Lamborghini in Chiang Mai

arunsakda

Very famous hotel/ bar owner on Samui owns 7. Smashed one a while ago, but I don't think he cares. Had it covered in no time & on the back of a tilt truck. Wonder what the songthew driver got out of it to keep quiet.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The roads in Thailand are just made for these type of cars,the front spoiler would be

the first to go,speed bumps,pot holes, then where could you put your foot down,I

am sure there are drivers who never move out of the right hand lane,doing 60/80

all the way from Chiang Mai to Bangkok,they will just not move,no matter how much

you flash them.but its something nice to dream about ,but totally impracticable here.

regards worgeordie

The roads in Thailand are just made for these type of cars,the front spoiler would be

the first to go,speed bumps,pot holes, then where could you put your foot down,I

all the way from Chiang Mai to Bangkok,they will just not move,no matter how much

you flash them.but its something nice to dream about ,but totally impracticable here.

regards worgeordie

You are wrong.

It is great fun to drive such cars in Thailand, this is why there are so many (463 Ferraris registered in Thailand in 2014, for example).

Chiangmai to Bangkok (especially to Uttaradit) is a great drive. Chiangmai to Lampang or Chiangrai are also superb drives. And if you like to speed... no problem :)

regards worgeordie

You are wrong.

It is great fun to drive such cars in Thailand, this is why there are so many (463 Ferraris registered in Thailand in 2014, for example).

Chiangmai to Bangkok (especially to Uttaradit) is a great drive. Chiangmai to Lampang or Chiangrai are also superb drives. And if you like to speed... no problem smile.png

Yes if you like to speed, no problem. Just pay off the officers....risk others life include your own...what a wonderful world....

THONGLOR – Bangkok’s elite automobile enthusiasts blasted the city’s insufficient supercar facilities, demanding an immediate increase in locations to park and display their immensely expensive cars.

“I paid almost Bt30,000,000 for my Ferrari 458 Italia and I have hardly anywhere to show it off,” lamented Prakit “Jake” Limkulyoon, the son of a powerful hotel-owning family.

“What’s the point of having a supercar if no one sees it?” he asked.

His woes were echoed by friend and fellow supercar owner Mike Thavaornmeet, who said it was “ridiculous” that most places required him to park his yellow Lamborghini Diablo amongst ordinary cars.

“Do they not understand that I’m special?” he inquired. “I mean look at this baby. You can’t park it next to some Toyota.”

Both drivers specifically complained that as of now only Paragon Mall and the Starbucks on Thonglor had special parking areas reserved for supercars, and that the Paragon didn’t count because there was nowhere for the car owners to sit and look at the cars.

“When I go out in my Ferrari, I don’t just want special parking, I want parking where I can sit and look at my Ferrari, and see other people looking at my Ferrari, and think about how they don’t have a Ferrari and I do,” explained Prakit. “That’s what really makes me happy.”

http://notthenation.com/2013/04/supercar-drivers-demand-better-supercar-parking/

I can't for the life me understand who would buy a Huracan over a 458/488.

an old school friend of mine has both . . a 458 spyder & a Huracan (been on order for about 8 months, he got it a couple of weeks ago). Gotta say, having been in both . . the Lambo is simply awesome and just pips the red thing.

I can't for the life me understand who would buy a Huracan over a 458/488.

an old school friend of mine has both . . a 458 spyder & a Huracan (been on order for about 8 months, he got it a couple of weeks ago). Gotta say, having been in both . . the Lambo is simply awesome and just pips the red thing.

Huracan is a nice little car indeed :)

THONGLOR – Bangkok’s elite automobile enthusiasts blasted the city’s insufficient supercar facilities, demanding an immediate increase in locations to park and display their immensely expensive cars.

“I paid almost Bt30,000,000 for my Ferrari 458 Italia and I have hardly anywhere to show it off,” lamented Prakit “Jake” Limkulyoon, the son of a powerful hotel-owning family.

His woes were echoed by friend and fellow supercar owner Mike Thavaornmeet, who said it was “ridiculous” that most places required him to park his yellow Lamborghini Diablo amongst ordinary cars.

“Do they not understand that I’m special?” he inquired. “I mean look at this baby. You can’t park it next to some Toyota.”

Both drivers specifically complained that as of now only Paragon Mall and the Starbucks on Thonglor had special parking areas reserved for supercars, and that the Paragon didn’t count because there was nowhere for the car owners to sit and look at the cars.

“When I go out in my Ferrari, I don’t just want special parking, I want parking where I can sit and look at my Ferrari, and see other people looking at my Ferrari, and think about how they don’t have a Ferrari and I do,” explained Prakit. “That’s what really makes me happy.”

http://notthenation.com/2013/04/supercar-drivers-demand-better-supercar-parking/

Spoilt brats..... it would be real shame if a Bangkok bus hit their cars cheesy.gif ... They would be on the phone pronto crying to their mama and papa cheesy.gif

regards worgeordie

You are wrong.

Chiangmai to Bangkok (especially to Uttaradit) is a great drive. Chiangmai to Lampang or Chiangrai are also superb drives. And if you like to speed... no problem smile.png

Not that last 50 or so km's into Tak. The roads are a disaster.

I can't imagine driving a Lambo or Ferrari on those roads. I cringe as my Merc bounces all over the place dodging potholes...

So if he parks his car only where all the other fortune cars park then his car wouldn't be so special anymore...

So if he parks his car only where all the other fortune cars park then his car wouldn't be so special anymore...

All these cars look indeed "not so special" when parked together...

Or maybe just special enough to make the passing farangs jaleous?

:)

post-12654-14308348928876_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14308349286786_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14308349430608_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14308349753995_thumb.jpg

I used to frequent @Bangkok on Soi Rang Nam, one of the owners of the King Power center on the road used to as well, got to know him through friends, a very nice guy, he had his stealth painted Aventador sometimes, was head of a Thai Ferrari Group, one night an English friend asked how many Ferrari's he has.

The answer, 'Many'.

Nice guy.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually like the exterior and interior syling better, maybe if I had the millions.

(Actually I believe such vehicles should be banned from public roads in the interest of safety unless equipped with a speed limiting device. HiSo's should trailer to a track if they want to drive over 100KpH.)

huracan_lp650_superleggera_1.jpg

2016-Ferrari-488-GTB-1011-876x535.jpg

cast your vote :)

I take one of each. Can you deliver tomorrow?

You guys do know that the article is just a parody and not real ...its from "notthenation.com"

• 5 months later...

I remember beating an AMG in a street drag in Udon. I was in my old 2.5L diesel Ranger.

He had to crawl over the level crossing - I didn't. biggrin.png

Yes, I know an AMG isn't a Lambo.

Real AMG or only the design addons by AMG. wink.png

It's hard to tell from looking in the rear view mirror.

LOL. I suspect there was only one car in that race :)

I remember beating an AMG in a street drag in Udon. I was in my old 2.5L diesel Ranger.

He had to crawl over the level crossing - I didn't. biggrin.png

Yes, I know an AMG isn't a Lambo.

Whats an AMG ?

Technically, there is really only one car sold under the AMG brand: AMG GT S

But I think we all know what he means is a Benz with AMG badges (if nothing else from AMG) :)

Archived