thai wives behaviour

federico

I am about to commence building a small house on my wife's land in Kabinburi. First we had to find a suitable day to start the foundation by going to the monastery. Next, the monks need to bless the cornerstone and I have to invite the headman, relatives and so on for a banquet. My wife then explained that we need to plant various yellow coloured flowers in a certain alignment to the house. This was after the head monk slightly re-aligned the house plans. I don't mind, it is all good with me. But I believe some form of Thai feng shui exists in this part of Thailand.

I took our son to USA for a month (first time in over 5 years we had been apart for more than several hours) leaving my wife here because she was declined tourist visa for 700th time. We came home and she had entirely redecorated the house as in major. Entire purpose of some rooms changed, others the directions reversed. This even involved getting electrical outlets installed, the cable company visiting etc.

The only thing in my/our house is the moving of keys. I come in put the keys by my pc box and next day " Oh I have found somewhere better " At least when I come home from the pub my house is in the same place. Only really need to worry is when your bed has moved to the spare bedroom.

I am about to commence building a small house on my wife's land in Kabinburi. First we had to find a suitable day to start the foundation by going to the monastery. Next, the monks need to bless the cornerstone and I have to invite the headman, relatives and so on for a banquet. My wife then explained that we need to plant various yellow coloured flowers in a certain alignment to the house. This was after the head monk slightly re-aligned the house plans. I don't mind, it is all good with me. But I believe some form of Thai feng shui exists in this part of Thailand.

The last house we lived in my Thai wife said the bed had to face the mountains as it was lucky. She hasn't won the big one on the state rotterly though. Mai pen rai.

I've been married to my Thai wife for 44 years and she loves to move things around in our Thailand home and also the home in the States. I think it's just normal and like the old saying goes "when momma''s happy so is daddy'".

I gave this post a 'likee' just for the achievement of staying married for 44 years - well done!thumbsup.gif

Edited by chickenslegs

My God and Buddha friend...is this all you have to complain about?

Moving furniture and other things around is very normal for a woman...her home is her domain...she is asserting her womanly prerogative to move things about...and you need to give her space and not complain...

Since receiving a 24 hour ban yesterday for what was described by the admin as, "at best a facetious troll post" I no longer feel confident sharing my usual exceptionally witty and well articulated gems.

OP I apologize but on this occasion I can not give you what this thread is clearly crying out for, a deeply sarcastic and obnoxious reply... I'm going on strike, troll strike or trike. I wish everybody well.

Go on, be a devil. I wanna hear your reply.... really I do.

Mods, let him get away with it.

I was going to say this thread is one Soi Biker might like to contribute to. This topic sounds about his speed. But I won't say anything in case I get the dreaded yellow card.

Cheers..... Mal.

Whenever I read posts like this I read them all the way through with the expectation of getting to the bit where the OP tells us what explanation the wife gave him after he asked her first before asking on here as to why she was doing this,..... invariably it never comes.

To me anyway, the logical thing to do would be to ask her first, then if the answer still leaves you "plumexxed" then ask here (if that's your thing) if any members had similar experiences and include in your opening post what explanation she gave when asked.

Test the issue. Rearrange things yourself. If there is objection then you have the chance to question. I have learned to eliminate "handy" places to deposit things. It seems to me Thais often never designate a specific place for almost anything. Hence a regular search for keys, handbags, documents, cell phones,etc, etc. But furniture? Only if I mention it is ever moved at all to clean under. w00t.gif DISCOVERY TIME !biggrin.png