Farang neighbour almost sets house on fire out of crowing rage

Thaivisa News

Animal nosies don't bother me at any time of day or night....I like them.

Hahaha, yeah, animal noises as in chirping and singing birds and the occasional roar of a tiger in the nearby jungle. Try living beside a bunch of dysfunctional loony bins for a while who let their stealing and scavenging dogs bark all day and night long. I like them too when the guy in the pick-up truck with his 6x1000 watt speakers accidentally runs over one again laugh.png . On a more serious note. It makes more and more sense to me these days why so many farangs just give up and join the local farang bar scene. What else can you do living in such a dysfunctional society where nobody cares about anything or anybody. We always say; we have to accept our new surroundings and blend in, try not to complain, be nice to the neighbors, etc, etc while the whole time the neighbors don't give a s-hit about you. They just don't. Where we are from we somehow learn to be more considerate and somehow care about noise or bothering other people. That's our shortcoming over here. Every time I have approached neighbors on a soft and decent note they change for a day or 2 and then it's back to the old tricks. On the other hand when I approached them as the mad farang I always got things done. When you show fear or weakness the locals don't take you too seriously. 15 years later I am still here and unlike many apologists who always warn us not to be angry when dealing with matters like this because they might hurt you or even worse; speak for yourself! I've never feared any of them and that gets things done. Respect to the guys who live upcountry and have managed to blend in and actually like it. They are true saints or either complete alcoholics

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One wonders what he would have done if he had a karaoke joint next door,

a town dweller i suspect.

regards Worgeordie

Well he has chosen to live in Amphur Muang, which is classed as town.

I think it's really annoying to have that noise next door to you.

I just had to step in-between two neighbors, a Thai and a Farang, who were about to get into a fight over the Thai's barking dog. According to them both, the dog barks all night every night. Funny, I never heard it; I use a/c and play music or TV all night; drowns out the noise and allows a nice snuggle under the covers.

I am in Nonthaburi and we have dogs that at 4am do a mexican wave howl ...next door to me there are 2 dogs that bark non stop at anything that moves during the night

I got a dog bark control when I was back in Oz and it has toned down the dogs barking next door by half just got to research if there is a better bark control on the market

'Mexican wave' howl............Spot on.................Love it...............thumbsup.gif

Just remembered why I like condo living so much.....

you can say that again. No speakers blasting all hours no xxxxing roosters no smoke from burning crap no neihbours calling in for donations and the best i like..no xxxxing rabid soi dogs

Yea

I lived in a 13th floor condo in Pattaya. Outside at night, noise from the karaoke restaurant until 02.30, followed by stray dogs howling until 04.00, followed by cocks crowing until 06.00. Then the G/F woke up...

Nowhere is immune. Lived near a mosque in Suk 71, my side of the building peaceful and serene, other side the constant wailing would have driven me to despair. Do your homework right though and you have a reasonable chance of peace and quiet. Had a flat in the UK right next to a railway line and the building would shake throughout the night to the sound of freight trains, I used to find it strangely comforting smile.png

Edited by roamer

Never ceased to be amazed by the sense of entitlement certain foreigners have on these forums. Hate dogs, hate chickens, are happy when my Thai neighbours don't talk to me anymore, don't want to speak Thai, can't stand my wife's family blah blah blah and on and on it goes. Must make it a nightmare to live here... in fact if you don't like it so much why not do what most sensible people would do and just move on

I couldn't agree with you more. It seems people can't stand living here so why do so? Just leave and find a place to live where you will be happy. I have been living in Thailand for 10 years and love it here.

The chickens don't crow. The roosters crow.

Don't know why the Thais like to have so many roosters around, they're dangerous little fellas, specially with young kids.

And they eat food for little benefit. Screw their necks!

Save the feed for the chickens = more eggs!

"The chickens don't crow. The roosters crow."

Lol. Roosters aren't chickens? What are they then, apricots?? I think you must've slept through one of the more important parts of daddy's birds & bees lecture...

Roosters ARE chickens. Hens are ALSO chickens. I'll leave the rest for a homework exercise...

Actually, I'm pretty sure that hens, under certain circumstances, can crow.

The angry neighbour might want to be very careful with those firecrackers - according to this site "Death Penalty Worldwide" it is a capital offence to commit "Arson Not Resulting in Death" in Thailand. (Don't know if that is accurate or otherwise and no need for me to verify so long as I don't burn anything down...)

http://www.deathpenaltyworldwide.org/country-search-post.cfm?country=Thailand

Hmmm. Wonder what the penalty is for Arson Resulting in Death?

I am in Nonthaburi and we have dogs that at 4am do a mexican wave howl ...next door to me there are 2 dogs that bark non stop at anything that moves during the night

I got a dog bark control when I was back in Oz and it has toned down the dogs barking next door by half just got to research if there is a better bark control on the market

Mexican wave howl - love it, laugh of the day biggrin.png

Seems like SILENCE has no rights in Thai culture. Only NOISE has rights. If your neighbor wants to get roosters who crow at 4 am he has the right to do that. If you want to sleep in silence at 4 am, you have no right to silence.

I had a house I loved- 3 bedrooms, on a cull de sac, beautiful, $266 a month. And I lived there happily for years. But little by little, neighbors started buying dogs who would bark at all hours. And then one neighbor bought roosters, who would crow starting at 4:30 am or so. And they wouldn't just crow to announce the morning, they'd crow all day long! Well, I found myself going crazy, getting little sleep, being anxious all the time. My wife wasn't happy but said there was nothing we could do, so she didn't even complain. And finally we moved. I hated leaving that wonderful house and I still miss it, but it was just impossible. Just glad I was a renter and not an owner- If I were an owner I'd really have been in trouble.

When I talk to Thais about this, I find they're not happy either, but say they can't do anything about it- it's Thai culture and they're expected to put up with it. I wonder how Thai culture can change- really not fair for one person with roosters to wake everyone up. Not fair for one person to have the right to make noise while others have no right to silence.

I imported 2 wristrocket slingshots from US and use 50cal clay balls as ammo. Works well on chickens, stray dogs and pigeons

lol nice... I also have a slingshot...Can you tell me where to get the clay balls? I made some a few years ago but they didn't work very well. lol I've never hit a chicken that's come on our land but it scares them. Guess I need more practice or better ammo. :-)

Seems like SILENCE has no rights in Thai culture. Only NOISE has rights. If your neighbor wants to get roosters who crow at 4 am he has the right to do that. If you want to sleep in silence at 4 am, you have no right to silence.

I had a house I loved- 3 bedrooms, on a cull de sac, beautiful, $266 a month. And I lived there happily for years. But little by little, neighbors started buying dogs who would bark at all hours. And then one neighbor bought roosters, who would crow starting at 4:30 am or so. And they wouldn't just crow to announce the morning, they'd crow all day long! Well, I found myself going crazy, getting little sleep, being anxious all the time. My wife wasn't happy but said there was nothing we could do, so she didn't even complain. And finally we moved. I hated leaving that wonderful house and I still miss it, but it was just impossible. Just glad I was a renter and not an owner- If I were an owner I'd really have been in trouble.

When I talk to Thais about this, I find they're not happy either, but say they can't do anything about it- it's Thai culture and they're expected to put up with it. I wonder how Thai culture can change- really not fair for one person with roosters to wake everyone up. Not fair for one person to have the right to make noise while others have no right to silence.

I live in a very noisy village in Isaan. Roosters crow practically 24x7 and here everybody or almost owns a/b 2-6. Unbelievable. Oh and dogs breed like rabbits and they bark incessantly. And then there's the "ceremonies."

But Thailand COULD change if there was Rule of Law. Currently who can anyone go to? Police? Village Chief? Politicians? Who? Answer: NO ONE. Because there is absolutely no rule of law.... that is visible.

There are many reasons why Thailand is regressing in all areas and this is one of them - maybe even the biggest.

.......There are plenty of Thais, most I would guess, who do not like noisy hens, chickens etc.

Most Thais I've met are either stone cold deaf or are doing all they can do to get that way.

....HMMMM. Maybe that's the answer. SHoot a .44 magnum a foot away from our ears till we are deaf. Seems to be the only way to deal with noise in Thailand.

I strongly suspect that all those making disparaging comments about Thais in Thailand also moaned like hell about immigrants not fitting into their home countries. Amazing and myopic hypocrisy.....the spirit of colonialism and of the white man's infallibility is clearly alive and well in Thaivisa....unfortunately. But hey! It's cool to be macho in an anonymous forum, right?

I strongly suspect that all those making disparaging comments about Thais in Thailand also moaned like hell about immigrants not fitting into their home countries. Amazing and myopic hypocrisy.....the spirit of colonialism and of the white man's infallibility is clearly alive and well in Thaivisa....unfortunately. But hey! It's cool to be macho in an anonymous forum, right?

You're actually unable to distinguish between tourists and illegal immigrants? ('Talk about amazingly myopic.)

Just remembered why I like condo living so much.....

you can say that again. No speakers blasting all hours no xxxxing roosters no smoke from burning crap no neihbours calling in for donations and the best i like..no xxxxing rabid soi dogs

Yea

I lived in a 13th floor condo in Pattaya. Outside at night, noise from the karaoke restaurant until 02.30, followed by stray dogs howling until 04.00, followed by cocks crowing until 06.00. Then the G/F woke up...

Yes that sucks. Living the dream can soon become a nightmare hey