Suvarnubhumi - Information

euroflash

With a month to go before it is supposed to open, I am amazed (but not surprised) that the new Bangkok International Airport website is still under construction... Even the TAT website seems to have virtually nothing about the airport.

Any good websites out there with a least some info on how to get to and from the airport? How long does it take to go there from downtown, say Central World Plaza? It is close to the Bangna-Trad highway, right? But no railway connection yet, or?

Thanks

With a month to go before it is supposed to open, I am amazed (but not surprised) that the new Bangkok International Airport website is still under construction... Even the TAT website seems to have virtually nothing about the airport.

Any good websites out there with a least some info on how to get to and from the airport? How long does it take to go there from downtown, say Central World Plaza? It is close to the Bangna-Trad highway, right? But no railway connection yet, or?

Thanks

Slightly off topic comment -

mmmhh seems that the website and the actual airport have alot in common then (but maybe not openly admitted)

One potential problem is that the the way the name of the airport is written in english is different from how it is pronounced - it is written something like survanapoom but then pronounced diffrently

Thanks

Specifically, answering your direct questions, I am not aware of any website at the moment. However, a great deal of info on the airport with some info on transportation can be found at 2Bangkok.com. I have found this website to be very interesting as it relates to past and present infrastructural projects.

Thanks

Specifically, answering your direct questions, I am not aware of any website at the moment. However, a great deal of info on the airport with some info on transportation can be found at 2Bangkok.com. I have found this website to be very interesting as it relates to past and present infrastructural projects.

Thanks, yes there is some helpful info on that site!