Two homemade bombs explode in front of Siam Paragon

george

"... only to cause a panic" ?

Hell, a panic can be dangerous and kill people when they get stuck in a "bottleneck", we had this couple of years ago in Duisburg, West Germany, when visitors from Love Parade got stuck in a tunnel and panicked.

"Police officers initially told the press that the explosion was caused by a malfunctioning electric transformer."

"Pol.Maj.Gen. Sombat Milintachinda, head of the EOD team at Pathumwan Police Station, confirmed to Khaosod that the explosives were homemade "pipe bombs.”

Why don't they put their brains into gear before making statements?

In the case of the most recent " suspicious" death on Koh Tao, the family was immediately told that the victim had died of natural causes, only for that to be later retracted and changed to "suspected" drug overdose. In the case of the Frenchman that "hanged himself" it was immediately classed by the police as suicide in spite of the fact that his hands were tied behind his back, so then that was retracted to be amended to a "suspicious" death, and then changed back to suicide. In the case of the 2 murdered backpackers, there were a multitude of statements that were later retracted - too many to go into.

As previously suggested, in the current climate, why don't the police chiefs order their officers to report every death/incident as suspicious until proved otherwise? Or at the very least say "We are still making investigations, so can not comment at this time".

I understand that in the incident at Siam Square, if police had said that bombs had gone off, it may have caused panic, but I stand by what I state in the above paragraph i.e. no comment is better than untrue comments because the story of the boy who cried wolf springs to mind!

Is it just me, or does this seem like a botched / amateurish effort ? Put me in a speeding cab with a bucket of thumb tacks and I could injure several people in that part of BKK - even after the shops had closed. Either mistimed or someone looking for attention - it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Or, there is the possibility of a False Flag...

whistling.gif

I concur, If you have a look at whats happening all over the world, no pun intended MrWorldwide haha, my feeling this is a false flag event as well..... lets scare everyone into thinking they need protection from the crazy terrorists... rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMqxwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS14g

Wow! False flags all over the world.

You mean Abbott staged the Sydney siege? ISIS are really Mossad in disguise and there are no Russian forces in the Ukraine just CIA dressed up?

Must be great to to have this amazing insight into reality. Do you think all these false flags are organized for the benefit of the Rothschild controlled arms industries as part of a world wide culling process too?

rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

looks like the military have a big job to do and it will take years at this rate to even think about elections

In all fairness they should not even think about elections. It would be a distraction from their job to protect the people. Just make it permanent.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Police officers initially told the press that the explosion was caused by a malfunctioning electric transformer."

"Pol.Maj.Gen. Sombat Milintachinda, head of the EOD team at Pathumwan Police Station, confirmed to Khaosod that the explosives were homemade "pipe bombs.”

In the case of the most recent " suspicious" death on Koh Tao, the family was immediately told that the victim had died of natural causes, only for that to be later retracted and changed to "suspected" drug overdose. In the case of the Frenchman that "hanged himself" it was immediately classed by the police as suicide in spite of the fact that his hands were tied behind his back, so then that was retracted to be amended to a "suspicious" death, and then changed back to suicide. In the case of the 2 murdered backpackers, there were a multitude of statements that were later retracted - too many to go into.

As previously suggested, in the current climate, why don't the police chiefs order their officers to report every death/incident as suspicious until proved otherwise? Or at the very least say "We are still making investigations, so can not comment at this time".

I understand that in the incident at Siam Square, if police had said that bombs had gone off, it may have caused panic, but I stand by what I state in the above paragraph i.e. no comment is better than untrue comments because the story of the boy who cried wolf springs to mind!

You will better understand if you learn Thai.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a botched / amateurish effort ? Put me in a speeding cab with a bucket of thumb tacks and I could injure several people in that part of BKK - even after the shops had closed. Either mistimed or someone looking for attention - it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Given the timing, maybe they didn't want to injure anyone

looks like the military have a big job to do and it will take years at this rate to even think about elections

I'm sure that fact has occurred to them -indeed it may have occurred to them before yesterday.........

Bangkok Post still haven't used the word 'bomb' and nothing has been updated for over 3 hours....news service? My arse.

Don't forget we are living under a military <snip> and news is censored. You couldn't believe much of what you read in the papers before the coup, now you can't believe anything except the football results. Best to stick to Thai Visa for your news.

Edited by soundman

Or, there is the possibility of a False Flag...

whistling.gif

I concur, If you have a look at whats happening all over the world, no pun intended MrWorldwide haha, my feeling this is a false flag event as well..... lets scare everyone into thinking they need protection from the crazy terrorists... rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMqxwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS14g

With the well documented and proven mendacity of the Thaksin/red shirts I doubt Prayut needs to stoop to your ilks mentality

Naa, I'm staying with False Flag.

Too coincidental.

And predictable. wai2.gifwai.gif

Given the fact that we will never see an Einstein amongst these mental midgets. (As far as complex manipulation)

laugh.png

Especially, when the first words out or their mouths were:

"The attacks showed that martial law could not be lifted, said Army Lieutenant General Kampanart Ruddit, who is responsible for the Bangkok area."

http://www.reuters.c...N0L51NF20150201

Edited by iReason
  • Like 1

I wonder if anyone else feels like I do; that this is a warning. I will not be visiting Siam Paragon or The Emporium or any other upmarket shopping mall for that matter....or the BTS......or the MRT....or...

What happened at the 10am show?

Where is the CCTV footage?

Will this be the new normal for 2015?

I have a wife and two children and random acts like this are scary. It will affect are travelling plans.

I agree with you, there will be more to come, my daughter was supposed to model there this week but I am staying in Pattaya, BKK is not safe at all.

News reports are still saying it was a transformer - I guess this is a better story for international consumption?

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422806538

facepalm.gif

Typical crap reporting from Khao Sod. bah.gif

If a "high-end mall targeted" was truly being targeted, one would think it might actually be an explosion inside said "high-end mall'

Wait for it.

It will sink in.

whistling.gif

"The attacks showed that martial law could not be lifted, said Army Lieutenant General Kampanart Ruddit, who is responsible for the Bangkok area."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/01/us-thailand-bombs-idUSKBN0L51NF20150201

False Flag anyone?

The C.I.A. must have taught them something.

BTW, where is the CCTV footage?

whistling.gif

Of course it is. Two piddly little things at emporium with no injuries.

Almost impossible to do yet generates full headlines.

:cheesy: Thaivisa's investigator has the crime analyzed.

btw, the explosions were not so small and an injury did occur. Back to some more CSI episodes for you.

You left out it was not at Emporium and that it is not "almost impossible to do"

I wonder if anyone else feels like I do; that this is a warning. I will not be visiting Siam Paragon or The Emporium or any other upmarket shopping mall for that matter....or the BTS......or the MRT....or...

What happened at the 10am show?

Where is the CCTV footage?

Will this be the new normal for 2015?

I have a wife and two children and random acts like this are scary. It will affect are travelling plans.

I agree with you, there will be more to come, my daughter was supposed to model there this week but I am staying in Pattaya, BKK is not safe at all.

It's a lot safer than most western cities, that's for sure!

You mean "Thai" or "Thainess"?

You'd think disgruntled reds which is a strong possibility. But this being Thailand and the way the elites play their games you could well believe a false flag thing happening here.

Let's wait till the culprits, if ever, are caught. There is CCTV all over the place there it would be pretty damn impossible not go get the suspects picture.

• Like 1

You mean "Thai" or "Thainess"?

A bit off topic but :- Following conflicting reports from police last week they had – or not – arrested the man responsible for a dozen assaults including two murders during the past four years in the Bangkok outskirts, authorities believe he tried to break into the home of another woman Saturday night.

Once again "conflicting reports"!

I talked to a friend today who is an electrical inspector (was in England now in New Zealand) and he said an oil cooled transformer should not be installed in such a place as when they have an electrical explosion it is often followed by a second explosion as the oil coolant explodes. He said not uncommon at all. I would be interested in knowing if this was an oil cooled transformer

Anyone making or using bombs should be treated like a terrorist. Punishment either life in prison without parole or simply shot on site.

Finally someone who has something important or at least of value to say. The only problem is to get the Thais to put these types of suggestions into law and then enforce that law. If this style of violence catches on, then you will start to see an exodus of foreigners heading for the exits after an explosion kills several people.