Ukrainian arrested in Central Pattaya Money Exchange Armed Robbery Case

webfact

Ukrainian arrested in Central Pattaya Money Exchange Armed Robbery Case

exchange-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Tuesday, Police arrested a Ukrainian man accused of conducting the armed robbery of a Central Pattaya Money Exchange Shop, despite claims he was in no way involved in the case.

Pattaya Police and Chonburi Immigration Police arrested Mr. Ayder Bezaziyev aged 27 in South Pattaya following information which suggested he had previously used the Money Exchange Shop and he fitted the description of the man wanted in connection with the armed robbery.

The suspect works for a Tour Company and claims he was out collecting money from Hotels when the robbery took place. He was taken back to his rented apartment in Soi Bongkot where items of clothing which seemed to match clothing worn by the armed robber were found. BB gun pellets and a small quantity of the class 5 drug Marijuana were also found in the search.

A Yamaha Motorbike similar to the one used as the getaway vehicle by the robbery suspect was also found and seized as evidence. The shop owner was called in and identified the clothing as that worn by the robbery suspect.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/170117/ukrainian-arrested-in-central-pattaya-money-exchange-armed-robbery-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-10

guzzi850m2 post #

Well that didn't take long.

Okay innocent until proved guilty.

Many of those expats tour guides are working for peanuts and now not many customers, hard times indeed and then some for this dude.

I didn't pass judgement on the accused I made a comment on a hypothetical situationwhistling.gif

Do you not understand sarcasm?cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

Items of clothing and some BB gun pellets ? I sincerely hope this is the guy, but if it is he's not the world's brightest thief : anyone who's ever turned on a US cop show knows that anything which connects you to a crime goes straight in the nearest dumpster. 200K is a pathetic haul for someone facing the prospect of a long stretch in a Thai jail, esp as his victim is connected. I guess the sole upside in this case is that going back to Ukraine wouldnt have been his preferred option anyway, but as others have pointed out he remains innocent until proven guilty.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well that didn't take long.

Okay innocent until proved guilty.

Many of those expats tour guides are working for peanuts and now not many customers, hard times indeed and then some for this dude.

the thais will be ruthless with this guy. wonder how bad it will get for him. does anybody have any knowledge of similar arrests of foriegners and what the outcome was? thai prison longtime for this dude........and thai prisons are not Hilton hotels

• Like 1

Good News! I mean Thais start to understand the difference between Russians and Ukranians!

His name doesn't sound like Russian nor Ukrainian, and his face too.

He may be a Ukrainian passport holder but actually Tatar or Bashkir by his ethnic nationality?

What a desperate look in his eyes! I wish he was proven innocent... unsure.png

• Like 1

Hmmm..

The clothes "seemed" to match

BB gun pellets were found but no mention of a BB gun.

Pot was found (enough to fit in someone's pocket for a quick pull and plant) but no mention of pipe or paper.

The motorbike "seemed" to fit the description of a motorbike used in the getaway (i.e. 2 wheels, handlebars, etc.).

The owner was first brought in and then showed the clothes and then asked if they are the clothes and he says they "seem" to be (what's wrong with this picture?).

No exact details of how on this planet any one at all even managed to get it into their head to focus on this man.

No checking the hotel CCTV camera's or witnesses where he said he was at, at the time of the robbery

Yeah... sure... he's definitely guilty, in a seemingly sort of way.

More holes than seams.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

Items of clothing and some BB gun pellets ? I sincerely hope this is the guy, but if it is he's not the world's brightest thief : anyone who's ever turned on a US cop show knows that anything which connects you to a crime goes straight in the nearest dumpster. 200K is a pathetic haul for someone facing the prospect of a long stretch in a Thai jail, esp as his victim is connected. I guess the sole upside in this case is that going back to Ukraine wouldnt have been his preferred option anyway, but as others have pointed out he remains innocent until proven guilty.

And this crime is related to the US justice system in which way?

Good News! I mean Thais start to understand the difference between Russians and Ukranians!

His name doesn't sound like Russian nor Ukrainian, and his face too.

He may be a Ukrainian passport holder but actually Tatar or Bashkir by his ethnic nationality?

What a desperate look in his eyes! I wish he was proven innocent... unsure.png

Funny that.

I was just sitting here thinking that I have been in Thailand too long.

This guy looks a goodly part Thai to me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

12 years in Thailand and I've still never been down to Pattaya. I really must visit sometime. It sounds like such a lovely place.

Nearly 4-years in Thailand living in Pattaya. It is a nice place if you know where to steer clear of. Don't judge the whole place by the actions of a few and the misguided condemnation of Pattaya by the incessant "Pattaya bashers".

Actually you are right rtco. I shouldn't judge until I've been there myself but it's hard not to when when it seems like there is multiple bad stories about that place more than any other place in Thailand (discounting the trouble in the deeper south of course).

Hmmm..

The clothes "seemed" to match

BB gun pellets were found but no mention of a BB gun.

Pot was found (enough to fit in someone's pocket for a quick pull and plant) but no mention of pipe or paper.

The motorbike "seemed" to fit the description of a motorbike used in the getaway (i.e. 2 wheels, handlebars, etc.).

The owner was first brought in and then showed the clothes and then asked if they are the clothes and he says they "seem" to be (what's wrong with this picture?).

No exact details of how on this planet any one at all even managed to get it into their head to focus on this man.

No checking the hotel CCTV camera's or witnesses where he said he was at, at the time of the robbery

Yeah... sure... he's definitely guilty, in a seemingly sort of way.

More holes than seams.

Excuse me Mr crime investigator, but where in the OP or article are the words " seem and seemed", that you "seem" to read so many times?

Where is stated how big the amount of marijuana was that you know it fit in his pocket?

My sincere apologies also that the BIB didn't inform you personally about the background of their reasons to focus on this guy.

What's wrong with the picture?

Nothing at all but a lot is wrong with your post "seems" so.

• Like 1