Turkish tourist shot dead on Koh Samui

Thaivisa News

Must be one he'll of a pub is security gaurds are armed.

yes and with a shotgun toooooooooooooooow00t.gif

I think he had a good idea the guy was going to come back possibly armed so he prepared himself

It seems Mr forlet's gangsta days are at an end

I could start to believe this conspiracy theory. Things don't add up to me. I've never seen a security guard with a shotgun. A shotgun with buckshot is deadly but awkward/bulky. Who would walk around a nightclub with one?

Someone who's bigger than you are can take a shotgun away from you right after he surprises you by grabbing it and pointing it away from himself. The gun is no good in a crowd. It's great for defense (or murder) if the victim is unaware and somewhat away from the gun, or if an opponent is some distance away up to about 100 yards/meters.

A 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 00 ("double aught") buckshot fires 9 - 12 pellets with each shot and each is about the size and speed of a 9mm handgun round. That's a lot of firepower.

In that environment I can see someone just waiting for the victim, killing him, and planting a gun(s) on him. Even if the victim was already armed I still can't get my head around carrying a bulky shotgun as a guard in a nightclub.

• Like 1

And he denied the guy entrance because the guy was intoxicated, not because the club was already supposed to be closed at 2 a.m.

Wonder if the guard will lose his job when the pub owner reads that the Turk had 100K in his pocket?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And he denied the guy entrance because the guy was intoxicated, not because the club was already supposed to be closed at 2 a.m.

Wonder if the guard will lose his job when the pub owner reads that the Turk had 100K in his pocket?

Yes he should because the man had a Swiss Army knife that is illegal in the pub.

This happened at around 6-7am as far as i am aware from being told by friends who own bars in the same street.

I doubt it was a shotgun. If someone had pulled a gun on you and you wanted to return fire you would have to be pointing the gun at him already to kill him without him getting a shot off. Most likely a pistol stuffed down the back or front of his jeans as most do .

"he had several businesses on Koh Samui and he had also been acting like a mafia providing protection to farang on the island."

"Thewet said Forlet was notorious for often engaging in quarrels after he became drunk."

But they classify him as a "tourist".

probably he got a "work visa"......cheesy.gif

The other newspaper lists the pub as Solo Bar. A prime place to get involved in some unnecessary juvenile machoism.

75% of Samui is still lovely, unfortunately Chaweng is a complete and utter poo-hole, no better than Patong or Pattaya.

Still though...

- why did the guard have a shotgun?

- how did the guard get multiple shotgun shots off and the Turk didn't if the Turk pulled first?

- why aren't there a couple of hundred witnesses (as Solo Bar is still heaving at 2am)?

- if this guy was "notorious" to police, surely it follows he has been here a while and got himself involved in police affairs. Why is he still mentioned as a "tourist"? If he was on an expired tourist visa, how come this wasn't picked up on the last time he involved himself in police affairs.

• Like 2

It can be easily proved if he was a Tourist or not. If he was tourist, how the heck did he had a gun? Just another story, poorly written by the cops to save the innocent Thai Murderer (self defense, yeah!). Another case solved in less than 24 hours by RTP! YAY!

Samui is no different than Koh Tao, only in size. If somebody wanted the Turk dead then they can easily make that happen like this. No witnesses, monkeyman shot in self defense, RTP turn a blind eye, blah blah blah. Those 3 islands down south are true paradise. Thinking of buying a condo on Chaweng very soon

"he had several businesses on Koh Samui and he had also been acting like a mafia providing protection to farang on the island."

"Thewet said Forlet was notorious for often engaging in quarrels after he became drunk."

But they classify him as a "tourist". dry.png

He is a prison tourist crazy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Gun was planted on victim after his death to prevent murder trial .

Yeah they planted TWO guns on him and let his corpse keep the 100k that he had with him. Think yeah.