Prayut says drawing foreign interference in Thai internal affairs is an embarrassing act

Lite Beer

Nations around the world should consider sending emissaries to the USA to visit with ...........

-Al Sharpton, leader of potential oppressed minorities, to get info on USA poor people's voting rights.

-Al Gore, elected Pres of USA by popular vote, but kept from that office by the USA highest court.

-Leaders of major labor unions in USA concerning USA govt crackdown on them.

-Mitt Romney concerning his loss of last USA Pres. election to discuss election irregularities there.

-Leaders of Posse Comitatus and other organizations preparing to take over USA govt by armed force.

These visits could be seen as parallel to a recent visit to a SEA nation from an emissary of the USA.

It is time for the world's nations to go inside USA to investigate how bad its situation is today.bah.gif

Sure come on....thats the difference between you and us, we allow crazies to ask questions.

"He said he didn’t want any country to help strengthen itself but will do by itself for the best with its existing rules and laws."

So that means he will also reject all foreign aid. Now there is a man with integrity, who is willing to stand up and tell the world that he and he alone can make Thailand strong and does not need anyone else's help...OR...Is he a man who is the living embodiment of the Groucho Marx quote: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

Not too much aid. A bit of military aid to give the US access.

And preferential trading agreements. Cancel all of them and see what happens to Thai exports.

• Like 1

He could not possibly be suggesting certain groups R---- initiated that last meeting which upset so many Thais from a certain --- politician for political favor from that country to use their influence against the current gov to stop a certain case against an unnamed ex leader. Say it isn't so?

The Foreign interference is drive by Freedom House, The Carlyle Group and the National Endowment for Democracy - all rght-wing think tanks to with whom Robert Amsterdam and Thaksin are closely associated. My advice to the General is to concentrate his firepower on these organisations and by implication the Shinawatras.Other villains who sit on the boards o thse orgnanisations and are close buddies of the Shins are Rumsfeld, Adelman, Carlucci, Fukuyama, Weber, and Khalilzad. Dabgerous men, all of them,

Is this joker for real? I suppose whatever transpires in Thailand there will always be morons suggesting US policy is driven by Thaksin,the Carlyle Group and Robert Amsterdam.

Nations around the world should consider sending emissaries to the USA to visit with ...........

-Al Sharpton, leader of potential oppressed minorities, to get info on USA poor people's voting rights.

-Al Gore, elected Pres of USA by popular vote, but kept from that office by the USA highest court.

-Mitt Romney concerning his loss of last USA Pres. election to discuss election irregularities there.

-Leaders of Posse Comitatus and other organizations preparing to take over USA govt by armed force.

These visits could be seen as parallel to a recent visit to a SEA nation from an emissary of the USA.

It is time for the world's nations to go inside USA to investigate how bad its situation is today.bah.gif

You must have worked really hard to learn so much that is so wrong.

Congratulations.

• Like 1

"He believed he had taken into account everybody’s comments, but added how much consideration he would give to each comment was something he had to deliberate by himself."

This guy thinks he's God! bah.gif

I disagree. A good leader listens to all counsel and makes his own decisions, a God listens to nobody.

Like americans who think they can give lessons to the world about democracy , and at the time they were speaking about Thailand Obama was walking on all four infront of the Saoudi Arabia new king . Country well known for its high level of democracy and freedom (equal = 0)

You must have worked really hard to learn so much that is so wrong.

Congratulations.

Yeah they really have a right to speak up...

Stealing a Nation - How the UK/US Stole the Diego Garcia Island of bliss…: http://youtu.be/PjNfXK6QpqY

I think the General is doing okay - maybe not perfect but better than the fighting before. I dont think the Americans should be poking their nose in and should stick to sorting out their own police state. Land of the free my ass.

American democracy has definitely been an up-and-down process. And the US has never been a perfect Land of the Free. But.....

As an American I hear more rude bashing of my country from, mostly, Europeans, which is so hypocritical, as if history began in 1945 and the centuries of misery Europeans visited on the whole rest of the world is done and paid for. One could make the claim that if it weren't for the USA (though not intentionally) much of the world would still be under the colonial boot of England, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, and Germany, mostly.

Solo travelling in Chiangmai last year, arrived at the train station, and being a typical friendly American I helped some greenhorn Euro-travellers get a songtiaw into town, and at the right price per head. We piled in, right away one guy, a Brit, asked me where I was from, and when I told him he started bashing the US. Yes, such a fine display of superior British classiness, as well as hypocritical.

If you think the US is so evil, stop using anything we've invented, or consuming anything we produce, materially or culturally. Good luck with that.

I suggest those of you who are so convinced you know the USA inside and out to actually take a trip there, and spend a few months because it's a big, diverse country with the whole gamut of humanity in it. It's not a police state, not like some places we're all familiar with, and the democratic institutions, though they've been corrupted, are strong enough that American diplomats do have solid ground to stand on when making justified criticisms of a completely un-democratic process.

Evil? No, I wouldn't call someone who likes to poke their nose into others affair as an evil, they are just someone who doesn't know how to care only for their own business. I just don't see how to make sense of US govt trying to order other country which is not a U.S. state and does not belong to US citizen to do what they see fit, even in the name of "international community." I am happy for you that you have democracy, and we are also trying to implement it. What we want is not your meddling, but to respect our independence and sovereignty. Moreover, we are really terrified by the result of your "democracy delivery" in many countries lately, so we think it is better to do that by our own.

• Like 1

I am at a loss to work out just what the US thinks is assistive in rocking an unsteady boat. Had the US been successful in attaining territorial rights over a part of Thailand for "Research" would they now send in a small army to defend it ? And then continue to go out and "save" Thailand ? What Americans fail to understand is that what they consider "bashing" is mainly objection to the condescending arrogant mindset that the US has some inherent right to intervene in anything or anywhere it decides. Even Trade agreements are manipulated contrary to actual agreement. It is not the power of the US that people dislike as much they despise the abuse of that power.

He's got a point. A good point.

So many of our countries, especially the US have their own messy internal affairs and problems. How strange, when a cop shoots black kid in the US unarmed, with his hands in the air, and the rest of the world protests in solidarity. Fox "news" watching Americans bitch and moan about how the rest of the world doesn't understand their problems, and how they should just but out and let America handle their own affairs.

Then they come here get hooked up with some girl from Issan and suddenly they ready to "fight the power!"

F Thaksin, I respect this government, the're doing a great job, the streets are safer, work is good, it's business as usual. No complaints here, best I've seen it in over 12yrs.

• Like 2

"Prayut says drawing foreign interference in Thai internal affairs is an embarrassing act"

Well let's see.... all modern day sophisticated products, house building equipments, vehicles, IT ware, computers, shopping malls, iPhones, Internet, TV and radio are all foreign inventions that connected Thailand with the world,...

.... none of'em was invented in Thailand BY Thais,...

... So if foreign interference is embarrassing, just ban those inventions and shut'em all down in the scrapyard....

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by MaxLee

He could not possibly be suggesting certain groups R---- initiated that last meeting which upset so many Thais from a certain --- politician for political favor from that country to use their influence against the current gov to stop a certain case against an unnamed ex leader. Say it isn't so?

The Foreign interference is drive by Freedom House, The Carlyle Group and the National Endowment for Democracy - all rght-wing think tanks to with whom Robert Amsterdam and Thaksin are closely associated. My advice to the General is to concentrate his firepower on these organisations and by implication the Shinawatras.Other villains who sit on the boards o thse orgnanisations and are close buddies of the Shins are Rumsfeld, Adelman, Carlucci, Fukuyama, Weber, and Khalilzad. Dabgerous men, all of them,

Is this joker for real? I suppose whatever transpires in Thailand there will always be morons suggesting US policy is driven by Thaksin,the Carlyle Group and Robert Amsterdam.

No he's not real...It's Tony Cartarlucci spouting his nonsense here...google him !!!

Agree with him. Thailand does not need US interference. Sort your own country out first and then maybe countries where there are huge human rights issues.

Umm, you mean like Thailand? Human trafficking is a major issue here. As is the elite being above the law, and the poor being used as scapegoats. People being mysteriously murdered for speaking out without ever seeing a resolution. You have elections where one side wins repeatedly and the other side manages to find a way to get into power time and time again. A military which does is free to act against the government, but only when it's one side. But it's all hunky dory because Prayut is bringing happiness to the Thai people who would have never elected him.

This guy is the patsy, brainwashed and gullible, faithful to his masters but in the end if he doesn't pull this off he'll be toast,

The old money families will find another one to take his place.

The bottom line is that the gravy train must continue.

When western money began arriving in Thailand,back in the day, they got the first concessions.

That was the way it was always done, those families closest to the big Cahuna got the money.

Nothing has really changed, only now, with education, the internet and facebook the people are waking up.

It's a lot more difficult to keep the status quo intact.

So, the military, has to keep order, keep the status quo intact.

Meanwhile, the spoiled brats, rich beyond imagination enjoy a life most Thais don't even know exists.

Check out the private jets parked at Bangkok airport.

Check out the names of the biggest shareholders of Thai companies.

There are two societies here in Thailand, and the old money has no intention of those two ever becoming one.

Highly inaccurate interpretation of the current situation.

Prayuth is no patsy.

He has been around for some time and has risen through the ranks like a rocket. (you can find out why).

He will NOT be tossed aside and there is a purpose behind his policies and of course he is backed - but there are currently about 5 or 6 extremely powerful factions in Thai politics and it looks as if his faction has got by far the strongest (upper) hand.

i implore people to look at the history leading up to this event and not just the last few months/years it is FAR more complex than just saying "same ol' same ol'."

it wopuld also help if some posters thought about the role and composition of the army in Thailand - it is quite unlike most countries

Edited by cumgranosalum

Thailand has existed on massive US interference since WW2 - and this peaked around the time of the V/N war, but it most certainly didn't end there....

the relationship with Army and royalists with the US is crucial to understanding Thai politics - for instance how Phibun come to and stayed in power when after WW2 he was wanted for war crimes.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Get on with the job at hand. Change the constitution and election laws and call elections.

the job in hand has changed.

there is no roadmap for a constitution

However the junta has now turned their hands to other matters....... Economic, Legal and even the countries morals are being attended to by the regime.......this isn't the kind of thing you'd expect form a regime that intends to quickly set up a constitution and go.

He's got a point. A good point.

So many of our countries, especially the US have their own messy internal affairs and problems. How strange, when a cop shoots black kid in the US unarmed, with his hands in the air, and the rest of the world protests in solidarity. Fox "news" watching Americans bitch and moan about how the rest of the world doesn't understand their problems, and how they should just but out and let America handle their own affairs.

Then they come here get hooked up with some girl from Issan and suddenly they ready to "fight the power!"

F Thaksin, I respect this government, the're doing a great job, the streets are safer, work is good, it's business as usual. No complaints here, best I've seen it in over 12yrs.

i expect you are a member of the "flat earth society" too?

This guy is the patsy, brainwashed and gullible, faithful to his masters but in the end if he doesn't pull this off he'll be toast,

The old money families will find another one to take his place.

The bottom line is that the gravy train must continue.

When western money began arriving in Thailand,back in the day, they got the first concessions.

That was the way it was always done, those families closest to the big Cahuna got the money.

Nothing has really changed, only now, with education, the internet and facebook the people are waking up.

It's a lot more difficult to keep the status quo intact.

So, the military, has to keep order, keep the status quo intact.

Meanwhile, the spoiled brats, rich beyond imagination enjoy a life most Thais don't even know exists.

Check out the private jets parked at Bangkok airport.

Check out the names of the biggest shareholders of Thai companies.

There are two societies here in Thailand, and the old money has no intention of those two ever becoming one.

Highly inaccurate interpretation of the current situation.

Prayuth is no patsy.

He has been around for some time and has risen through the ranks like a rocket. (you can find out why).

He will NOT be tossed aside and there is a purpose behind his policies and of course he is backed - but there are currently about 5 or 6 extremely powerful factions in Thai politics and it looks as if his faction has got by far the strongest (upper) hand.

i implore people to look at the history leading up to this event and not just the last few months/years it is FAR more complex than just saying "same ol' same ol'."

it wopuld also help if some posters thought about the role and composition of the army in Thailand - it is quite unlike most countries

If that is accurate, I I doubt it, then he is a real life meglomaniac with delusions of grandeur and a wholly unrealistic agenda to somehow change Thai society, but mainly change the "bad" people.

His original line was "I'm here to heal the divisions between the warring factions", but of course we know which side he is on and which side is backing him.

It certainly isn't a grass roots, rural based, workers and trade unions support base.

Of course not, it's one of the elite factions who have been sniping at each other since time immemorial.

His fatuous speeches every night only go to show how far removed he is from reality.

A life spent in closed circles, mixing with his ilk.

The minute he slips up and he loses his support, he'll disappear.

The best thing he could do is go now.

"The prime minister however neither named the certain group of people nor the foreign country, but suggested that they should stop doing so."

Let me guess - the US?

Of course! 10-4 good buddy! Who else?? World police U.S.A.

Ignorant. The US has a treaty to defend Thailand if necessary. The US gives and sells some of its best military hardware to Thailand and it comes with training.

The general is putting the US over a barrel as to whether it wants to provide arms and training to a dictatorship which arose from a coup. The US has to reconsider whether it would defend Thailand if needed.

Not that long ago China was making claim to certain islands belonging to certain small Asian countries. The US stepped in and stopped it. China was claiming all fishing rights to the S. China Sea which many small Asian countries depend on. The US stepped in and stopped it.

China threatened to block some shipping lanes and commercial airline routes and the US stopped it.

The US Navy visited Thailand with ships in the Gulf of Thailand as a show of friendship with Thailand to China.

NOW the US has to decide if it will continue doing these things for a military dictatorship which overthrew an elected government and in the eyes of a lot of the world doesn't appear to be planning elections.

The US is also the second largest buyer of Thai exports and has massive business investments in Thailand, especially in manufacturing.

NOW TELL ME why the US has no interest in what is happening?

You just confirmed the worlds opinion that the U.S.A. things they are the worlds police as they have their nose in everyones business. Soon as a KFC or a MacDonalds lands in a foriegn country the U.S. Thinks that that country is inviting full blown capitalism and the American way. WRONG.

Your whole quote appears to be trying to baffle readers with bull-s*%$

The US has a treaty to defend Thailand if necessary. Detail Proof?

The US gives and sells some of its best military hardware to Thailand and it comes with training. Its best LOL?

The general is putting the US over a barrel as to whether it wants to provide arms and training to a dictatorship which arose from a coup. The US has to reconsider whether it would defend Thailand if needed. Total BS in the defense part? Join in Military exercise is only what is under consideration.

Not that long ago China was making claim to certain islands belonging to certain small Asian countries. Philippines is not Thailand

The US stepped in and stopped it. Details Proof???

China was claiming all fishing rights to the S. China Sea which many small Asian countries depend on. The US stepped in and stopped it. Which countries? Proof Details????

China threatened to block some shipping lanes and commercial airline routes and the US stopped it. Where how when Proof Details

The US Navy visited Thailand with ships in the Gulf of Thailand as a show of friendship with Thailand to China. It is called R & R for the troops and re provisioning supplies.

NOW the US has to decide if it will continue doing these things for a military dictatorship which overthrew an elected government and in the eyes of a lot of the world doesn't appear to be planning elections. LOL U.S. would never stop because they are the world police and seeking world domination. LOL

That dummy was well and truly spat out after the US official met with Yingluck and co. It was pretty much a statement that they feel Prayuth's Junta government is ilegitimate and they recognise that Yingluck is the rightful Prime Minister of Thailand (like it or lump it).

Many of my Thai friends are happy with the status quo. They want to give the man his shout. Their old way wasn't working.

I'm not thai. My political expectations are irrelevant here.

Interesting comment. The problem with it is that if I was asked a question regarding how Prayuth was doing by a Thai, I would not give a negative answer. Not because I think he's doing a great job, but because a negative response can end up withme receiving 'attitude adjustment' .

I would take anything you hear from Thais (or westerners living in Thailand) with a pinch of salt. Forget all these 96% approval ratings. As a previous gambling man, I think the real figure may be as high as 70% or 80%, but it would relate to where they feel Prayuth and his gang should be right now. And it ain't Parliament.

Many of my Thai friends are happy with the status quo. They want to give the man his shout. Their old way wasn't working.

I'm not thai. My political expectations are irrelevant here.

Interesting comment. The problem with it is that if I was asked a question regarding how Prayuth was doing by a Thai, I would not give a negative answer. Not because I think he's doing a great job, but because a negative response can end up withme receiving 'attitude adjustment' .

I would take anything you hear from Thais (or westerners living in Thailand) with a pinch of salt. Forget all these 96% approval ratings. As a previous gambling man, I think the real figure may be as high as 70% or 80%, but it would relate to where they feel Prayuth and his gang should be right now. And it ain't Parliament.

If he was asked, like me, I think he would acknowledge that all the comments were made in private conversations. So are you suggesting that if a Thai, in private, was to say, no, he is not doing a good job, then it may be likely that they would be taken in for an attitude adjustment. I don't think so but you are entitled to your opinion.

I think you will find that those who have high profiles and are able to attract media attention and want to create an unstable climate by making statements that could give rise to possible unrest are the ones being targeted, not ordinary Thai citizens. Even if you do not like this, just remember, they were warned.

So where do you live? If in Thailand then one must also take what you state with a grain of salt. If you do not, then what makes you the expert? Even if the figure is not 96%, I would say that you guesstimate of between 70% and 80% gives a pretty high acceptance rate, don't you think? So if there was a 96% approval rating, this would not be correct because all Thai people do not know what they are on about in regards to their own politics? How many are we talking about here, roughly 46 odd million adults, give or take a few million, who, should they say something opposite to your beliefs, don't know what they are talking about? A fallacious statement in my opinion.

Forget us westerners because, as many on here suggest, we know nothing, that is not unless we support their side, then everything is ok. No personal attacks, just kudos and a multitude of likes. All I can say is firstly, I have no political ties, just an opinion, and that is to give the man a go, from what has been occurring is not hurting me or affecting my life style in an way, nor the majority of Thais, as the country is free of mob rule, no killings of innocents, no bombing or shootings, and there have been positive results in their attempts to reduce corruption and other nefarious activities.

The wheels are turning slowly, I think, for the betterment of the country but if you believe I am wrong then I can take your criticism. However, because many are critical of the PM and the Junta's rulings and governing of the country, please enlighten us on how any of their actions have effected you. If you think what they have stopped is bad for this country and its people then I would like to know why? With all your expertise, tell us how you would govern the country? Would make interesting reading.

• Like 2

You appear to forger, or just oversee, the fact that he ALSO met with AV. So how is that showing "political favor"??

He also met with the current government representatives.

However, is only comments were in defense of Yingluck. Absolutely no comments about any of her, her brother's, or their government's actions or lack of actions.

A tad one sided don't you think?