Farangs need to pass "Thainess" course to get teacher license

Thaivisa News

Just had a brilliant idea...........why don't they oblige the TVF members to go through a Thainess course?

Although, I wouldn't doubt the results............all failedrolleyes.gif

Brilliant!

Yep, can someone post the course notes on line please? Would make interesting reading for sure!

This one is an old joke. It was pushed as a requirement a few of years ago as well, so nothing new here really. Same old buffoons, so far up themselves they can't see the rest of the world is laughing at them.

Hey Thailand, can your Thai English teachers even spell TOEIC?

You've got a nerve. Nevermind, no need to spell TOEIC if you're a joker... and you are: see this or any other news thread to note how the world laughs at you.

Go Myanmar! Go Cambodia! Go Laos! Go Vietnam! Let the Thais fail and lose face. Sadly, it'll be the best thing for them.

• Like 2

OK, Joke aside, I think this is a well-meant measure. It is also not excessive what the Thai ministry is asking for here. Mind you, in most countries there are taller hurdles to overcome when you want to do teaching as a foreigner. In some it is impossible. Of course this is wide open to abuse, like so many well-meant Government measures are. It is not a tit-for-tat thing, where we could legitimately say, let Thai teachers show first that they understand their own business. They are at home here, we are not. Once a Thai teacher goes abroad to teach, THEN we can start and examine him or her. Up to every foreigner attending to take something out of the course or just to grease some palms and have the certificate

If I say jump, you say how high!

Did someone say jump onto a plane to Thailand in order to find for work they were unqualified for or unable to find in their own countries?

Doubt any course will do much to "cure" the negativity and antipathy to Thai people often exhibited by the condescending posters on TV, including the posters who are already teaching here or actively scrounging for jobs (or just an excuse for a visa) and I imagine many teachers already think they know everything, but maybe a few will actually be able to learn something.

Educators who are reluctant to learn more about the students they teach or who assume they know everything they'll ever need to know should be culled from their jobs. Every education system has in-service learning as a part of teacher growth and skill enhancement.

Educators opposed to education ... only on Thai Visa could someone feel threatened by the opportunity to learn.

Edited by Suradit69

Wouldn't want those farang teachers to put crazy ideas like democracy in those kids heads....

Sing songs, bow, shut your mouth... education Junta approved.

One item missing: Be able to memorize and recite these (teachers as well, of course):

The twelve Thai Values are:

1) Upholding of the three main pillars of the country: the nation, the religion, and the monarchy

2) Honesty, sacrifice and patience with positive attitude for the interest of the public

3) Filial piety towards parents, guardians and teachers

4) Seeking of direct and indirect knowledge and education

5) Preservation of Thai traditions and cultures

6) Morality, integrity, considerateness, generosity and sharing

7) Understanding and learning of true democratic ideals with His Majesty the King as Head of State

8) Maintaining of discipline, respectfulness of laws and the elderly

9) Being conscious and mindful of action in line with His Majesty's the King's royal statements

10) Applying His Majesty the King's sufficiency economy, saving money for time of need,

being moderate with surplus for sharing or expansion of business while having good immunity

11) Keeping physical and mental strength, unyielding to the evil power or desires,

having sense of shame over guilt and sins in accordance with the religious principles

12) Putting the public and national interest before one's own

If I say jump, you say how high!

Did someone say jump onto a plane to Thailand in order to find for work they were unqualified for or unable to find in their own countries?

Doubt any course will do much to "cure" the negativity and antipathy to Thai people often exhibited by the condescending posters on TV, including the posters who are already teaching here or actively scrounging for jobs (or just an excuse for a visa) and I imagine many teachers already think they know everything, but maybe a few will actually be able to learn something.

Educators who are reluctant to learn more about the students they teach or who assume they know everything they'll ever need to know should be culled from their jobs. Every education system has in-service learning as a part of teacher growth and skill enhancement.

I don't think anybody would be saying anything if it had to do qualifications or learning/

This is more like "attitude adjustment" for the whole of the foreign teaching body.

Unfortunately this is not a joke.. My school has been forcing teachers to attend at their own expense.

The course mostly covers how to make your own pen guns/ping pong bombs, how to grease palms, and the importance of Hitler.

lust; l am presuming you are very sarcastic. A very big concern if you are serious

Not that many Native English Teachers then and the only Native ones are English and not what the schools bullshite to the Thai parents that they employ a native speaker.

Oh yes from the Phillies forgot lol and American English

John West

Edited by jhwest

If you are trying to teach someone from a different culture anything, and this is not just Thailand but any country, you have to have an understanding of that persons culture if you are going to do a good job.

Where this idea is that you dont need any knowledge of a country and can still do a good job comes from I have no idea.

I would suggest that all of these people posting on TV do several things.

1. Learn to spell. Most of the spelling on here is bad. Dont ever think of teaching English until you can write it yourself.

2. Stop trying to find things that are wrong with any requirements that make the teaching better.

3. As you have such a sad life, leave TV and try to find a life

The problem with Thai people is they are the ones who need to go on a culture course. They live in one big bubble of Thainess where money is King, and the farang is a cross between a walking ATM and a cow that can be milked of cash on a daily basis.

Non Thai teachers are waking up to the fact that there is more to life than Sunshine and easy women.

While countries like China roll out the red carpet, Thailand just puts more obstacles in the way of the very people they need. Why work for peanuts and be treated like a chump when there are better opportunity's elsewhere.

• Like 2