Yingluck warned over rice scheme: PM

Lite Beer

The NACC should charge the general for not acting earlier and preventing the losses of the rice scheme. Surely he has some responsibility here if he was able to envisage the problems that were to arise. He did not act in time and is therefore culpable.

• Like 1

Thai government structure

Politics.. The fight between 3 elite groups, yellows, red and military to determine who gets the biggest part of the pie and who controls the kitchen.

Legal system... A process used by each group against the other to claim they are entitled to a larger section of the pie taken from them by another group and said to be obtained illegally.

Constitution... A document that sets out who is eligible to share the pie, who owns the kitchen and controls the distribution network.

Police... The collector and distributor of the pie, taking a small sample before passing higher up the tree.

Budget... The determination of how many pies will be made each year, what flavour and size.

Tourist...Contributors to funding the purchase of ingredients, unwanted but necessary.

Thai people..those who know these pies exist, will never get any share but we will convince them they are better off this way.

Media...obstructions to the distribution of the pie empire.

International community..snoops, liars and trouble makers unable to understand the Thai pie making business while sticking their noses in our pies.

Coup... A regular complete shutdown of the pie making factory to upgrade equipment and ensure more pies can be produced while making changes to the distribution network.

BINGO!

TIT.

Hope the dreamers here will take note.

• Like 1

Thai government structure

Politics.. The fight between 3 elite groups, yellows, red and military to determine who gets the biggest part of the pie and who controls the kitchen.

Legal system... A process used by each group against the other to claim they are entitled to a larger section of the pie taken from them by another group and said to be obtained illegally.

Constitution... A document that sets out who is eligible to share the pie, who owns the kitchen and controls the distribution network.

Police... The collector and distributor of the pie, taking a small sample before passing higher up the tree.

Budget... The determination of how many pies will be made each year, what flavour and size.

Tourist...Contributors to funding the purchase of ingredients, unwanted but necessary.

Thai people..those who know these pies exist, will never get any share but we will convince them they are better off this way.

Media...obstructions to the distribution of the pie empire.

International community..snoops, liars and trouble makers unable to understand the Thai pie making business while sticking their noses in our pies.

Coup... A regular complete shutdown of the pie making factory to upgrade equipment and ensure more pies can be produced while making changes to the distribution network.

BINGO!

TIT.

Hope the dreamers here will take note.

Add in a couple of other groups maybe but this is the situation.loosely allied political monster who all combined give no thought to the average Somchai on the street.

If u are cynical about western politics, Thai politics is even worse. NO ONE cares for the so called middle class and down. Not one iota.

The so called middle class who probably only make up 5% of the population anyway are just as shafted as the poor, and yet apparentlt they are supported by yellows and the poor the reds.

This is tosh, since neither group normally gets given anything by their chosen politicians.the only people who benefit traditionally from thai politics are the elite indistrialists, and land owners and the enobled. The rest just get to work and be happy for a 2 baht a day increase in the minimum wage or govt salariew going up.

And to think idiots on here were claiming 25k per month is middle class. That is barely above a waitress with tips.the middle and lower classes should be united by in typical stupid Thai politics the politicians managed to turn them on each other and those at the top continue to divvy up the country with impunuty .

Thailand, where hi so apparently starts at 50k per month in the eyes of stupid farangs.

Yingluck ignored Prayut's concerns
The Nation

30254061-01_big.jpg?1423866925714

BANGKOK: -- PM reveals he raised problems caused by ricepledging scheme long before the coup

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday said he had voiced his concerns to his deposed predecessor Yingluck Shinawatra about the mounting problems from her government's controversial rice-pledging scheme but she had insisted that she would be responsible for the consequences.

Prayut said he had personally raised the issue with Yingluck long before the May 22 coup, when he was serving as the Army commander-in-chief.

"I asked her what she would do in response to the problems that were affecting people. She said that she would deal with the issue herself because her administration was in charge. She said she had measures to solve the problems and explain them to the public," Prayut told reporters yesterday.

"She said it would be fine, as she intended to do her duty to the best of her ability. She said that she had all the evidence needed to fight any legal case stemming from the project. And I said it's up to her," he said.

Prayut, who led the coup following months of political violence, noted that at the time there had been increasing criticism of the rice-pledging scheme.

Meanwhile, the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has sent a written request to the Finance Ministry to consider filing a civil case against Yingluck, her former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom and other officials for compensation in connection with the claimed government-to-government deal to sell rice to China.

NACC president Panthep Klanarongran said yesterday that he had sent the request now that the anti-graft agency had already indicted those allegedly involved in the wrongdoing.

Panthep said the NACC had not suggested any figure for the damages, as the Finance Ministry should already have details of the compensation to be sought.

In late January, the NACC had filed corruption charges against Boonsong and former deputy commerce minister Poom Sarapol with the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders in connection with the fake G2G rice deal.

Compensation sought

The two had claimed that Yingluck's government had won a deal to sell rice bought from farmers under the rice-pledging scheme to the Chinese government. But the NACC found that the companies commissioned to undertake the G2G deal actually sold the rice locally, instead of exporting it.

Panthep said the NACC would also suggest that the Finance Ministry seek compensation from Yingluck in a separate case regarding her government's rice-pledging scheme.

He said the NACC commissioners would discuss the matter next Tuesday and a written request would be sent to the Finance Ministry later that day.

Yingluck's lawyer Norawich Lalaeng yesterday said all parties involved agreed that the former prime minister did not have to be present in the Supreme Court next Thursday when public prosecutors file a corruption case against her in connection with the rice-subsidy scheme.

He also told The Nation that Yingluck's legal team had not received any response from the Office of the Attorney-General about their request to review the case.

Yingluck, who is living in her home city of Chiang Mai, is expected to return to Bangkok in a day or two, according to a source close to her.

Yesterday she went with her son Supasek Amornchat and her sister Yaowapa Wongsawat to a department store in Chiang Mai, accompanied by bodyguards in two vehicles.

The ex-PM was greeted by many admirers, who wanted to have photos taken with them. Yingluck, however, declined to talk to reporters who were following her entourage.

A Government House source said authorities needed to provide increased security to Yingluck by having security officials follow her because she was considered a "possibly vulnerable target".

"She is among the first persons the government and the National Council for Peace and Order need to provide special care to," the source said yesterday. "If something happens to her, there will be impacts on the government and the NCPO."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-ignored-Prayuts-concerns-30254061.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-14

Setting it all up nicely for a conviction, I see. This will be entertaining.

Your honour, we call to the stand, General Prayut Chan-o-cha...

So right. Also, it's wonderful for Prayut that he can say anything he wants to the media, but Yingluck is prevented from saying anything. Wonderful Democracy we have going here.

she's just a total lier and crook and front for Taksin his crew and resort robbing Thialnd blind. I really hope she and many rot for a long time or for ever in Jail

All total scumbags

and for those who posted I'm full of hate yes i hate what Taksin she and rest have done ansi hate way poor are taken in totally by them

Just because she looks good does not mean she's not as evil as Pol pot Mugabwie Saddam or any of them

Wake up Taksin forang worshipers and admit you are and were totally misguided pathetic naive useful idiots as Stalin said

You are a Blind Fool to think any of these <deleted> persecuting her are cut from a different cloth.

"pathetic naive useful idiots"

Oh, the irony...

facepalm.gif

Imagine a PM who gets her government to enact a self-financing scheme which loses 700 billion Baht in barely two-and-a-half year. Of course those who prosecute her must be of the same cloth. Next we'll hear details on those prosecuting just being annoyed not to have got a share.

In the mean time Ms. yingluck will get a chance to explain, give all answers she didn't want to give yet, surprise us with her innocence. That is assuming she'll remain in the country and assuming she has any answers. Very unfortunate that she want on record so many times stating so many beautiful things which now seem closer to imagination or even lies.

Hard time for Yingluck supporters. Any dirty trick is being dusted off to be used it would seem.

you really (REALLY) believe that 700 billion figure? wow... just WOW... just shows the junta brainwashing machine is :

Working as Intended

In a civilized country, this kind of prejudicial statement made to the public by the leader of the country before a trial would get the case dismissed. The leader of the country makes some truly dumb statements.

I don't support YS or the rice scheme. I don't support illegal juntas. The international community doesn't support this junta.

I simply can't imagine how the general could make such a statement before a trial.

A lot of the announcements made by other countries regarding the coup is just "computer generated", they have to say things like that to support their image.

I would like to be a fly on the wall when the foreign leaders discuss the antics of the Shin regime, that would be really interesting. You can't tell me they don't know what was going on before.

"In a civilized country, this kind of prejudicial statement made to the public by the leader of the country before a trial would get the case dismissed. The leader of the country makes some truly dumb statements."

Hence, the US suggestion that impeachment and prosecution of Yingluck may be politically motivated.

But this is simply consistent with the Thai penchant for police and other officials prejudicing criminal cases. After all, what is the typical parading of suspects, with a nice photo opportunity, all about?

• Like 1

In a civilized country, this kind of prejudicial statement made to the public by the leader of the country before a trial would get the case dismissed. The leader of the country makes some truly dumb statements.

I don't support YS or the rice scheme. I don't support illegal juntas. The international community doesn't support this junta.

I simply can't imagine how the general could make such a statement before a trial.

The truth hurts?

It would seem there were no new revelations. Very thoughtfully Ms. Yingluck frequently stated with cameras rolling.

• Like 1

Of course she and her brother knew there were serious problems with the price pledging scheme but Thaksin (who was behind this like he was behind everything Yingluck did) didn't care. First his push for amnesty was shot down, then his shady, corrupt rice scheme. Follow the money and you will see that this corruption travels from the top to the bottom. Billions of baht has been skimmed off all up and down the program.

There was not any provable leakage of billions of baht. There was a loss because they paid a subsidised price. She isn't accused of corruption, she is accused of negligence.

They have one deal of not supplying to Iran for which someone is in jail, and faked b to b deals. The bulk of the loss is in structural loss not corruption

Structural losses in a self-financing scheme? Sounds like you accuse Ms. Yingluck of deceiving and defrauding the Nation of 700 billion Baht.

The NACC should charge the general for not acting earlier and preventing the losses of the rice scheme. Surely he has some responsibility here if he was able to envisage the problems that were to arise. He did not act in time and is therefore culpable.

Absolutely. THe NACC should also be charged as from begin of 2012 or so as they only warned and not acted. They even believed Ms. Yingluck saying she had everything under control. And while we've at it disbanded the Democrat party, they also only warned.

Edited by rubl

You are a Blind Fool to think any of these <deleted> persecuting her are cut from a different cloth.

"pathetic naive useful idiots"

Oh, the irony...

facepalm.gif

Imagine a PM who gets her government to enact a self-financing scheme which loses 700 billion Baht in barely two-and-a-half year. Of course those who prosecute her must be of the same cloth. Next we'll hear details on those prosecuting just being annoyed not to have got a share.

In the mean time Ms. yingluck will get a chance to explain, give all answers she didn't want to give yet, surprise us with her innocence. That is assuming she'll remain in the country and assuming she has any answers. Very unfortunate that she want on record so many times stating so many beautiful things which now seem closer to imagination or even lies.

Hard time for Yingluck supporters. Any dirty trick is being dusted off to be used it would seem.

you really (REALLY) believe that 700 billion figure? wow... just WOW... just shows the junta brainwashing machine is :

Working as Intended

You just have to check the revolving (not so revolving) fund and what was put into it and the debt there.

But indeed the general has to get in line with those who warned her. Big international institutions like the world bank, IMF, and Moodies did so too. Everyone warned her everyone with some brains. Then when the accounting came out that there were losses the PTP wanted to sue the person coming out with this data and bullied her.

No everything was alright.. nothing to see here. The remark about the 2 trillion bath off books loan is correct. This was needed to make this mess go away.

I hope she will sit in jail for a long time for all the grief she caused and the deaths to the farmers too. Not to mention the losses.

In a civilized country she would have budgeted for the program and then all was alright. However she never included enough money in the budget. This was because there was a max deficit already and then the other vote buying schemes could not go through. So it is a loss.. had she budgeted for it it would not have been a loss it would have been in budget.

Minor correction.

The "However she never included enough money in the budget. " should be "she never put any reservation for possible RPPS losses in the National Budget"

• Like 1

"In a civilized country, this kind of prejudicial statement made to the public by the leader of the country before a trial would get the case dismissed. The leader of the country makes some truly dumb statements."

Hence, the US suggestion that impeachment and prosecution of Yingluck may be politically motivated.

But this is simply consistent with the Thai penchant for police and other officials prejudicing criminal cases. After all, what is the typical parading of suspects, with a nice photo opportunity, all about?

Actually the US Envoy said something like "could be seen as political motivated" and he suggested the government work on perception.

The general will have to get in line with all the others who stated they warned Ms Yingluck and her government before him and publicly, while it was ongoing. He's a little late to the party, IMO.

I believe you are missing the very salient point that he is the only one in a position to bring her to justice, under the current circumstances. Good. Someone has to.

• Like 1

she's just a total lier and crook and front for Taksin his crew and resort robbing Thialnd blind. I really hope she and many rot for a long time or for ever in Jail

All total scumbags

and for those who posted I'm full of hate yes i hate what Taksin she and rest have done ansi hate way poor are taken in totally by them

Just because she looks good does not mean she's not as evil as Pol pot Mugabwie Saddam or any of them

Wake up Taksin forang worshipers and admit you are and were totally misguided pathetic naive useful idiots as Stalin said

What on earth are you ranting about. Thaksin akin to Stalin? You are demeaning the people who suffered at the Stalin's hands.

Incredible view of the world you have.

Admittedly this poster is given to hyperbole but the fact remains that Yingluck is guilty of gross negligence at best and mass and systemic corruption at best.

I do wonder if this were not an attractive woman, and a very wealthy one at that, whether those posters would be so sympathetic to her plight. Here's an experiment for you. Superimpose Samak's or Somchai's face over hers' in every photo op and get back to us.

The general will have to get in line with all the others who stated they warned Ms Yingluck and her government before him and publicly, while it was ongoing. He's a little late to the party, IMO.

I believe you are missing the very salient point that he is the only one in a position to bring her to justice, under the current circumstances. Good. Someone has to.

I know what he's doing. He's sending a direct message to Thaksin, but to the Western eye he's making it look like a 'packed' court and that her guilt is already assumed. TiT This is Thailand and they don't do things here the way things are done where we come from. Thainess, I know it when I see it but I will never in a million years understand it; I just accept it for what it is. What Thailand politics is to me, is my favorite television serial; you have to tune in every night for the next unexpected turn of events.

• Like 1