Canceling ED Visa for Nongkhai Visa Run

Basically an extension based on work or study, so they can determine if you are on overstay or not.

So if you have extension based on marrige, they should asked proof you are not divorced. So they can determine if you are on overstay or not... smile.png

• Like 1

Basically an extension based on work or study, so they can determine if you are on overstay or not.

So if you have extension based on marrige, they should asked proof you are not divorced. So they can determine if you are on overstay or not... smile.png

I assume you are being sarcastic. They would not be concerned about you being divorced and for one thing you probably would be leaving with a re-entry permit.

They would not stop a person with any extension if they had a valid re-entry permit as an added note.

For those working it is more to check that you have not stayed here after you stopped working. For a ED extension it to confirm you have been attending a school and have the ability to get a letter.

Yes, maybe sarcastic and trying to find logic :)

But now, if you are on extension based on work. Then you get fired -> extension ends same day. You are on overstay from that day. But if you want to stay longer, you go buy re-entry permit and not tell immigration you got fired. Illegal ofcourse, but now when you leave, immigration does not ask anything and you fly out without paying overstay fee? Right? Or do you need some proof you still work when you buy re-entry permit?

Yes, maybe sarcastic and trying to find logic smile.png

But now, if you are on extension based on work. Then you get fired -> extension ends same day. You are on overstay from that day. But if you want to stay longer, you go buy re-entry permit and not tell immigration you got fired. Illegal ofcourse, but now when you leave, immigration does not ask anything and you fly out without paying overstay fee? Right? Or do you need some proof you still work when you buy re-entry permit?

If you were flying out you wold not be prevented from leaving with or without the work permit. Nong Kai is the only place that asks for the cancellation.

Chances are the person would already have a re-entry permit. Immigration does not ask for proof you are still working to get a re-entry permit..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok I got it thanks Mario.

Would it be possible to have it cancelled before the expiration date? so that i got time to go to Nong Khai?

FYI:

last day of extension of stay: Feb 28th

IMO where I got your extension of stay.: Pathum Thani

Leaving in Bkk :/

Thanks Joe

7 days extension after the date on the letter, right?

Subsidiary question: The school whom I got my ED visa with is registered in Pathum Thani. So far I've done the extension at the IMO in PT even if I'm living in Bkk. The last time I went there I was given only one month. Before I decide to cancel this ED visa may I be able to apply for the next extension in Chang Wattana instead?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I just came from Jomtien immigration today the immigration officer doing the 90 day check reports says.

If you go on the last day of your visa expiring then you can just leave without a cancellation letter.

The cancellation letter from your school is only if you are leaving before the final date of your visa. 4/27/2015

The OP tried to leave on the last day of his extension and they wouldn't let him...

As for leaving before or on the last day of your *visa* (the initial 90 days you get when you enter Thailand) - no need to have the visa cancelled.

Only extensions need to be cancelled at the immigration office.

I just came from Jomtien immigration today the immigration officer doing the 90 day check reports says.

If you go on the last day of your visa expiring then you can just leave without a cancellation letter.

The cancellation letter from your school is only if you are leaving before the final date of your visa. 4/27/2015

The OP tried to leave on the last day of his extension and they wouldn't let him...

As for leaving before or on the last day of your *visa* (the initial 90 days you get when you enter Thailand) - no need to have the visa cancelled.

Only extensions need to be cancelled at the immigration office.

Not sure why you are posting on this old outdated topic. Nong Khai no longer requires that the extension be cancelled to leave the country.