of 3 hours driving in most cases, the rubber build up, the track dirt, the sand that gets thrown up from other vehicles, no way would they run even close to that distance without a serious performance drop or filter damage.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Done.... Flippin idiot is all I can say. FYI I don't need to read your f'ing link, I'm well versed on K&N ever since they began to get popular which they did mostly through motorsports thank you very much. Never got more then 2 race weekends out of one before needing cleaning, that's about a total of 3 hours driving in most cases, the rubber build up, the track dirt, the sand that gets thrown up from other vehicles, no way would they run even close to that distance without a serious performance drop or filter damage.

Fink the OP has a Vigo..............coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Yes so why did you bring your straight line T/A into the topic? That nonsense is what began this whole debate..Sadly I fear you've entered dementia stage, terrible thing that too, I just had that with my mother, she just passed a couple of weeks ago but it was a God send she never entered full dementia, it was bad enough sad.png ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes so why did you bring your straight line T/A into the topic? That nonsense is what began this whole debate..Sadly I fear you've entered dementia stage sad.png ..

My Trans was used on the street........May I add, all my V8 chums used K&N....Yep, we all did with nooooooooooooooooooo problems....

Yes my race cars were also street legal (required by rules) and a lot closer to stock then your straight liner so what's your point?

Your "straight line" comment.

My/our rides were street/strip cars. My own was near 7 ltr and the springs allowed it to rev to near 7 grand through an 800 cubic feet per minute carb pulling through a K&N.

I will say again, I cleaned it once in 20 years....

Some results from air filter testing: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

The K&N provided less restriction but also less filtering. They also blocked faster than the paper filters.

These tests - and others - made up my mind.

"Compared to the AC, the K&N “plugged up” nearly 3 times faster, passed 18 times more dirt and captured 37% less dirt."

Will only use K&N on race cars / bikes now, not street.

Edited by seedy
  • Like 1

That's it's lifespan, not it's cleaning schedule!! facepalm.gif Are those K&N cleaning kits put out by K&N or not? WHY in the F would they offer a cleaning kit that provides multiple cleanings per kit if they didn't intend for it to be cleaned regularly? Never mind, rhetorical question..

YOU haven't read the link have you..........rolleyes.gif

The K&N filter has a 1,000,000 MILE warranty.....

.CLEANING, 50,000 MILES or up to 100,000 MILES if oversized filter...............facepalm.gif

Speaking of links, did you read this one offered up by Jitar? whistling.gifcoffee1.gif I mean don't just take my word for it, in fact besides that link there are 4 or 5 other people here trying to get the same point across to you..

http://http://www.nicoclub....oem-filter.html

Edited by WarpSpeed

Back to the OP...............

If someone gave me a K&N filter for my Vigo I would fit it thumbsup.gif .

But, I would not buy one for a Vigo. The stock filter to me is well over engineered because of situations the truck might work in, plus the engine runs at very low RPM virtually all it's life and so a stock filter has noooo problem breathing, also I would suggest noooooo noticeable power increase for a Vigo..K&N are really for high revving units where more air will make a difference......

• Like 1

And you continue, I understand more than you ever will...........................Clearly..

The personification of modesty.

rolleyes.gif Whats to be modest about Spooners when people challenge your knowledge?

Wrong person Warty. I've been posting since long before Spoonman was allegedly removed, if, indeed, he was.

"I understand more than you ever will..", demonstrably not the case!

You don't seem to have the nouse to realise that your "knowledge" is not being challenged, it's your bull-headed arrogance that gets the kicking it deserves whilst you successfully head topics in the direction of being closed with your attempts to always have the last word.

By the way, transam is right.

Edited by Sviss Geez
  • Like 1

And you continue, I understand more than you ever will...........................Clearly..

The personification of modesty.

rolleyes.gif Whats to be modest about Spooners when people challenge your knowledge?

Wrong person Warty. I've been posting since long before Spoonman was allegedly removed, if, indeed, he was.

"I understand more than you ever will..", demonstrably not the case!

You don't seem to have the nouse to realise that your "knowledge" is not being challenged, it's your bull-headed arrogance that gets the kicking it deserves whilst you successfully head topics in the direction of being closed with your attempts to always have the last word.

By the way, transam is right.

No he isn't but kind of have to agree though even Spooners had more to contribute and was less a vile troll then you are. Do you have something besides instigation and trolling to contribute to the topic? Thought not, toddle off then..

Edited by WarpSpeed