Patong is dead.

hansgruber

4 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

OMG at 40% of the asking price means i am offering 60% of the asking price

100 minus 40 is 60, who is making excuses, not me

Can someone else explain it to Steven i cannot get thru to him

Final try :)

"make an offer at 40% of the asking price means i am offering 60% of the asking price" Not correct

"offer 40% off of the asking price means i am offering 60% of the asking price" Correct.

You said, I repeat, " make a offer at 40% of the asking price ", which means you're offering 40%.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Final try :)

"make an offer at 40% of the asking price means i am offering 60% of the asking price" Not correct

"offer 40% off of the asking price means i am offering 60% of the asking price" Correct.

You said, I repeat, " make a offer at 40% of the asking price ", which means you're offering 40%.

40% of the asking price mens i will pay 60% of the asking price not 40% of the asking price

Since when did 100 minus 40 equal 40, never

Take a 100 of anything and take away 40 and see how many you have left

Any way it does not matter i would not buy a property with the market the way it is even at 40% of the asking price

Back on Topic

17 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

40% of the asking price mens i will pay 60% of the asking price not 40% of the asking price

Any way it does not matter i would not buy a property with the market the way it is even at 40% of the asking price

Back on Topic

17 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Back on Topic

Madmax, it is evident that you don't know the difference between the words of and off.

"40% of the asking price" and "40% off the asking price" are two completely different things.

Just now, macahoom said:

Madmax, it is evident that you don't know the difference between the words of and off.

"40% of the asking price" and "40% off the asking price" are two completely different things.

Yes you are right now i think about it but i do not have a dictionary

40 from 100 leaves 60 as far as i know and always will, but who cares, plenty of spelling police  on this forum

Basically if you have a property on the market for 10M and i am interested in it i will offer 6M cash 

Its take it or leave it, i could not care less with the current real estate market, better of hanging onto the cash and watch the prices drop, which has to happen and already is with genuine private sellers who want to quit their property

5 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

You need a dictionary to spell "off"? You have spelled "of", yet, meant "off" at least two times now........

I want 40% off the asking price

Does that make you happy teacher, maybe you can teach me how to invest money

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

I want 40% off the asking price

Why didn't you say/write that in the first place?

Ah yes......there was another poster from WA, bought a house in Rawai and was dyslexic and argumentative, but, he got banned for stalking other members.

What a coincidence!

16 minutes ago, madmitch said:

This thread has swung between on and off topic but three pages on definitions of condos and percentage discounts is really taking it to a new level of triviality! And now I've just added to it!

It would be less than 3 pages if you changed your settings and allowed more posts on one page.

53 minutes ago, madmitch said:

This thread has swung between on and off topic but three pages on definitions of condos and percentage discounts is really taking it to a new level of triviality! And now I've just added to it!

57 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Ah yes......there was another poster from WA, bought a house in Rawai and was dyslexic and argumentative, but, he got banned for stalking other members.

What a coincidence!

I got caught up in a thread a while back with PCA and i was dragged over the coals for it ..:post-4641-1156693976:

Hows this for pot calling kettle black.;

On 4/15/2017 at 5:48 PM, madmax2 said:

"Cannot help him/herself mate, he is not the only one who like to quote other people when their own opinion is different instead of just posting their own opinion

Rarely start a topic themselves i have noticed, its like they are just stalking the forum hoping to find someone they can disagree with, takes all types i suppose to keep this forum interesting" 

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

What a coincidence!

Ah, I seem to remember this particular poster.   Proudly espoused the virtues of Rawai, and his acquisition of a Ford Ranger, and defied anyone who would criticise his life choices.   He surfaces on other forums now and again, with his typical style of asking questions of which only he knows the answers.

Hua-Hin is also dead now after nine it's a ghost town thanks to the tessabaan of Hua-Hin. Only soi 80 has some expats the regulars coming down for a drink and a chat. No farang tourists anymore and those Chinese which floods the kingdom according to TAT are not here at least I don't see them.

12 hours ago, stevenl said:

It would be less than 3 pages if you changed your settings and allowed more posts on one page.

Just received a PM about how to do this.

I had to answer that I thought you could do this, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.

But I can't find it right now, so maybe it was at the old site, or maybe even a different forum.

Sorry.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Just received a PM about how to do this.

I had to answer that I thought you could do this, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.

But I can't find it right now, so maybe it was at the old site, or maybe even a different forum.

Sorry.

Your memory serves you correctly... it was an option in previous versions of the InVision Forum software, but apparently not now.

And... several argumentative troll posts and replies have been removed from this thread.

Doesn't really matter how many pages the posts can be condensed down to, what property is labeled in different countries has squat to do with 'Patong is dead'. Not for the first time, what with fruit farmers and the like.

In that regard I think the most useful forum setting is the 'Unfollow this thread' option.

Posted using Tapatalk

On 2017-6-15 at 1:21 AM, Na Lee said:

Hua-Hin is also dead now after nine it's a ghost town thanks to the tessabaan of Hua-Hin. Only soi 80 has some expats the regulars coming down for a drink and a chat. No farang tourists anymore and those Chinese which floods the kingdom according to TAT are not here at least I don't see them.

I can confirm BKK is also dead now and nearly a ghost town due to it getting taken over by ladyboys. Farang tourists have moved on and those Chinese tourists have all decided to make Pattaya their No.1 tourist destination.

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I can confirm BKK is also dead now and nearly a ghost town due to it getting taken over by ladyboys. Farang tourists have moved on and those Chinese tourists have all decided to make Pattaya their No.1 tourist destination.

Freinds tell me all over thailand is dead.

6 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

I always found the low season the best time to visit .peak season holidays are terrible and best avoided if you can .

I have to admit that I find the low season best for me, but not unfortunately for my business owning friends!

Quite a few Chinese shopping in Big C today and being their usual troublesome selves having absolutely no idea, care or concern about the world in which they live or the other people which inhabit it. I did say they were shopping, and I suppose they were in the true sense of the word, but the shopping trolleys contained nothing more than few packets of dried noodles, few packets of dried seaweed, pot noodles and other such rubbish.

Take away the Chinese in Big C today and you would have counted around a dozen farangs only.

On 6/1/2017 at 8:16 AM, madmax2 said:

It would be interesting to know how many people who actually own and run businesses here are posting on this topic and how many do not and are just posting second hand information

Business is quite because there are far to many of the same businesses now compared to 10 years ago

I know of one guest house that had all the local business to itself until two others were built right next door to it with more modern and better facilities, the owner of the guest house complains about lack of business, his rooms are very basic and instead of upgrading them from no stars to 2 stars he just increased his prices for 2 years in a row at 100 baht a night , went from 400 to 600 baht a night for a room that was only worth 400 a night in my opinion compared we what we have seen and rented all over Thailand and now his rooms are usually empty

Accommodation, restaurants, massage shops, bike and car rental, bars you name it , there are to many of all of them  and not enough business to go around, a lot of new business owners here do not have a clue what they are doing and deserve to go under

There are a few business owners who post on this forum who are successful and know what they are doing but they are few and far between   

Hi all I’m back, did you miss me? Haha

You raise a very valid point mm2 and I am sorry I could not, until now, respond to it due to an impromptu offer I couldn’t refuse of an enforced holiday, if you get my drift.

I can see that you have had absolutely no response whatsoever from anyone to your first paragraph, not a great surprise I,m sure as I suspect there are not any current owners of business’s who actually operate one in Patong but still feel the need to contribute their second hand hearsay information and try to pass it off as genuine. Let’s see if we can induce any real current Patong business owners to contribute real firsthand knowledge to the thread? I will start by nailing my colours to the mast, if that is the correct term? ( not sure I am ex-army but I am sure you get the drift ).

My wife and I own and run three separate SME’s, as they call them here in Thailand, all in Patong, one has been going for about 4 years, one for about 3 years and one for just under 1 year. All the business’s are on Sois just off either side of Rat-U-thit rd. To date, and I touch wood when I say this, all three have, year on year, month on month, never failed to produce a profit. Believe me I am no genius if I can do it anyone can, I believe location, good service and attention to detail are three very important rules that can hopefully put anyone on the road to a successful business.

As an aside, and this is not firsthand knowledge so take it as you will, some of our suppliers are telling us that their orders and deliveries are up on the same time period last year. I hope they are right but caution is the name of the game.

Further to this one of our ventures involves association with a small hotel which specializes in self catering accommodations, and that business has been going now for about 6 years and has expanded by approx.. 12 to 15%  annually, and maintained an occupancy rate of 80%+ every year.

For all you Patong business owners please tell us how your business is doing?

I feel it is time to end this foolish thread and I will try to explain to the rather simple people that seem to permeate this thread what is dead or dying about Patong and what and where in Patong nothing is dead or anywhere near dying.

First it is necessary, for some to give an overview of the situation regarding Patong and other resort locations worldwide generally.

Anywhere in the world where there are beaches the prime locations on those beaches are of course at the waters edge and as you retreat from the beach the area becomes less desirable and therefore less expensive to buy or rent. Patong is no different so it is a fact that accommodations on or near the beach command higher prices than they do on each road moving back from the beach making Nanai Road, ignoring hasip pee rd, the cheapest place for rentals, buying, and would be hotel or guesthouse owners/managers.

This made Nania the cheap Charlies desired location and all was well/ok until the tuktuk/taxi mafia decided to follow the airport taxi price modeling app ( cue NKM our resident public transport guru for Phuket ) then unfortunately it was not long before the cheap Charlies caught on that if they wished to go to the beach and/or shopping and out for dinner and drinks at night that their cheap room was suddenly anything but cheap when they added the 1000 or so for transport to their daily expenses. So as cheap Charlies do they began to look at other options, and guess what they could stay down nearer the beach and shopping and restaurants without the expense of the tuktuks/taxis and still pay less than they would on Nanai. And there you have it in one paragraph, simple as that, why Nanai is dead or appears to be dying, that’s the down side but the up side is that the cheap Charlies have moved down nearer the beach hotels/guesthouses boosting the business in the rest of Patong, and there is now lots of cheap rooms for all the hotel/restaurant/bars staff making sure that the other 95% of Patong is alive and kicking.

I see lots of posts by a certain poster repeatedly talking about closures here and for sale signs there. I frequent the beach road, rat-u-thit road and the third road regularly and I have been searching in vain to find any closures or for sale signs on these road, of course my eyesight is not what used to be so if anyone spots any signs please be good enough to let us know.

Now Bangla, that is a different story entirely. Imo Bangla shot itself in the foot some time ago roughly about the time Tiger 2 was ready to open and suddenly a mysterious fire burns down Tiger one. I used to frequent Bangla pretty much nightly in those days and remember that the front bars in the new tiger were commanding a whopping 7 million baht key money per bar for three years and the mugs were falling over each other to pay it, little realizing that by the time they had made enough money to pay that key money that the next one would be due absolutely crazy. Anyone who pays key money is a fool and if you are paying tea money you must be doing something illegal, another foolish move. This of course lead to a massive price hike for tourists who have put up with it for while but the word has spread as it does and people are discovering that that you can still go to Bangla to tick off your bucket list but you can also have a good inexpensive night out at other just as good venues. Don’t get me wrong Bangla will never die it is on millions of bucket lists worldwide thanks to social media but it is not the goldmine it once was and if the Thai owners/landlords don’t change their greedy ways they are I believe heading for a big surprise fall.

I think most of the front bars on Bangla are probably still making money but nowhere near what they used to make, and the back bars they will just change hands again this low season until they change hands again next low season the cycle will continue ad in fini tum.

23 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

<snip>

I,m sure as I suspect there are not any current owners of business’s who actually operate one in Patong but still feel the need to contribute their second hand hearsay information and try to pass it off as genuine. Let’s see if we can induce any real current Patong business owners to contribute real firsthand knowledge to the thread? I will start by nailing my colours to the mast, if that is the correct term? ( not sure I am ex-army but I am sure you get the drift ).

Well, I have for sure operated 2 long term home businesses in Patong for almost 19 yeras now.

I have contributed truthfull information on every one of my posts.

I well know that our business has declined due to a number of factors, visa problems being the most noteable, strong baht another problem, guests with failing bars etc.

I do believe we have reached the bottom a couple of years ago with a 50% occupancy.  I doubt we will ever recover unless we slash prices, that we will not do given we have stayed at the same rates over these 19 years.. 

4 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:
29 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

<snip>

I,m sure as I suspect there are not any current owners of business’s who actually operate one in Patong but still feel the need to contribute their second hand hearsay information and try to pass it off as genuine. Let’s see if we can induce any real current Patong business owners to contribute real firsthand knowledge to the thread? I will start by nailing my colours to the mast, if that is the correct term? ( not sure I am ex-army but I am sure you get the drift ).

Something on your mind LIK?

20 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

I feel it is time to end this foolish thread and I will try to explain to the rather simple people that seem to permeate this thread what is dead or dying about Patong and what and where in Patong nothing is dead or anywhere near dying.

The thread became foolish when it turned into discussion about the lack of or the boom in business in the red light districts. Originally it was about the bowling alley being quiet and a lack of tourists in general.After a while it became abusive and more than one FM went on holiday.

Your wife's massage parlours/hourly rate guest house may be doing well but then there is always a trick or two to be turned at these establishments. However, having just returned from a short trip to Phuket and a drive through Patong, it was very quiet.

I suppose it all depends on what the business is and what time of day.

14 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Well, I have for sure operated 2 long term home businesses in Patong for almost 19 yeras now.

I have contributed truthfull information on every one of my posts.

I well know that our business has declined due to a number of factors, visa problems being the most noteable, strong baht another problem, guests with failing bars etc.

I do believe we have reached the bottom a couple of years ago with a 50% occupancy.  I doubt we will ever recover unless we slash prices, that we will not do given we have stayed at the same rates over these 19 years.. 

Forgive me LIK  I thought you gave up your interests in Patong some time ago I was under the 

impression that you only operated in Kata/Karon?

I believe what I said about Nanai is on the money.

13 minutes ago, Flustered said:

The thread became foolish when it turned into discussion about the lack of or the boom in business in the red light districts. Originally it was about the bowling alley being quiet and a lack of tourists in general.After a while it became abusive and more than one FM went on holiday.

Your wife's massage parlours/hourly rate guest house may be doing well but then there is always a trick or two to be turned at these establishments. However, having just returned from a short trip to Phuket and a drive through Patong, it was very quiet.

I suppose it all depends on what the business is and what time of day.

Don't get flustered Flustered no massage parlour or hourly rate hotel or guesthouse involved in any of our ventures, nice try though.

:cheesy:    :passifier:

Just you keep following the pied piper of Nanai.

Archived