AMLO now seizes Boy’s Lamborghini car

Lite Beer

There must be more to this story. I thought he bought from a Dealership, who was selling it for Kittisak. He said he never met Kittisak.

How was Boy supposed to know where the money came to buy the car in the first place?

I have a few cars and bikes. Some from Dealers, some private. How do I know the police won't show up one day and say I have to give it back because the guy before me used stolen money, or drug money or whatever.

...so there must be more to this, otherwise it makes no sense.

Or did I just answer my own question?

For sure it makes no sense to buy an as-good-as-new luxury sportscar for a ridiculously low price and pretend you had no idea something might have been wrong with the deal...

According to another source he paid 13.5million baht, when the car should be worth 19million baht.

You would think that it would raise alarms...but who knows what he thought his "celebrity status" got him, or what the Dealer told him.

Who knows the truth? Maybe one day it will come out.

Police found the car parked in the disabled parking bay at Paragon Mall.

I wish the cops would have told him: you pay 10% of the Lambos market value as a fine, or we take care of it so you will qualify to park on a lot reserved for disabled for the rest of your life. Maybe that would some other hi-so untouchables a lesson too.

This was a money laundering act, and therefore had to be seized, he said.

But he made clear that if the actor wanted to use the car, he could do so by placing deposit as collateral.

Only in Thailand cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I love this. A Thai soap opera. It's is sort of like Days of Our Lives combined with Sesame Street. And the Cookie Monster has scampered with the loot with Lt. Col. Big Bird after him.

They should have seized it for being Green who wants a green lambo

Have you seen the green Lambo in real life? The paint on the green and yellow Lambos is awesome, the colour is so deep. I was amazed when I saw it the first time.

No denying that Lambo's are beautiful to look at....in almost any color....but I do like the lime green and orange (but not together) or black...or yellow...

I drove one from Pattaya to Chanthaburi and they are a pig to drive on these roads.

Visibility and ride on Thai roads is not so good. Getting in and out takes some practice.

But they is sure fast.

Only in Thailand.

Surely the seller is guilty not the buyer?

Agreed, so long as the buyer bought in good faith. In which case, the dealer should be required to refund the money to the buyer.

Backed by CCC, Section 1332:

Section 1332. When a person has in good faith purchased property at a sale by public auction or in open market or from a trader dealing in such things, he shall not be bound to return it to the true owner unless the latter reimburses the purchase price.

The original seller of the car is protected by : Section 1331. The right of a person who has acquired money in good faith is not affected even if it is subsequently proved that it did not belong to the person from whom he acquired it.

Only in Thailand

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Like 2

The car is seized,but can still use it by paying deposit !

just when you think things could not get any stupider,

here they do.

regards Worgeordie

They should ¨auction¨ of the deposit price and the highest bidder get´s to drive the car hehe.

Iĺl put in 100,000 Baht..... cheesy.gif

It is always a pity to see a beautiful sports car in the congested streets of Bangkok.
The engine get completely filthy, never comes up to operating temperature, the engine cooling system is flawed.
Stop and go traffic with a tight sports car clutch, no really good roads here to drive such a car. The car I'm sorry for.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is always a pity to see a beautiful sports car in the congested streets of Bangkok.
The engine get completely filthy, never comes up to operating temperature, the engine cooling system is flawed.
Stop and go traffic with a tight sports car clutch, no really good roads here to drive such a car. The car I'm sorry for.

I would like to see them banned from the streets of Bangkok. They are nothing but a pointless status symbol for the rich and obnoxious.

The tip of the ice berg and a drop in the ocean of the shady goings on of the rich and elite.

I'm waiting for them to seize Chalerm's Pink Bentley ... mostly cos it's such a disgusting color.

Sorry but cannot. Police Captain Dr. Chalerm explained it's not his Bentley - along with the other very expensive cars in his mansion's garage. He just looks after them for the Singaporean businessman friend of his son who actually own them all. Chalerm even kindly takes them out for a spin to make sure they're working.

What a guy!

Wonder if he's ever stopped and breath tested?

• Like 1

There must be more to this story. I thought he bought from a Dealership, who was selling it for Kittisak. He said he never met Kittisak.

How was Boy supposed to know where the money came to buy the car in the first place?

I have a few cars and bikes. Some from Dealers, some private. How do I know the police won't show up one day and say I have to give it back because the guy before me used stolen money, or drug money or whatever.

Pretty much anywhere in the world, if you buy a stolen car in all innocence and then discover or the police discover, you lose the car. This is no different. In the real world, probably over half of the people that buy stolen cars know or strongly suspect they are stolen. They always claim to know nothing when the truth is uncovered. Do you think Pakorn knew or was even told anything was untoward? Do you think the cheap price set off any alarm bells? It matters not, he loses the car but only Pakorn truly knows whether he entered the purchase knowing it was dodgy.

I am sure you are correct but the car was not stolen it was bought with stolen money and resold at what I believe is fair market price

not 20 cents on the dollar. If what you say is carried through then anyone who bought a car, a house, a boat, etc... from Bernie Madoff

could have it re-possessed even if it has changed hands several times as the property was at one time bought with stolen money.

Maybe that is the case, I don't know.

Agree, that is what I read also. Is he going to have to pay for the car twice. What about the dealer?

Like just about everything we read here the news sources that TV uses never seem to get to the bottom of the story and TV just continues to headline a story which leads the reader nowhere. Total waste of time. Only thing worth reading sometimes is humorous remarks by the posters.

The tip of the ice berg and a drop in the ocean of the shady goings on of the rich and elite.

Interesting decision to seize the car considering that he bought the car in good faith and the transaction was legal at face value. Crime isn't attached to property in general if the disposal was legal, but hey its thailand.

They should have seized it for being Green who wants a green lambo

Lambos are for rich teenagers of all ages with no taste. Rainbow-colored lollipops with wheels. This is why your average Asian male with arrested development (and lots of cash) buys one over the more mature-looking (and better-performing) alternatives.

Interesting decision to seize the car considering that he bought the car in good faith and the transaction was legal at face value. Crime isn't attached to property in general if the disposal was legal, but hey its thailand.

This happen with gods in Europe also, they seize the gods until they have straighten out the questions. Nothing strange.

• 2 weeks later...

For sure it makes no sense to buy an as-good-as-new luxury sportscar for a ridiculously low price and pretend you had no idea something might have been wrong with the deal...

According to another source he paid 13.5million baht, when the car should be worth 19million baht.

You would think that it would raise alarms...but who knows what he thought his "celebrity status" got him, or what the Dealer told him.

Who knows the truth? Maybe one day it will come out.

every car depreciates the moment you drive it off the lot