Drinking Beer could 'help fight dementia'

Boycie

Below is the explanation given by Cliff, the postman and bar regular in the series “Cheers” to Norm as to why beer is good for you.

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Oh Cliff !! Classic Cliff!! God I miss that guy & series...is he still alive ?Gonna have to get the Cheers series DVD out ...now where did I put it......

I recently downloaded the whole series and watched them again.........IMO the best comedy series to come out of the USA.

If you drink crap beer like ALL the Asian largers you will die, drink German, UK and any other bloody Euro beer except largers for a long life. Bottle fermented is best.

True. German beers are clean unlike most beer which is poison.

Check beer ingredients on Google and it's amazing they are allowed to sell them

----------

It is truly astonishing that Germany has the Reinheitsgebot for 500 years. Only water, malt and hops were allowed. Later, they admitted yeast as well. Wheat could replace barley-malt but it had to be top fermented. This unique purity law was turned into a modern technology beer law in 93, allowing certain additives during the brewing of top fermented beers that have to be filtered out before the beer hits the counter.

The rest of the world is less concerned about rules for making beer. That is why craft beer is so much more popular in the States, the UK and other places compared to Germany. The Germans seem to be content with their own 5000 different beers. Bavaria should be free of dementia or is it?

-------

• Like 1

I once got smashed with Colonel George Geotzke (US Army Ret.) at his palatial house around Saphan Kwai/Pahonyothin in BKK.

Col. George was a Viet Nam vet, was pretty cool & spoke great Thai, was friends with every thug Army, police & border patrol guy in his day. He died peacefully in his sleep due to a stroke at 76 years old in Hua Hin in 2009.

If you ever see the Gene Hackman 1983 movie Uncommon Valor, Col. George had a bit part as the CIA guy in Bangkok. He's the bald guy that told Hackman to take his mercenaries & leave town while the BIB were trying bust his crew for buying weapons.

I saw that damned movie almost 20 years later in Indiana, & said "Shit! That's Col. Goetzke!". He never told me about it.

My point is......Got hammered w/ the Colonel & I was staying at the Sofitel a couple miles away. He was my ride.

I told him I should go as I didn't think he'd want to drive drunk......He said, "Well, actually, here, IT HELPS!"

His wife gave me a ride back to my hotel thank heavens!!!!

If I make it to 70 or 76 I'll be happy.

My Aunt's 82nd birthday was yesterday and, bless her heart, is in pain every day due to one ailment or another.

To each his own. She had a bottle of cheap champagne that she'd bought around New Year. I'm 48, Mom is 78 & their cousin Johnny was here & he's 78 we all had a little tipple of Aunt Mary's Ripple for her birthday.

I know Aunt Mary quite well (since I was born - she's Mom's older sister), but never had a drink with her. It took her about 3 sips and she was having a blast!

"Pour me some more!"

Good on her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She drank two whole glasses!!!!!!

• Like 1

Below is the explanation given by Cliff, the postman and bar regular in the series “Cheers” to Norm as to why beer is good for you.

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

I'm sure this also explains why women become more attractive after a few beers. But then if you consider the ultimate result, the more beers we all consume, the uglier the babies we'll produce, and pretty soon, we'll have a whole society of ugly people. So peoples will live longer, but be uglier. All due to more drinking.

Oh nevermind.

• Like 2

just skulled a can of cheers from 711 and i already forgot about my altzheimers

Yeah mate keep drinking you don't even know Alzheimers is just a type of Dementia bah.gif

Keep up your good work clap2.gif

I think not getting the clue of a joke is also a type of dementia.

Me neither????