True Internet problem CM

lj cm

My True Internet has been down for almost a week now.

I've called True 3 times and every time they give different explanations e.g.. improvement of system, "accident" and promise it will work again soon.

Does anyone else have this problem and/or know something about it?.

I live close to Airport Plaza and maybe it's only that area, that has problem.

Ours goes out intermittently but never for a week at a time. We live near Kad Suan Kaew. Have back-up service with one of those AIS dongle thingies we can plug into a computer. Doesn't give us whole-house wifi, but helps "in an emergency". Also, a Smart Phone can be configured to be a "Hot Spot". Have used that in a pinch, also, but it's slow. I understand most Smart Phones have this capability now.

I've found the True internet call center to be surprisingly helpful and their English very good. Usually when I call, some sort of reconfiguration of the wifi is needed.

Ours goes out intermittently but never for a week at a time. We live near Kad Suan Kaew. Have back-up service with one of those AIS dongle thingies we can plug into a computer. Doesn't give us whole-house wifi, but helps "in an emergency". Also, a Smart Phone can be configured to be a "Hot Spot". Have used that in a pinch, also, but it's slow. I understand most Smart Phones have this capability now.

I've found the True internet call center to be surprisingly helpful and their English very good. Usually when I call, some sort of reconfiguration of the wifi is needed.

I agree; and other times, I've had problems, they have solved it the same day or the day after.

This time it must have been a "major" problem.

PS! I also survived with an AIS dongle.

I had terrible troubles with my True ADSL in Pattaya a few months ago. The connection would drop out for 5 minutes every 10 from about 11 am to 4 pm every day. Constant calls to TRUE got nowhere except a tech would come round, mysteriously the problem would not occur when he was here. check everything and say nothing was wrong and then try and sell me an optical connection. This went on for weeks and I would daily email them a list of all the different IP addresses I had during the day. I asked for problem to be fixed and appropriate refund. After many weeks the problem stopped and they offered me 200+ baht discount. But a week later they said that the 200 baht was incorrect and it should only be 100+ baht. Dummies.

I have True internet service, and never seem to have a problem with it. They provide the speed that I pay for, and except for Saturday nights, usually give me that full speed. Very rare for the service to be out completely. One the odd occasions that I do have a problem, the Support Service in Bangkok spends as much time as needed talking me through router resets if needed, or sends out a Tech Rep who shows up on time and gets the needed work done.

Edited by FolkGuitar