Leaving Thailand for good

maxme

A lot of things in Thailand are cheaper because of climate. One does not really need heat or AC. A lot of things are cheaper because of multiple growing seasons. And many other things but you get the idea.

Labor rates are going up all over the world. Thailand will retain its percentage rate in comparison with most other countries. No reason to think about parity of Thai wages with the USA or UK as it will never happen.

The US dollar will always be worth at least 25 times more than the Thai baht because things always move in tandem and not alone.

There are forces working in Thailand that insist there is a large class division and I don't see that changing.

Certainly don't need heat, but I would respectful disagree about ac. I guess it depends where in Thailand you are , but in most places you do .

In Thailand we have wall units and most people run them some of the time because of the cost

In my Florida home in the US where the weather is similar to Thailand I have central ac/heat that runs 24/7

if the temperature raises above 74F the ac kicks in automatically if in the winter drops below 74F it reverses cycle and the heat kicks in, my electric which includes hot water, light and cooking, and running a large number of electronics, averages 5212 bht per month

Try running your ac 24/7 in every room in Thailand

Thailand is an emerging economy, if it is to developed it has to make the transition from a low wage economy to a high quality economy, such as every other developed country, if it will ever reach parity with the US is arguable, but higher wages that will eliminate most of the low wage cost advantage is inevitable if Thailand is to develop.

Unless of course you want to argue that Thailand will never develop.

I lived in Thailand and Florida when the majority of the natives did not have AC. About 50% of homes built in the 1960's in Florida still did not have central AC. We got a TV a few years before we got AC.

MY electric bill runs under 2000 baht and I run the AC almost 24/7 (not in every room only in the rooms I use). I been here a long time and don't need the cold temps most Farangs do.

Thailand and the US have been separated by the same wage ratio for the past 50 years. I see no reason it will change. Thai current events support this theory.

Just a moment there partner,

I too have been in Florida since the 70's

And yes,

The original homes, that weren't trailers,

All had jalousie windows, on all 4 sides of the home, and even in the summer when the temps hit the mid 90's, they still dropped to the high 70's and low 80's at night, at the worst of the highest highest heat, and your home would be livable and with at least one fan on the ceiling, be able to sleep those nights.

Many or most homes, including the trailers all had air conditioning units available to purchase reasonably cheap, and most people did have them in the bedrooms.

By the 70's new houses were being built with central a/c and all apartments were too

Back to the 50's and 60's

The typical Florida home was generally all, fairly close to water, and generally only a few miles from the Atlantic ocean as there wasn't much development to the west, and dont not pick about the mid state, we are talking about the typical Florida House 2 or 3 small bedrooms and a car port, those houses are all over the state, everywhere,

There were usually citrus trees everywhere, cypress trees, banyan trees, all provided shade, and if near a pond, a sharply lower temperature than just yards away.

There is always a cool breeze at night in Florida, and north of west palm beach it is even cooler.

Additionally, in summer there is frequently rain which helps cool things faster. Anyone who rides a motorbike in FLORIDA as I have since 1974 can confirm that you can feel the temperature dropping and know you're coming upon a healthy rain, miles before its hits.

The only homes in Thailand I have been in that are old, and stay relatively cool in that suffocating heat of Bangkok and it's polluted, particulate laden air, are the two story townhouses, built well, with trees still spread out enough to shield the blazing sun, and then, only on the first floor, is it OK. In fact with fans in the right place in my friends townhouse it was actually, even cool.....

Tornadoes

Simple. If you live in a tornado zone, you also have a basement, very few people die from tornadoes but houses and trailers are usually destroyed, utterly. Those people then take their insurance check and either leave Oklahoma or Texas or, they move right back to the same location and live in another much newer trailer//and it comes with a/c

when I first visited my friend in Bangkok in 2013 and he only had one air conditioner unit in his bedroom and I asked why he doesn't replace the broken air conditioner in the room his wife and granddaughter sleep in he tried to tell me this is Thailand and this is the way we live herethen I asked him to come and look at the four year old who is sleeping in that bed and showed him the sweat coming off her brow and what had to be a raised body temperature and I told him to stop being a cheap bastard and get the kids and air conditioning unit. at first he tried to tell me they don't need it,

and then I looked at him with the face of a person telling him that he's cheap and he's an idiot and then the next thing he did was get the new air conditioner and they lived happily ever after

the United States in the state of Texas Louisiana and Arkansas and Oklahoma are building these mammoth domes in order to house people in times of real emergency the day that Thailand does things like that preemptively to help their people none of whom can help the elite and are truly even looked upon as people by the elite but they still are providing the smalest don't shelters for people because they actually care about life here in the US and they are doing the right

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai houses have advantages. No hot water tanks. No hot water to wash with. No dish washers. Room air conditioners.

Many places in Thailand you don't need a car. Almost everywhere in the US. Motor scooters and motor cycles are more efficient as is public transportation. 10 forms of public transportation; 1. Motor scooter taxi, tuk tuk, song taus, vans, bus, taxi, subway, elevated and train.

Thai government subsidizes; electric, water, gas and oil and health care among other things has a; being poor and powerless is cool campaign going on.

I agree fully

No need for a car in bangkok.

I posted from my experience of living the way I wanted to live in Thailand

In a new, two bedroom condo hotel, in the Penthouse, with only one other condo on the floor, a sun deck area with new tables chairs umbrellas and a gym on another floor that brought in young people

I wanted to eat western food and they had a restaurant downstairs and breakfast was brought to my room every morning

I could walk to the buffet I liked or I could be brought by their spiffy tuk tuk

They let me play my guitar thru the amp, and I liked that apparently their walls were so thick, no one ever complained, again because the condo next to me was often vacant

That was 60,000/baht a month, and worth every baht

They were very nice to my soapy princess and always washed her car if it needed and always walked her to the door, and brought her car to her...

After I moved in with her, into what was a beautiful guard gated home development, recently built, I frequently had dinner at at the promenade and mingled well with the locals

I refer to what it costs to live in Thailand, in the city, in upper middle class fashion and I say again

I can live that way, and have for the last 30 years, in south Florida in better form than I can in Thailand, for less money

Notice the word I, in front of everything I, said

Ps.

I was also seeing what many here call the nice Thai girls, educated, with great jobs, earning 60,000 to 80,000 baht a month plus commission on sales/ and,

I prefer the soapy, and the last few girls I was with whom I found in the dance clubs of Patpong

Notice, I said I, again, not you

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu ....your prior post prominently stated "You cannot live a good upper middle class style life in Thailand, for less than you can in the US," ..and you continue to say "you" ...meaning anyone

I just pointed out that anyone can ....easily on $100,000/yr (cost of middle class life in USA) in Thailand ....Guess YOU missed that point!

Also as a sex tourist your costs are considerably higher than your upper middle class expat living in Thailand. Guess you forgot your just a tourist ....ie living in a condo/Hotel. How much would that same condo/hotel room cost you in Miami (remember its a short term rental!)? $10,000 dollars/month?

This post just confirms your lack of knowledge of Thailand and that it is more than limited, but extremely narrow in view.

Well then,

Substitute the U's for I's and I shall rest your case......

Oh beachy,

How did you live without knowing I resurfaced in my conglomeration of previously banned names?

But if you want to argue that construction codes, enforcement and quality is better in Thailand go ahead,

-snip-

The only construction that has been proven to have escaped destruction in a direct tornado hit is a concrete dome"

On the other hand,

Wood is probably better in an earthquake.

Almost no one lives in a concrete dome.

Wood is the best construction for earthquake because it is light and flexible. Take a look at the (terrible) pictures of the Nepal earthquake yesterday where there are piles of concrete slabs and masonry rubble on top of things including people.

The pic above of where a tornado passed through... A tornado is relatively narrow but will take out most things in its path. The chances of being in the path of one somewhere on this earth, even in the US are tiny.

According to the book of odds you are 38X more likely to contract leprosy than you are to be hit by a tornado.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Used to.

Glad I woke up and left. If I was single maybe I could have done it, but parental responsibility meant I was honor bound to leave.

Me too, but we will spend this summer back in Thailand visiting the grandparents and chilling on the beach for a few weeks before heading back to good old England.

Very good point about raising children in Thailand, particularly Bangkok

The sight of grey haired expats aged 45 and older pushing strollers on the MRT, was enough for me to snap out of any thoughts of starting a new family, which is part of tthe package with any younger Thai girl....

None of those guys looked right with their dark skinned Thai princess, not pushing the stroller and carrying her LV purse, gold chains about her neck, and bad wardrobe

Well then,

Oh beachy,

How did you live without knowing I resurfaced in my conglomeration of previously banned names?

As they say ...."there's one born every minute"cheesy.gif

You just make it too easy with your inane arguements...(ie Thailand is more expensive to live than the US ...BUT then you go on to say how you stayed in this absolutely fabulous 2 bedroom penthouse in Central Bangkok for $2000 dollars/Month which you couldn't touch anywhere in a Major city in the US for less than $10,000 dollars/month)....go figurecoffee1.gif

Edited by beachproperty

How many expats, especially those living in cities, have maids. I've no idea but I'll bet it's a good percentage. Where in the US could you employ a full time maid for 10K baht a month? Emply legally, not some paperless illegal immigrant.

Have you ACTUALLY tried to get staff in the last few years?

I have and 10k doesnt cut it anymore Im afraid, had a kid recently he was working as a security guard on the BTS 18k a month he quit saying it was long hours and he was tired, he came to work for me on our land and lasted 6 weeks before saying the work was to hard, him and his girlfriend were getting 18k for both of them + free house food, motorcycle and free fuel and 1 day a week off.

Looks now like 12k is the rate for a man round by me and builders workers ask 500 a day even though they still have little skills if any.

Building workers get 150bht/day where I live.

Maids get 6k, if they complain you hand them over to the cops and you smuggle in a new one from Mae Sot.

Foreigners always pay more for everything, mainly 'cos they're daft.

we lived from 1989 till 2004 mainly in Central Florida. last county (Volusia) property tax $ 9,780.- home+hurricane insurance $4,465.- and federal income tax $ 54,500.- on "declared" income.

total $ 68,745 (exchange rate 2003/4 = 42) TBH 2,887,290 at today's rate THB 2,229,400.- not considered capital gains over 12 years which would have lifted our income tax (even with a little creative accounting and a tax return in our favour) to a minimum of $ 75,000.- bringing the total to $ 89,245 = THB 2,894,215.- the equivalent total in Thailand is ZERO!

read more:

-full gardening service once a week including pest control $ 600 (THB 20,200) / month.

our fulltime gardener who also has various housekeeping tasks earns THB 12,500/month, additional cost for food and utilities (airconditioned accomodation), health care and some other fringe benefits approximately 4,000/month total THB 16,500/month.

-maid service 4 hours/day 5 times a week $10/hour $ 860/month = THB 28,000 at today's exchange rate.

our housekeeper (gardener's wife) earns the same as her husband, total cost THB 16,500/month.

-no cook in Florida but fulltime cook in Thailand total cost THB 14,000/month.

-no driver cum handyman in Florida. in Thailand our "man who solves [nearly] all problems" makes around THB 20,000/month but i estimate (because we do the maintenance of a high-tech home virtually without subcontractors) we save much more than we shell out.

living in the U.S. is cheaper? gimme a break! w00t.gif

disclaimer: living the life of our esteemed mate "Canarysun" in a godforsaken place of Montana will still be more expensive cheesy.gif

summary: our very comfortable life in Thailand does not cost us a single penny smile.png

How many expats, especially those living in cities, have maids. I've no idea but I'll bet it's a good percentage. Where in the US could you employ a full time maid for 10K baht a month? Emply legally, not some paperless illegal immigrant.

Have you ACTUALLY tried to get staff in the last few years?

I have and 10k doesnt cut it anymore Im afraid, had a kid recently he was working as a security guard on the BTS 18k a month he quit saying it was long hours and he was tired, he came to work for me on our land and lasted 6 weeks before saying the work was to hard, him and his girlfriend were getting 18k for both of them + free house food, motorcycle and free fuel and 1 day a week off.

Looks now like 12k is the rate for a man round by me and builders workers ask 500 a day even though they still have little skills if any.

Building workers get 150bht/day where I live.

Maids get 6k, if they complain you hand them over to the cops and you smuggle in a new one from Mae Sot.

Foreigners always pay more for everything, mainly 'cos they're daft.

handing them over to cops if they complain is very gentleman-like... i dare say bah.gif

we lived from 1989 till 2004 mainly in Central Florida. last county (Volusia) property tax $ 9,780.- home+hurricane insurance $4,465.- and federal income tax $ 54,500.- on "declared" income.

total $ 68,745 (exchange rate 2003/4 = 42) TBH 2,887,290 at today's rate THB 2,229,400.- not considered capital gains over 12 years which would have lifted our income tax (even with a little creative accounting and a tax return in our favour) to a minimum of $ 75,000.- bringing the total to $ 89,245 = THB 2,894,215.- the equivalent total in Thailand is ZERO!

read more:

-full gardening service once a week including pest control $ 600 (THB 20,200) / month.

our fulltime gardener who also has various housekeeping tasks earns THB 12,500/month, additional cost for food and utilities (airconditioned accomodation), health care and some other fringe benefits approximately 4,000/month total THB 16,500/month.

-maid service 4 hours/day 5 times a week $10/hour $ 860/month = THB 28,000 at today's exchange rate.

our housekeeper (gardener's wife) earns the same as her husband, total cost THB 16,500/month.

-no driver cum handyman in Florida. in Thailand our "man who solves [nearly] all problems" makes around THB 20,000/month but i estimate (because we do the maintenance of a high-tech home virtually without subcontractors) we save much more than we shell out.

disclaimer: living the life of our esteemed mate "Canarysun" in a godforsaken place of Montana will still be more expensive cheesy.gif

summary: our very comfortable life in Thailand does not cost us a single penny smile.png

Of course it is cheaper to live in Thailand than in the U.S. unless, perhaps you compare Bangkok to someplace like Kansas, and even then I have my doubts.

There seems to be two distinct discussions here; one concerning cost of living comparisons and the other involving quality of life issues.

I do find it a bit sad that many here seem to live in Thailand purely based on cost of living and lack of income issues. It is also a bit disingenuous that those same people seem to work hard to divert their lack of income/savings issues to slamming their home countries. But I guess whatever allows one to sleep at night works.

Of course it is cheaper to live in Thailand than in the U.S. unless, perhaps you compare Bangkok to someplace like Kansas, and even then I have my doubts.

There seems to be two distinct discussions here; one concerning cost of living comparisons and the other involving quality of life issues.

I do find it a bit sad that many here seem to live in Thailand purely based on cost of living and lack of income issues. It is also a bit disingenuous that those same people seem to work hard to divert their lack of income/savings issues to slamming their home countries. But I guess whatever allows one to sleep at night works.

you are overlooking the fact that most (not all) of those who live in Thailand the prevailing cost of living makes a higher quality of life affordable because of the lower cost. that does not necessarily apply to each and everybody or to specific cases, e.g. health care free in home country, Thailand expensive in comparison no matter how cheap the treatment.

Just a moment there partner,

Tornadoes

Simple. If you live in a tornado zone, you also have a basement, very few people die from tornadoes but houses and trailers are usually destroyed, utterly. Those people then take their insurance check and either leave Oklahoma or Texas or, they move right back to the same location and live in another much newer trailer//and it comes with a/c

(edit to discuss tornadoes)

There are no basements in Florida.

One Sunday night in 1998 became the deadliest tornado event in Florida history, with 12 tornadoes touching down overnight from Feb. 22-23, in a swath of destruction from Kissimmee to Daytona Beach killing 42, leaving hundreds more injured and destroying or damaging thousands of homes.

Edited by lostoday

Well then,

Oh beachy,

As they say ...."there's one born every minute"cheesy.gif

You just make it too easy with your inane arguements...(ie Thailand is more expensive to live than the US ...BUT then you go on to say how you stayed in this absolutely fabulous 2 bedroom penthouse in Central Bangkok for $2000 dollars/Month which you couldn't touch anywhere in a Major city in the US for less than $10,000 dollars/month)....go figurecoffee1.gif

you were the one that said you can't touch it for ten grand I didn't comment on that

and for 2 grand a month that beautiful condo was still in the middle of a polluted noisy third world country,

you weren't seriously comparing Bangkok to Manhattan were you?

you were the one that said you can't touch it for ten grand I didn't comment on that

and for 2 grand a month that beautiful condo was still in the middle of a polluted noisy third world country,

you weren't seriously comparing Bangkok to Manhattan were you?

If I was comparing to Manhattan I would have said $25,000-$50,000 dollars/month (for a holiday one month rental). My daughter lives in Manhattan she has a 200 sq foot place that she pays $2500/month (considered a bargain). Manhattan is Manhattan, Boston is Boston, San Francisco is San Francisco, Bangkok is Bangkok etc.....all different with their own charms and problems, they are what they are and everybody sees what they want to see (You obviously want to see pollution...believe it or not, it is in every city)...but just like Bangkok they are MAJOR cities in the WORLD.

You'll never be able to compare apples to apples....with that being said Bangkok is a lot cheaper (and YOU are the one who said that!cheesy.gif ), that was the point, but then again, you seem to never get the point because of your narrow view of the world or maybe you just choose to ignore what you want to ignore and go off on your own rant and make your own assumptions w00t.gif

Good luck with that...coffee1.gif

Edited by beachproperty

You wrote. "I do find it a bit sad that many here seem to live in Thailand purely based on cost of living and lack of income issues." Why do you think people live anywhere? Why don't I live in a Chateau in the South of France like Baron Rothschild? Because, I'm not rich.

I'll admit it. I live in Thailand because I'm poor. If I was rich I would live in the South of France with a bevy of models from the Ford Modeling Agency.

I live in Thailand because on my meager income I can approximate living in the South of France with a bevy of models from the ford Modeling Agency. The key word there is approximate.

I don't slam my home country but when people keep posting falsehoods about Thailand vs another country I correct them. If you consider that slamming so be it.

Edited by lostoday

read more:

Volusia county has the second highest tax rate in Florida and even as such a $ 9,780 per year property tax rate would be above average even for that area , as it would represent an assessed property value of over $300,000 where the average property value in Volusia is $140,000

I own property twenty min north of Daytona Beach in Flagler Co, and my property tax are about $3,000 This represent a very nice three bedroom two bath home less than 10 years old in a very nice, safe community 10 min from the beach

Having said that, it is true that regardless of the above, that there is no property tax in Thailand, though according to the news this is about to change , and the proposal is that properties over a million baht will be taxed,

This of course remains to be seen but a equivalent to a $300,000 property would be a 9,773,537 in Thailand

if the proposal is implemented I wonder what the tax liability would be for a 10 million property in Thailand and how that would change the calculus.

But regardless of whether a property tax is or is not implemented in Thailand the fact remains that the Tax liability paid in the US is a premium that supports services not available in Thailand,

So of course you can live cheaper if you buy less services , the argument is not that it is cheaper to live in Thailand it certainly is, IMHO the argument is, or should be, if it is Cheaper for equivalent returns.

As far as Income is concerned, I am not a tax expert I am sure some one else can answer this more correctly or correct me in this, but if that income was derived from US courses one would still have a US tax liability, if an equivalent income was earned in Thailand one would be subject to a Thai tax liability. So I am not sure how your tax liability has changed because you now live in Thailand.I too have a huge tax liability, is there a way to mitigate that by living in Thailand?

So until corrected, and trust me I would love to be wrong in this, I am not about to cut my nose to spite my face,tongue.png

I would love it for Thailand to be less expensive for the same services, But until such time, I have to stand by my assessment , that yes indeed life is cheaper in Thailand, but only because you get less services.

And that is not necessarily a bad thing, a simpler life suites many,

If it was not for health issues and the fact that unless I win the lottery my health care concerns can only be met in the US

Thailand would be perfect for me,

But regardless of whether a property tax is or is not implemented in Thailand the fact remains that the Tax liability paid in the US is a premium that supports services not available in Thailand,

I think your statement is entirely wrong.

What services do you get for your property tax in the US, that you Thais don't get free in Thailand?

Thais get free healthcare in Thailand linked to their residence, so it seems to me you get more in Thailand, as a Thai citizen.

Free garbage collection? (Thailand 30bht/month)

Free school? (Thailand free)

Free street lighting? (Thailand free)

Edited by MaeJoMTB

sirineou

As far as Income is concerned, I am not a tax expert I am sure some one else can answer this more correctly or correct me in this, but if that income was derived from US courses one would still have a US tax liability, if an equivalent income was earned in Thailand one would be subject to a Thai tax liability. So I am not sure how your tax liability has changed because you now live in Thailand.I too have a huge tax liability, is there a way to mitigate that by living in Thailand?

So until corrected, and trust me I would love to be wrong in this, I am not about to cut my nose to spite my face,xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6xvrrWe

you are an "unlucky" American citizen who feels the claws of the IRS in his pockets no matter where you reside. luckily me and my wife are German citizens who reside in Thailand where (until now) we live without paying any income tax.

Volusia county has the second highest tax rate in Florida and even as such a $ 9,780 per year property tax rate would be above average even for that area , as it would represent an assessed property value of over $300,000 where the average property value in Volusia is $140,000

let me answer that in an arrogant way tongue.png

we did not own a shack valued at $140k nor a bread-and-butter house (German expression for an average middle class home) valued $ 300k but a waterfront home with ~520m² "under air". land and building cost in 1993/94 ~$ 580,000.-

but if that income was derived from US courses one would still have a US tax liability,

if an equivalent income was earned in Thailand one would be subject to a Thai tax liability.

why would anyone invest his/her savings in a jurisdiction that is not income tax free or at least has low taxes?

What services do you get for your property tax in the US, that you Thais don't get free in Thailand?

Thais get free healthcare in Thailand linked to their residence, so it seems to me you get more in Thailand, as a Thai citizen.

The quality of all of the above is of course arguable but no one with any knowledge in the subject would argue that the infrastructure in Thailand is superior to the one in the US

The quality of all of the above is of course arguable but no one with any knowledge in the subject would argue that the infrastructure in Thailand is superior to the one in the US

you said 'services not available in Thailand' which is distinct from 'lower quality services in Thailand'.

We aren't talking infrastructure, we talking services financed by US property tax/

I doubt you could name any service in the US related to your property taxes that is better either.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

sirineou

So until corrected, and trust me I would love to be wrong in this, I am not about to cut my nose to spite my face,xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6xvrrWe

you are an "unlucky" American citizen who feels the claws of the IRS in his pockets no matter where you reside. luckily me and my wife are German citizens who reside in Thailand where (until now) we live without paying any income tax.

let me answer that in an arrogant way tongue.png

we did not own a shack valued at $140k nor a bread-and-butter house (German expression for an average middle class home) valued $ 300k but a waterfront home with ~520m² "under air". land and building cost in 1993/94 ~$ 580,000.-

but if that income was derived from US courses one would still have a US tax liability,

if an equivalent income was earned in Thailand one would be subject to a Thai tax liability.

why would anyone invest his/her savings in a jurisdiction that is not income tax free or at least has low taxes?

For the purpose of this discussion I think it is necessary to note that Most Americans are not as fortunate as you to be able to afford a $580,000 home or to have a German citizenship and as this is a discussion of the affordability of Thailand vs Us not apropos.

Let me also answer this in what might sound like an arrogant responsetongue.png

But it would be helpful in achieving a consensus to talk in averages,

Many of as exist at the far ends of the spectrum,(I am not saying which end I belongtongue.png ) but we are not representative and as such irrelevant to the issue at hand

on an unrelated note, being familiar with the areas in FL you mention , and given the description of your humble adobelaugh.png I would be willing to bet you were located in either Ormond Beach, Port Orange if on the intercoastal , or Ponce Ilnlet

I used to keep my boat in the inlet Harbor Marina and loved to frequent Inlet Harbor restaurant, I loved to seat on the deck, consume large quantities of my avatar, and watch novice boaters trying to negotiate the sharp turn of the marina outlet in low tide , especialy with a single motor and the bimini top up on a windy daylaugh.png those familiar with power boats will know exactly what I am talking about

you said 'services not available in Thailand' which is distinct from 'lower quality services in Thailand'.

We aren't talking infrastructure, we talking services financed by US property tax/

I doubt you could name any service in the US related to your property taxes that is better either.

at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think I have being consistent in my opinion that you pay less in Thailand but you get less ,

I have consistently if not successfully tried to make this point , and perhaps it is my fault but it is also possible that you misunderstand me. I think it might be helpful if you concentrated in the context of my opinion rater than individual words.

as far as a superior service afforded to Americans by their taxes ...

well we do have a kick ass Militarytongue.png and our taxes did help produce a realistic film of landing a man on the moonlaugh.pnglaugh.png

edit typo

Edited by sirineou

at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think I have being consistent in my opinion that you pay less in Thailand but you get less ,

I have consistently if not successfully tried to make this point , and perhaps it is my fault but it is also possible that you misunderstand me. I think it might be helpful if you concentrated in the context of my opinion rater than individual words.

as far as a superior service afforded to Americans by their taxes ...

well we do have a kick ass Militarytongue.png and our taxes did help produce a realistic film of landing a man on the moonlaugh.pnglaugh.png

You wrote, "I have being consistent in my opinion that you pay less in Thailand but you get less,"

You didn't qualify that so I assume I can present any information to the contrary.

The topic is, anyone see yourself here till the end? Yes I do. 1. Nursing home care in Thailand is pay less and get more because I'll stay at home. I could not do this in the USA. Already discussed it with the family and we know who and where and how. 2. Sticky rice and mango. Get more in Thailand and pay less.
3. Maid service in Thailand pay less get more. 4. Public transportation in Thailand. 10 different varieties pay less get more. 5. Coffee shops in Thailand (little local shops) pay less get more in Thailand.
6. Street food Pay less get more in Thailand (if you know where to go).
7. Thai restaurants, Japanese restaurants, Korean restaurants, pay less get more in Thailand.
8. Companionship; get more pay less in Thailand.
9. Lady boy shows pay less and get more in Thailand. 9. Basil; pay less get more Thailand.
10. Durian pay less get more in Thailand.
11. Keeping a smile on an old mans face? Thailand pay less get more.
Edited by lostoday