Giant shark near Phuket ends up on barbecues

webfact

Look at the picture, isnt that proof enough that they live in these waters? Ive seen one at Racha Yai when I first got here little over a year ago. I spearfish, no tanks. Meaning I spend hours in the water not scaring fish with bubbles. Ive seen many bulls over the years in different Pacific waters and it was unmistakeable to my trained eyes what i saw.

"Look at the picture, isnt that proof enough that they live in these waters?"

The only thing the photo alone proves is that they don't live around here, it was dead. Couldn't it have died in it's normal habitat and been washed up were it was found?

I saw quite a big shark at Hin Klang off Phi Phi. My dive buddy and I couldn't put it down to anything else but a bull shark. That was in about 2008 though. If you look at the picture of this shark the fins sort of give it away. If only they got a photo of the tail it would be certain. What other 300 kilo shark could it be?

The only other shark it could possibly be is a tiger

Look at the picture, isnt that proof enough that they live in these waters? Ive seen one at Racha Yai when I first got here little over a year ago. I spearfish, no tanks. Meaning I spend hours in the water not scaring fish with bubbles. Ive seen many bulls over the years in different Pacific waters and it was unmistakeable to my trained eyes what i saw.

"Look at the picture, isnt that proof enough that they live in these waters?"

The only thing the photo alone proves is that they don't live around here, it was dead. Couldn't it have died in it's normal habitat and been washed up were it was found?

Hahahaha and where would it have died and remained so fresh that the locals would still eat it? A freezer truck or something? The shark would have started decaying immediately and within a day been putrid and rank in theses hot waters. Of course it died here. Yes theses big guys do inhabit these water, your chance of encountering one is obviously not very high. And thats a good thing because these are dangerous beasts. Come on........

http://www.fishing-khaolak.com/gallery/saltwater/bull_shark/bull_shark.html

Just saw this link. It appears fisherman pull up quite a few around the Similans and Andaman Sea

That's the same link somebody else already gave. Where they catch shark after shark at Racha Noi and Racha Yai, mako's, bulls, tigers, hammerhead. laugh.pnglaugh.png

<clip..clip>

Secondly, bull sharks are more dangerous than great whites or tiger sharks. They have the highest testosterone levels of any animal, including humans, on this planet, which makes them extremely aggressive. <clip..clip>

Thirdly, they do inhabit these waters. As a scuba diver I have often seem them when on day trip diving expeditions out of Phuket, as well as other diving sites around Thailand.

Finally, bull sharks are responsible for more shark attacks on humans than any other breed of shark, and that's because they can survive in both salt and fresh water, and they regularly migrate along rivers from the sea well past where the salt water ends and the fresh water begins. There have been many documentaries made about this behaviour by bull sharks.

At Chumpon Pinnacle near Koh Tao there are quite often bull sightings.

From Phuket: no, sorry, not true. I have been diving here for 10+ years now, and dive very regularly here and speak other instructors on a daily basis. Nobody has ever seen one here.

In these waters I do know of one (1) confirmed sighting, about 10 years ago on a Burma trip in Burma waters.

if You were using scuba then you probably see very few if any sharks. The bubbles spook them and make them very scared. I remember swimming along at about 60 feet with a shoal of sharks in the PPI lands. I was about to film them when they started darting all over the place and then they all disappeared a few minutes later I saw a group of scuba divers approaching. In other countries it's much the same. Diving in the Maldives in 1955 I saw tens of thousands of sharks everywhere. This of course before the event of anybody using scuba diving in the country. I saw lots of sharks at the islands of pattaya when I was diving there in 1963. But I don't use scuba. ,But of course now they're all gone.

I have done plenty of rebreather diving. And yes, it makes some difference, but not as much as is sometimes claimed. I do find underwater behaviour makes a much bigger difference. When calm and relaxed fish let you approach much easier than the people rushing in for the photo op.

Just saw this link. It appears fisherman pull up quite a few around the Similans and Andaman Sea

That's the same link somebody else already gave. Where they catch shark after shark at Racha Noi and Racha Yai, mako's, bulls, tigers, hammerhead. laugh.pnglaugh.png
OK then what sort of shark is in the original picture then? Please enlighten us all with your pearls of wisdom

OK then what sort of shark is in the original picture then? Please enlighten us all with your pearls of wisdom

Methinks you will have a long wait for any reply with even a hint of wisdom,let alone pearls of....smile.png

Methinks you will have a long wait for any reply with even a hint of wisdom,let alone pearls of....smile.png

Only a fool would determine the species on a picture like that.

Then what is it since you are a non- believer? There arent that many shark species in these water.

^^^^

Exactly...spot on...so, comeon...tell us..

From the picture it looks under 2 meters, with weight around 100kgs, however the extra weight from the babies may have caused all the exaggerations. The wide jaw suggests a bull shark, however the dorsal fin is hard to make out in the picture.