Warning to employees: Chat or job

Thaivisa News

Every worker in the country is facing the sack including the police

in the country...

rather in the world...

I know i chatted during work, I still do but this time I am the boss. I don't mind as long as work does not suffer. Work first then the rest but nobody can be focused on work all the time.

• Like 2

I was under the impression severance pay was not required for staff working for less than 3 months.

I am not sure why there were even any grounds at all for a claim.

Perhaps the article is incorrect and she was after compensation for wrongful dismissal.

I will be discussing this article with all of my uni students next week.

This is getting to be a ridiculous problem. I went to registration desk at hospital here and had to wait for employee to get off her personal phone. I raised hell with the int'l affairs office because I previously worked in healthcare administration back home . Friday I ordered a sandwich and while waiting for it to heat in a toaster oven the employee took two phone calls. The bread had several large burn spots. I demanded my money back...I got it but unfortunately no manager available to complain to.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

in the country...

rather in the world...

I know i chatted during work, I still do but this time I am the boss. I don't mind as long as work does not suffer. Work first then the rest but nobody can be focused on work all the time.

You can't be serious.

Many Thai companies are already very lacking in efficiency and productivity, I know from my consulting work. Why encourage it?

One of the worst I have seen: "No I can't get the data immediately, I'm busy chatting to my friend". Look closer at her screen and the friend is displaying her shopping.

Same company, everything delivered late. Why? Simple answer most of the female staff are watching Korean soap operas on line.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I will be discussing this article with all of my uni students next week.

This is getting to be a ridiculous problem. I went to registration desk at hospital here and had to wait for employee to get off her personal phone. I raised hell with the int'l affairs office because I previously worked in healthcare administration back home . Friday I ordered a sandwich and while waiting for it to heat in a toaster oven the employee took two phone calls. The bread had several large burn spots. I demanded my money back...I got it but unfortunately no manager available to complain to.

It's already an issue at my uni and many of the students are adamant that they should be able to talk and text to friends while thy do their work.

In the discussion I posed:

- A situation where they were the business owner who had have many staff often talking / chatting on the phone or doing personal e-mails on the internet.

- Customers are not getting personal attention.

- Mistakes are happening because people are not focused on their work.

Each team (about 7 teams) had to agree a response to each point.

Overall summation, "So what, I need to talk to my friends".

in the country...

rather in the world...

100% agreed...btw i am at work at the moment...

not correct. if you go into any quality retail or customer facing business in the uk you would be highly unlikely to see them chatting on social networking sites or making personal phone call while at work.

indeed many businesses, rightly or wrongly, ban employees from taking their mobile devices on to the shop floor. it is in their contract of employment and a disciplinary even potentially dismissal offence.

• Like 1

I was under the impression severance pay was not required for staff working for less than 3 months.

I am not sure why there were even any grounds at all for a claim.

Perhaps the article is incorrect and she was after compensation for wrongful dismissal.

A 90-day contingency (probational) employment status should be "abundantly" clear, even within the ambiguousity of the Thai language. And, particularly so, for someone holding an Accounting degree. Duh! coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

in the country...

rather in the world...

Nothing like setting a good example is there? Lack of leadership could be just as bad.

Thank goodness. I am tired of fighting with people I employ. Having to explain all the time why it is not fair work practice to be on the phone. We have breaks. They can use it then.

But there was nothing to do they say. They have to look for things to do,when being paid.