The 90 Day enigma

As I gather, the 90 Day Reporting will have to be done at the place of issuance of the (Long Term) Visa. This is scheduled to take hold in the near (or distant) future. According to the internal findings of the General and his advisers

Why not finish this 90 day Hokus-Pokus altogether. As far as I know, by omitting and disregarding this 90 day Hocus-Pokus, the maximum fine of 1 year of non-reporting can not exceed 2000 Bht in form of a fine, without affecting your retirement-visa-status in any sort of way.

If the additional cost of 2000 Bht per year should cramp your lifestyle, you should not be here in the first place.

If every Farang would go this route (2000 Fine per year) by non-reporting, the inflowing funds would enable the countless immigration soldiers to finally learn the "world-Language" that is and remains ENGLISH.

Good luck, Thailand. Cheers.

The rule that you have to report to where you extension was done is already in effect and is really nothing new. Before if you were traveling around the country you could report at any immigration office but not now.

If they wanted to you could be fined up to the max fine of 5000 baht and 200 baht a day until you report.

The rule that you have to report to where you extension was done is already in effect and is really nothing new. Before if you were traveling around the country you could report at any immigration office but not now.

If they wanted to you could be fined up to the max fine of 5000 baht and 200 baht a day until you report.

Yes sir could go as high as 60,000 baht for the first year. Cheap at any price. NOT.whistling.gif

• Like 1

will have to be done at the place of issuance of the (Long Term) Visa.

The only visa described as "long term" is the non-imm O-A and it's place of issuance, like all visas, would be at an embassy or consulate outside Thailand.

Apparently several things can seem enigmatic to some people.

But to take the OP at his word, he would presumably be unaffected by the recent rule change in any event! In other words he could, in theory, move around LOS to his heart's content during the nearly 2 years he could get out of his "long-term" non-OA visa before he needed to start applying for annual extensions of stay, and experience no problems in making a 90-day report to whichever immigration office covered the address which was his current "flavour of the month" (or, should I say, "90 days") abode-wise! biggrin.png

• Like 1

I am not rich, but 2,000 Baht per year would not make much difference to my life style.

I am not rich, but 1 day off, travelling around every 3 months does not make much difference to my life style, either.

????????????

+1....For most people it's not such a big effort to do the reporting.

• Like 2

yes in Bkk for example it's only 3 1/2 wait

A walk in the park ...

You can do it by mail.

Instead of CW you can also do it at Imperial World Lad Phrao or Major Hollywood Imperial work. About 10 minutes according to some reports.

will have to be done at the place of issuance of the (Long Term) Visa.

The only visa described as "long term" is the non-imm O-A and it's place of issuance, like all visas, would be at an embassy or consulate outside Thailand.

Apparently several things can seem enigmatic to some people.

As usual, very helpful...why bother? Make you feel good about yourself?

Pathetic.

• Like 1

You can report by post from anywhere - so long as your return address is the same... wink.png

Hmm, not to those offices who don't accept mailed-in reports, I would have thought.

Which offices are reported to not accept posted in 90 day reports?

You can report by post from anywhere - so long as your return address is the same... wink.png

Hmm, not to those offices who don't accept mailed-in reports, I would have thought.

There are a few offices that don't allow mailed in reports. Kap Choeng and Korat come to mind. there are others but I can't recall the names at the moment.

Cant see what the problem is doing a 90 day report, I have been doing them for 10 yrs with no complications.

I believe you can also report up to 7 days before and after the reporting date, may be wrong.

Why make waves, get up off your ar*e and just do it, instead of winging about something as minor as reporting that you are still at the same address, as this is what it is for.

• Like 1

I agree with Swissie, the 90 day report is good for nothing.
The last three times I did the report the wanted nothing (i,e. zero, nada) to confirm my address. In the last 11 years I moved once and that was in a three km radius.

In the past they wanted some supporting documents, they usually accepted an electricity bill or internet invoice even if it is not on the name of the person which did the report.

So what they gain with that report? National security?

The good guys report the correct address every 90 days, the other group (Russian mafia, Al Qaeda, Terrorists and fugitives etc.) will not report the correct address, they are not that stupid.

So the whole 90 day report is only waste of time! It is as helpful to the security as a 99 THB styrofoam helmet on a Hayabusa.

On the other hand you can mail the silly slip to them and don't waste any of your time.

There are a few offices that don't allow mailed in reports. Kap Choeng and Korat come to mind. there are others but I can't recall the names at the moment.

Sakhon Nakon doesn't want a mailed report either. Bad for me, because I live halfway between Konkaen and Udon Thani, but because I am just behind the border of Kalasin I have to go to Sakhon Nakorn: 180 km to go and 180 km to go home. But I don't complain: it is done in less than 3 minutes and then I can do some shopping (shoes and clothing that fits me...).

• Like 2

I thought the facility to do posted in reporting was enshrined in the actual law.. How come some offices are operating illegally?

Sakhon Nakon doesn't want a mailed report either. Bad for me, because I live halfway between Konkaen and Udon Thani, but because I am just behind the border of Kalasin I have to go to Sakhon Nakorn: 180 km to go and 180 km to go home. But I don't complain: it is done in less than 3 minutes and then I can do some shopping (shoes and clothing that fits me...).

Sakhon Nakorn, excerpts mailed in reports, I've been mailing them for five years now. Only go once a year for an extension.

Edited by ubonjoe
snipped excess quotes only 4 can be done

You can always post it in at a lot of Immigration offices.

As for me I just go to Nakhon Sawan every 90 days and it is usually done in about 10 minutes depending on the queue. My last one was done in 3 minutes.

It is a 125km each way trip for me and I treat it as a day out end enjoy myself.

takes my mate 10 mins to walk to the Nakhon Sawan office - lucky bugger

The Address Reporting every 90 days has got to help in enforcing limits on and catching bad guys like the Russian described in this issue of tvisa. Suck it up and use the mail, that works. Resenting the 90 day reporting is like hating a rain shower just when you wanted to take a walk. Get over it.wai.gif

• Like 1

Seeing as the facility to post in 90day reports is enshrined in law - is there any reason not to just do that and let them complain? They'd never get any legal action past the immigration bosses. wink.png

From section 37 of the immigration act.

"In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the Director General "

It is just one of those things that immigration allows local offices to make their own rules for.

Seeing as the facility to post in 90day reports is enshrined in law - is there any reason not to just do that and let them complain? They'd never get any legal action past the immigration bosses. wink.png

From section 37 of the immigration act.

"In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the Director General "

It is just one of those things that immigration allows local offices to make their own rules for.

The inconsistency is a niggle, especially when it is actually quite tricky to know if an off will accept reports by mail. In this thread there is mention of an immigration office by 2 posters with conflicting reports of the acceptability of mailed reports. TiT and inconsistency tends to be the only constant ;)

My retirement- extensions for the last 2 years have been performed by immi-offices outside of my district. Chonbury / Ayuthaya.

My 90 day mail reports have always been done at my district immi-office Nakhon Pathom. Last time per December 24. No problems. At least at Nakhon Pathom-immi they don't seem to care where the retirement-extension was issued.

Cheers.

My retirement- extensions for the last 2 years have been performed by immi-offices outside of my district. Chonbury / Ayuthaya.

My 90 day mail reports have always been done at my district immi-office Nakhon Pathom. Last time per December 24. No problems. At least at Nakhon Pathom-immi they don't seem to care where the retirement-extension was issued.

Cheers.

The new rule apparently went into effect on the 1st of January. I hope they accept your next report and don't tell you that you have to do your report where you got your extension.