More complaints against Chinese tourists

Thaivisa News

The uncultured cavemen are truly unbelievable.

cavemen.....Your education seems not to be very detailed...China had already culture when we white men were still chasing deers in the forest.....

.......but now they've gone backwards to being uncultured cavemen.

Happens to most civilisations.

"The manager said about 4,000 Chinese tourists visited the museum each day and they had become a headache of the museum staffs."

I've been there recently (the day he died actually). I spent a fair bit of time walking around. While there I noticed how peaceful and quiet it was due to the lack of tourists. So unless there's been an explosion since his death (any new Chinese movies launched?) I seriously doubt there are 4,000 tourists of any nationality visiting that museum.

Look, the Chinese are just beginning to enter the world of "middle class" but the median income is still only $6000+ a year, and is a similar amount in terms of GDP per person (compared to $53,000 in the U.S. according to stats on CNN the other day). Thailand would be better off with just affluent tourists from Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Dalian and Chengdu coming to visit with their more refined behavior. But small towns and villages are still composed of peasant culture. It will take some more time before the Chinese in general accustom themselves to international touristic / travel standards.

(Mind you this was 22 years ago, but on HK to Chengdu flights the men were all spitting into the ash trays! I suppose now they're using the barf bags.)

On another note, they're louder as groups than American tour groups in Europe ever were, but I don't mind much...I'm so biased in favor of the lovely Chinese women, and their accents in English are so beautiful (except for Cantonese).