How do you heat your home in Thailand?

As retrofit we use inverter air conditioning which produces heat as well as cold and regulates a temperature you set. If going again for new build, I would use the same if in central or southern regions but if up north, I would use a specific heat generation solution.

Reckon if you live in a place like Chiang Rai, you would need some sort of heating at home.

I do live in CR and would never even consider wasting money on a heater for the house. On the really 'cold' days I simply wear a sweatshirt and socks in the morning and evening until the sun is up and it is warm enough to take the sweatshirt off. That said, it is only this kind of cold for maybe 10 days all year. I think one would have to be a real wuss to think that any kind of space heater is a must for those few 'cold' days. Now I will admit that taking a shower in the AM and PM does cause some trepidation (and some shrinkage) but that's part of the Thai experience here in the North. thumbsup.gif

Try warm water.

Coming from Sweden I dont have any problems. Late nite / morning temperatures around 10 /12degrees C is normal in the NE. And early spring temp. in Sweden. Get used to it,find a good lady or invest in some heating thing or find somewhere else - its only 1 or 2 months / year

I visited a friends house in Chiang rai at Christmas one year, he had built a great western fireplace. It was really cold outside, but that fire warmed up most of the house and was nice to sit in front of. I plan on building one too when my time for a house up north comes. If you didn't want to deal with all the masonry, there are contained metal wood stoves with a pipe that may be a little easier to install.

• Like 1

When it gets way down to 21c here and all the Thais are freezing with chattering teeth and hard nipples, I close the doors and windows.

I really see no need for a heater in Thailand...ever!

If i had to choose between heat and seeing hard nipples I would choose giggle.gif

OP question was not that stupid...

Last year we moved from Nonthaburi to uphill Khao Yai/Thap Lan national parks, Na Dee district.

Early this January, temperatures dropped to a shocking eight degrees celsius for a least two weeks ; and even today, around 7am, there was a mere fifteen...

As buildings are still under construction: in the evenings, we re-heated ourservelves with baked comfort foods while leaving the oven's door opened ;

and at nights, a comfy goose feather duvet was doing more than the trick.

For next "winter": a wood open fire and a chimney is definitely in the plans for our inside/out garden living room.

PS: our Persian cats seem to be the happiest with that cold weather and permanent fresh breeze... smile.png

• Like 1

You can install Airconditioners that are of the heat pump variety, the same as in Europe or Libya. LG and others make them.

The obvious and simple option which works. Have been looking everywhere KK, Kalasin, Roi Et and even BKK with the same reply of "no have Thailand". Frustrating.

• Like 1