Why Did You Come Here?!

Khleerm

I am from the Philippines so I came here for a lot of combined reasons........

1 My country is so messed-up politically and financially because of our corrupt politicians who who only look after their own interested. Of course, the people in my country has something to do with it as well. A lot of the people in my country are too lazy to work, always looking for "nice jobs/postions" instead of making do with what's available, and always blaming the government for everything. I didn't want to fall into the same trap!

2 The war between the "Muslims in the Mindanao Region and the Philippine Government" scared the foreign businemen who used to base their businesses and factory in my country, so available jobs have been scarce.

3 Filipino Families are so tightly-knitted that felt, I needed to go away. I wanted a little bit of freedom, and to be independent. I wanted to learn and experience what it's like to live on your own, work, pay for your bills, have your own apartment. It wasn't easy at first. I was used to having someone else do my bed, laundry, food. But when I hit 20, I felt that I've over-grown my "nanny" and that I needed to learn to look after myself, so I left home. (I'm 25 now, and I've been here in BKK for 5 years. I'm independent and happy.)

may i be so forward as to ask your lovely self how you make your living.

chock dee cup to you my friend. :o

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 My country is so messed-up politically and financially because of our corrupt politicians who who only look after their own interested. Of course, the people in my country has something to do with it as well. A lot of the people in my country are too lazy to work, always looking for "nice jobs/postions" instead of making do with what's available, and always blaming the government for everything. I didn't want to fall into the same trap!

2 The war between the "Muslims in the Mindanao Region and the Philippine Government" scared the foreign businemen who used to base their businesses and factory in my country, so available jobs have been scarce.

3 Filipino Families are so tightly-knitted that felt, I needed to go away. I wanted a little bit of freedom, and to be independent. I wanted to learn and experience what it's like to live on your own, work, pay for your bills, have your own apartment. It wasn't easy at first. I was used to having someone else do my bed, laundry, food. But when I hit 20, I felt that I've over-grown my "nanny" and that I needed to learn to look after myself, so I left home. (I'm 25 now, and I've been here in BKK for 5 years. I'm independent and happy.)

Why you ask Terry, you looking for a new room maid ?

You dirty ole dawg ! :D

hello miss fawn,

i must admit that you have raised my blood pressure a tad, and im starting to get those man feelings surging through my awesome looking body. :D

you sound like a stait up, fair dinkum, georgous cracking shiela. :D

look,

i'll give you the scoop regarding my handsome self. :D

i am available for private sight seeing around rambuttri steet if ever you need help.

lovely chatting to you miss fawn,

till next time. :D

terry :D

hello miss fawn,

i must admit that you have raised my blood pressure a tad, and im starting to get those man feelings surging through my awesome looking body. :D

look,

i am available for private sight seeing around rambuttri steet if ever you need help.

That avatar does look good dont it.

And im not talking about yours :D

I'm a teacher. I teach 3rd grade. I've been teaching here in BKK since I was 20 years old. (At 20,) Five years ago, I only had my BA major in Pol Sci Degree, and I wasn't really that qualified to teach. But a school hired me. That was a lucky break! Three years later, I studied for my teaching certificate at Mission College, Thailand, while working at the same time.

hello miss fawn,

i must admit that you have raised my blood pressure a tad, and im starting to get those man feelings surging through my awesome looking body. :o

look,

Hello Terry,

Thanks a lot for your kind intentions.

Life's been good to me and I'm doing great.

Aight.... I'll send you a tell or a holler if I find myself in that side of town.

Take care.

Janyn

Edited by GracelessFawn

Wanted change in my life. Thought I might meet a nice girl out here. Came with an International Exchange program and worked as a volunteer for two years. I stayed on and on and on and now I am lost out here. Help!

give you the strait up tip mate,

take 2 bex tablets, drink a 6 pack of singa, knock back a few buckets of samson and have a nice sleep.

you'll be right tomorrow. :D

cheers friend :o

hello miss fawn,

i must admit that you have raised my blood pressure a tad, and im starting to get those man feelings surging through my awesome looking body. :o

look,

Hello Terry,

Thanks a lot for your kind intentions.

Life's been good to me and I'm doing great.

Aight.... I'll send you a tell or a holler if I find myself in that side of town.

Take care.

Janyn

yes janyn,

my top self only has good intentions for your good self as lets face the fact ,

you are no bar girl and have obviously followed a learn'ed life. :D

everybody on this forum knows that i'll be back in los in november and you janyn,

will be treated like a queen by my good self and i will give you a tour of rambuttri street for absolutely zero cost. :D

when you feel like it you can call me. :D

you know where i'll be janyn, and that is,

espousing wisdom and truth on this forum, for all the punters that lurk here. :D

bye bye my lovely new friend.

terry

yes janyn,

you are no bar girl and have obviously followed a learn'ed life. :o

everybody on this forum knows that i'll be back in los in november and you janyn,

will be treated like a queen by my good self and i will give you a tour of rambuttri street for absolutely zero cost. :D

espousing wisdom and truth on this forum, for all the punters that lurk here. :D

terry

Aight I'll buy you a beer soon!

Me?

I came for the temples.

And, of course, the food.....

:D

Actually, I first came to Thailand in Spring of 2002 on the invitation from a very stunning Chinese - Thai former classmate of mine from school. She had returned a few months after September 11 ( family thought New York was too dangerous at that time ), and had constantly asked me to come visit her. I knew about Thailands reputation beforehand, but was very curious to check the country out for myself, to see if all the things I had heard was true or not. When I arrived she first showed me around her huge estate ( I naively thought at first that most Thais must be VERY rich to live this way, little did I know... :D ) then for the rest of that weekend took me around Bangkok to show me the sights ( including Patpong :o ). My friend was busy the rest of the week at work, so I backpacked around the north of Thailand for a few weeks, visiting most of the settlements there, meeting with the northern Hilltribes and old Chiang Mai villages, then spent a few days in Chiang Mai. Very friendly people up there - It's now my favorite place in Thailand, I made alot of friends there, including an ex- patriate American, who gave alot of good advice to me, and also recommended other places in Thailand I should check out, especially this interesting beachside resort place south of Bangkok called Pattaya... :D

When I returned to Bangkok from the North to briefly see my classmate friend of mine before I returned to NYC, for some reason, when I saw her, she no longer looked like the super beauty that I remembered, she now looked very average and homely for some reason.......... :D

While I think that I'm one of the very few Americans on this forum that actually prefers America to Thailand ( Unlike most of the people here, I have not yet found the love of my life in Thailand, so that may be a factor... I don't know if I will even end up marrying a Thai lady, even though I do know alot of candidates..... )

But I do like the country very much - especially the people there, and may even consider staying there part of the year when I retire someday....

Me?

I came for the temples.

And, of course, the food.....

Actually, I first came to Thailand in Spring of 2002 on the invitation from a very stunning Chinese - Thai former classmate of mine from school. She had returned a few months after September 11 ( family thought New York was too dangerous at that time ), and had constantly asked me to come visit her. I knew about Thailands reputation beforehand, but was very curious to check the country out for myself, to see if all the things I had heard was true or not. When I arrived she first showed me around her huge estate ( I naively thought at first that most Thais must be VERY rich to live this way, little did I know... :D ) then for the rest of that weekend took me around Bangkok to show me the sights ( including Patpong :D ). My friend was busy the rest of the week at work, so I backpacked around the north of Thailand for a few weeks, visiting most of the settlements there, meeting with the northern Hilltribes and old Chiang Mai villages, then spent a few days in Chiang Mai. Very friendly people up there - It's now my favorite place in Thailand, I made alot of friends there, including an ex- patriate American, who gave alot of good advice to me, and also recommended other places in Thailand I should check out, especially this interesting beachside resort place south of Bangkok called Pattaya... :D

When I returned to Bangkok from the North to briefly see my classmate friend of mine before I returned to NYC, for some reason, when I saw her, she no longer looked like the super beauty that I remembered, she now looked very average and homely for some reason.......... :D

While I think that I'm one of the very few Americans on this forum that actually prefers America to Thailand ( Unlike most of the people here, I have not yet found the love of my life in Thailand, so that may be a factor... I don't know if I will even end up marrying a Thai lady, even though I do know alot of candidates..... )

But I do like the country very much - especially the people there, and may even consider staying there part of the year when I retire someday....

you write in a style that tells me you are not sure what you want to do or where you want to be. :D

you do say that for you the u.s.a. is your preference but you would like to play in los.

this sounds like a sound idea to my self.

i think you could possibly do yourself a favour by concentrating on thailand for what it is and not for female company.

but the lovely women sure are a bonus if you are lucky enough to meet a genuine one.

los is a magnificent country if you give yourself time to know her.

give it a whirl bro.

cheers :o

yes janyn,

you are no bar girl and have obviously followed a learn'ed life. :D

terry

Aight I'll buy you a beer soon!

lovely then,

i'll have a sam son bucket and a throw in a few red bulls for a giggle. :D

cheers,

to your good self gracefull fawn, and i can feel that you are truly gracefull. :D

:o

Hello all,

I made the acquaintance of another professional the other day, and in the course of our conversation she very pointedly asked me- why did you come here?

This is not the first time someone has been so direct. I know what I said. But were I to confess the truth, I would have to say the reasons were quite idealistic and also quite complex. And until I know the person asking this question well I will keep the reply quite simplistic.

May I ask all you others here the same question? And ask how you reply and what goes through your mind when you are asked this? Does it put you slighty on the defensive as it does to me?

I am very curious to know.

Thank you all,

Khleerm

On my way to Japan to make a million dollars. Thought it wise to get some experience first and so got a job teaching, well you know the rest.

Although I've had some hard times, I've also had some experiences that I never imagined would have happened if I had stayed in my home town.

No regrets.

ps. Went back a few years ago to see if I could kive back in the 'civilized' world.

Back here now.

Terry......

we've killed the thread!

dont worry,

the punters are jealous, :D

as i am the only kind hearted fella to ask you out for a little drink.

true love,

act's in a strange way ?

we are powerless to fight it.

me an you strait up for a larger on rambuttri st.

dont worry,

true love,

act's in a strange way ?

right on......

Wooooo luv? That fast? Hehhehehehhehe

What about friendship???? Hehehhehehhehehhe

you write in a style that tells me you are not sure what you want to do or where you want to be. :D

you do say that for you the u.s.a. is your preference but you would like to play in los.

I have to dissagree with you there, pal. I'm quite sure what I what to do for the time being.

Nothing wrong with that.

Hey, what can I say, for now and for the forseeable future, I prefer living in America.

i think you could possibly do yourself a favour by concentrating on thailand for what it is and not for female company.

I belive that you misinterpreted my post, Mr. Terry57. If I had wanted to concentrate on female company, I would have said that Pattaya was my favorite place in Thailand...

but the lovely women sure are a bonus if you are lucky enough to meet a genuine one.

Yes, there are many lovely ladies there, and I've met a few genuine women there, but that is not the onely reason why I go to Thailand, if that were the case, I would have gone to Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic, etc...I'm still a young man, so I am not in any rush.

give it a whirl bro.

Yes, Thailand is a very nice country, but I don't have all the free time to "know her" right now like what you seem to have....

...Bro.

:D ODP and selected services. Those were the days when we (the crew) were free range rovers. Lots of fun with no plans for the future, just a day at a time or for the moment and then then moment was gone. We though it would never end. :D Time just slipped away and here I am many years later. Guess I am about the only one left from the original crew. Others just moved along over the years or...... :D

Thought you knew " Culture " baby! :D:D

Also the Thai babe culture, beer culture, seafood culture, mai pen lai culture, low fare culture and in the club culture :o !

Edited by ilyushin

Yep, I'm a guy who came for a guy...........now three years later and still loving him and Thailand (in that order)

It's okay popshirt. That's your choice and reason to settle down in Thailand like others. Sex is the most important reason for living much less the location. We all like it, right?. See people come here with or without money, but they still come for sex. I'm in the 90% group ( for women) by only lo(v)ing one lady at a time. :o

Ever destination wants to f-ck you whatever your sexual preference.

My first condition as an Expat: No real babes on site, so import! Beer next flight.

bonus babes! like perks from work. :D

Fellow co-worker asked me this over twenty five years ago. "What is the difference between a straight and gay man in Thailand? His reply "Two beers!" :D

Edited by ilyushin

dont worry,

true love,

act's in a strange way ?

right on......

Wooooo luv? That fast? Hehhehehehhehe

What about friendship???? Hehehhehehhehehhe

yes,

of course we can do friendship first as you have some cracking brain matter working in

your favour and im loving that.

till our top little drink together on rambuttri st my gracefull fawn.

let your karma run like the wind in the great los.

terry

I have to dissagree with you there, pal. I'm quite sure what I what to do for the time being.

Nothing wrong with that.

Hey, what can I say, for now and for the forseeable future, I prefer living in America.

I belive that you misinterpreted my post, Mr. Terry57. If I had wanted to concentrate on female company, I would have said that Pattaya was my favorite place in Thailand...

Yes, there are many lovely ladies there, and I've met a few genuine women there, but that is not the onely reason why I go to Thailand, if that were the case, I would have gone to Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic, etc...I'm still a young man, so I am not in any rush.

give it a whirl bro.

Yes, Thailand is a very nice country, but I don't have all the free time to "know her" right now like what you seem to have....

...Bro.

jesus freaking christ narachon,

you have disected my post like you are a queens council lawyer my friend. :D

look,

i cant reply to all that as id be sitting behind my computer for ever. :D

look mate ,

ill give you the big tip and that is im a real top shelf aussie bloke.

bit like batman except he's an american, much like yourself.

i have no malice, bad intent or general ill will towards you as that aint my style bro.

anyway friend,

you just make sure that you keep on respecting los as thats all thats important to my good self as i truly love thailand.

may be when you have more time you can love her as well.. :D

cheers :D

ps you will never know her charms sitting over there in the U.S.A.

its all yours mate. :D

you write in a style that tells me you are not sure what you want to do or where you want to be.

Nothing wrong with that.

give it a whirl bro.

cheers

...Bro.

And then.....

jesus freaking christ narachon,

In the future, Terry57, you should address me as " my Lord and Savior Christ Narachon". Only my close friends and family may call me by my nickname, "Jesus Freaking"... :D

you have disected my post like you are a queens council lawyer my friend. :D

Sorry, I have no idea what that is, I'm a Yank after all...

look,

i cant reply to all that as id be sitting behind my computer for ever. :D

Why not, you have anything else to do in here, besides trying to pick up GracelessFawn ? :D

look mate ,

ill give you the big tip and that is im a real top shelf aussie bloke.

bit like batman except he's an american, much like yourself.

i have no malice, bad intent or general ill will towards you as that aint my style bro.

It seemed that you singled me out for some reason, dispite similar content in other posts - was it because I said that I prefer to just vacation in Thailand instead of living there?

Anyway, since you say that you are a "real top shelf aussie bloke" , let me write in Aussie , so you'll won't misunderstand what I'm trying to say then...

Crikey!

Im'ma putha dampa onnis two-up yabber so don'na hava bloody blue 'it ya mate an 'at. Up uohmm a lairrikin bloke an' that. Sacked on 'iss, etta 'ava fair go on iss, doncha 'ave a cuppa. Thai Sheilas they 'an a bronzer, but I no gallah 'an that. An I do 'ot o yakka 'ere in Yankland. No time for a long spell, no bludger like you, cobber. Ah barrack LOS lots, butan'na think I 'll go bush in Saim - fair dinkum I will! Buckley's chance 'an that! But 'aybe tommarra...

So let's all be apple's , anna puhtta nutta prawn on'na barbie then.

Mate!

anyway friend,

you just make sure that you keep on respecting los as thats all thats important to my good self as i truly love thailand.

may be when you have more time you can love her as well.. :D

Maybe I'll feel the same way when I get to be your age.

But as much as you can love Thailand, no matter how long you stay or Thai women you marry/go out with, you will always be the outsider there.

Just keeping that in mind.

ps you will never know her charms sitting over there in the U.S.A.

its all yours mate. :D

Worse comes to worse, there is always National Geographic and the Discovery Channel.

Or Fox.