Koh Sichang - Can it really be Thailand's best kept secret...? ( photos )

canarysun

30 years ago i was on Kho Tarutao in Satun... it was a dream... 15 years ago, the second island i visited in Thailand, was Kho Sichang... a nightmare, for various reasons... and yes, it is a very dry place.

These digital cams are as good as a clarification plant, point it on shít, click, and everything looks great!

Anyway, thanks for the contribution, Shower.

Went there for a couple of nights a few years ago, some nice sights including loads of monkeys outside our hotel, don't remember fabulous beaches, there was one and it was a dump, remember Buddhas footprint up a hill, he must have been 9 feet tall. You could get a drink in the restaurant.

Edited by BIGJIMMY

• 2 weeks later...

Koh Si Chang's fabulous beach.

attachicon.gifB-cVRAsCMAAPLWl.jpg

I can imagine myself the pride you must feel now, being able to show the worst 10% of this beach where day after day heaps of parents with their children (majority Thai but also more and more foreign) can have a good time, relax, build sand castles, float on inner tires and eat quite good food (beach food that is, not talking about haute cuisine here ... just to be clear about this before a pic is posted of some crab on a plastic plate) away from the polluted mainland.

neus.gif

Of course there's nicer beaches than the one on Koh Sichang but the Op was being enthusiastic about the whole package, the whole island as a nice get- away

• Like 2

Koh Sichang has only one beach, and while it can be nice at low tide, it is often full of garbage on the shore and also floating in the water. It seems the many ships anchored around the island dump their trash directly into the water, and the same applies to the Thai inhabitants. Very dry and rocky island. Not much to do, OK for a one day trip.

• Like 1