Prayut bets with life to stop attempts to create rift in the country

webfact

Who gives a damn about a national democracy? It has never worked anywhere, even in Athens. Thailand needs to restore its Republic with representation chosen by the people.

Erm, you do know what a republic is don't you???

The old "democracy trap" eh....... So basically, Prayuth is no big fan of democracy in Thailand.

He is probably right. 81 years and 19 coups, I think democracy will never work here either.

Yeah, there seem to be lots of obstacles. It's a testament to human hope and perseverance that the people keep on trying.

Why does everybody thinks/wants this man to be perfect?

He is just a man.

He will make mistakes.

He will never please everybody.

IMO, I believe he has the right will and drive to do what is needed for Thailand.

Yes, I do not angree with all he has done, but then what "politician" ever will.

People seems to think he will become a dictator or worse. Grow up people (farangs). This is 2015 and Thailand.

Give the man a chance and that takes time.

Even in my own country I always said: "I wish politicians could only be elected, if they did NOT want the job"

• Like 2

You want to clean up corruption, Mr General PM? How about you start with your own beloved military. Thailand's combined military is one-fourth that of the US, but they have 10 times MORE Generals, and they are ALL millionaires. Please don't give me that crap about how they all "married rich girls", as not even the dumbest Thai believes that.

When you clean your own house, maybe then you'll have the right to clean the house of Thailand. Until then all I hear is bull dung.

I would like to know the salary of a General and all the pay steps he might have experienced on average to get there and then have them justify how they became millionaires... does the military have mandatory investment advice for it's officers?

When do people stop accepting the Pot calling the Kettle black in this country?

As army chief, prior to his retirement at the end of September, the general received a THB1.4 million (US$43,000) annual salary.[27][28]

According to WIKKI...

• Like 1

That is why, I admire you Prime Minister.

You are a patriot, and a man of honour.

I believe that at the end you will succeed with your aspirations.

Thailand will be a better country with you, in charge.thumbsup.gif

I think I just threw up a little..

Hope you are feeling better now......

I've heard it's that virus, called elections, going around.....but don't worry it will be a long time till it affects Thailand.

Strange to be against the elections, being a "greek member"...and what happen in Greece after some elections.

Your comment may be understood in two ways IMo :

1) you're a troll and a big one, no racism here, you can be a troll, you just not really subtle

2) you re blind and know nothing about military corruption and graft in Thailand, and believe me the top army men here use corruption a lot....just go have a look at some wine caves the military keeps in the transit area of Bangkok. Billions of bahts (yes with a B) in wines for the elite army kept there by....

He's a clown, but that aside; Perhaps you (being one of his greatest ass-kissers) can explain how that trip or anything he has done is putting his own life (rather than others..) at risk? How is any of this gambling with his own life? I'm curious

• Like 1

I actually believe him and have believed in him from the start

Those that question his integrity sincerity and his motivation need to take a long hard look at themselves

The task he faces is not easy as there are so many people that will lose their rich corrupt incomes or at least not find it so easy going forward to do the same - Thailand has been in need of a stiff unforgiving environment for those that have found it easy to pillage and corrupt the people for so many years, they are the only voices that will be heard opposing such changes - I believe Prayuth Chan O Cha will prevail

"Those that question his integrity sincerity and his motivation need to take a long hard look at themselves"

Or just take a quick look at who is associates with.

You want to clean up corruption, Mr General PM? How about you start with your own beloved military. Thailand's combined military is one-fourth that of the US, but they have 10 times MORE Generals, and they are ALL millionaires. Please don't give me that crap about how they all "married rich girls", as not even the dumbest Thai believes that.

When you clean your own house, maybe then you'll have the right to clean the house of Thailand. Until then all I hear is bull dung.

Thai military combined is one-fourth of the U.S.? You must be referring to the number of infantry soldiers. Otherwise, how many aircraft carriers, F-22s, F-35s, Trident subs, etc etc etc does Thailand have?

Prayuth knows he is betting with his life : Chalerm has already warned him that his life is in danger if he goes too far. I think this is part of the reason he hasn't gone after Thaksin.

This is the same drunken idiot who promised to be beheaded if he didn't get Thaksin back and the same dinosaur Pheu-Thai thought was an appropriate Deputy PM. And they wonder why we farang laugh at them ...

• Like 1

The old "democracy trap" eh....... So basically, Prayuth is no big fan of democracy in Thailand.

He is probably right. 81 years and 19 coups, I think democracy will never work here either.

you're kidding

He clearly knows that there was no democracy in Thailand. The word was abused by the make "yourself rich" politicians.

But about attempts to create rift - There are people who are just doing that - what can he do?

After reading a brief History of this self proclamed Thai PM...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

Speaking the "Truth", is not one of his strong points.

I/E

Prayut claimed that the army was neutral, and would not launch a coup.

or

when he sought to moderate his profile,

talking to relatives of protesters who were killed in the bloody conflict,

This when he was co-operating with the government ofYingluck Shinawatra who won parliamentary election in July 2011.

The list of this guy's speaking of Non Truth's goes on and on....

Worry some for the future of Thailand...

Maybe you should read more than a brief history before you call someone a liar.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-12-27/thai-general-refuses-to-rule-out-coup-as-unrest-drags-on

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/692375-thai-army-chief-prayuth-refuses-to-rule-out-a-military-coup/

Yes he only needs to be fair and not show sides and Thailand will be full of happiness. But it is clear that is not the case. No chance for reconciliation along the path he is taking. But does he really want reconciliation until he knows the most popular side cannot win an election. And that will never happen.