NATO defense ministers agree to establish Spearhead Force

webfact

NATO defense ministers agree to establish Spearhead Force
English.news.cn

BRUSSELS, Feb. 6 (Xinhua) -- NATO defense ministers agreed on Thursday to strengthen the Alliance's collective defense.

The decisions would "ensure that we have the right forces in the right place at the right time," said NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg at the press conference following the meeting.

The defense ministers agreed that the Readiness Action Plan, approved at Wales Summit last year, strengthens NATO's collective defense and its crisis management capability.

The defense ministers agreed to enhance the NATO Response Force, and decided on the size and scope of a new very high readiness force, the Spearhead Force.

"We decided that this very high readiness force will consist of a land brigade of around 5,000 troops. These will be supported by air, sea and special forces," said Stoltenberg.

He said the Spearhead Force would be backed up by two more brigades "as a rapid reinforcement capability in case of a major crisis." Altogether, the enhanced NATO Response Force "would count up to around 30,000 troops."

Full story: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/europe/europe/2015-02/06/c_133973407.htm

-- Xinhua 2015-02-06

So why is the US involved in Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Romania AT ALL?

Pull all hardware and troops out of Europe, go home, and let Europe sort it out.

The US taxpayers aren't the "World's Police," don't you know. whistling.gif

are you sure

So why is the US involved in Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Romania AT ALL?

Pull all hardware and troops out of Europe, go home, and let Europe sort it out.

Yes. Isolationism really worked well in the European wars last century.

Russia dominating Europe under Putin, the Chinese expanding their influence all over Asia (and Africa) and the US goes home and puts up the shutters. Good plan.

• Like 2

Unless there's something in it for them.

You have to take the good with the bad, otherwise you're just an interfering thief.

Pull them out...sure.....but close down every single base that is not on US contiguous soil, Alaska or Hawaii. Includes Antarctica, Guatanamo and various Pacific islands.

Your ignorance astounds me. First the US involvement in Europe is NATO. The countries you mention are currently not members of NATO so if the US is involved in them I agree with you They should get the f*** out.

Second you say that the US taxpayers are not "Worlds Police". Again I agree with you. So why do they keep voting in successive governments that think they are. They are all over the world meddling in other sovereign countries affairs. It is the US taxpayer that has the power to put an end to this world policing. If the US would stop doing this I am sure there are many countries who would think this a good thing.

Your ignorance astounds me. First the US involvement in Europe is NATO. The countries you mention are currently not members of NATO so if the US is involved in them I agree with you They should get the f*** out.

Second you say that the US taxpayers are not "Worlds Police". Again I agree with you. So why do they keep voting in successive governments that think they are. They are all over the world meddling in other sovereign countries affairs. It is the US taxpayer that has the power to put an end to this world policing. If the US would stop doing this I am sure there are many countries who would think this a good thing.

Yes, the US taxpayer has the power to put an end to this world policing, but they don't have the spunk of rabbits.